Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You accidentally order something out of your comfort zone, now what?

Quote Originally Posted by queenb3577 View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I have waited on people and maybe something was wrong, or the steak wasn't cooked enough, and they are very nice and you offer to have it remade, and they refuse to do it. I feel so bad. We had a guy, he steak wasn't cooked enough, so we remade it. So the server brought it out to him and he wanted her to wrap it up for him because he was gonna give it to his dog since he "saw that movie Waiting" (which is a great movie and people who are rude in restaurants should watch that before going out to eat, IMO) Anyway, he made her take a bite of his steak to prove that no one did anything to it. It was funny.
    I don't think that is very funny what so ever. I find it outrageously degrading to have her (the waitress)taste it, even though it would have been the Chef, and not her who would have reason to tamper with the steak. Talk about punishing the lowest person, guy probably didn't have the balls to confront the Chef.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'd just ask for a doggie bag and head to Taco Bell. My pug would probably eat whatever it was I ordered at the restaurant.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    I don't think that is very funny what so ever. I find it outrageously degrading to have her (the waitress)taste it, even though it would have been the Chef, and not her who would have reason to tamper with the steak. Talk about punishing the lowest person, guy probably didn't have the balls to confront the Chef.
    OK, I see your point..but it wasn't done in a bad way. They had been joking around, and he was saying "No way am I eating that I've seen Waiting" They were kinda joking about it. Actually when she brought the steak back to the kitchen, the guy who cooked it, I think it was overdone, said "Oh shit, that was my bad" He made him a new one real quick. Then he said "tell him I'm sorry and this one is going to be perfect, he'll love it" So when she brought the new steak out to the guy she said "The kitchen appologizes and says your gonna love this one" and I think the way she said it made the guy think the kitchen did something too it, which they didn't...So, she was trying to convince him that just because the did that in Waiting, we don't do it here. Even after she took a bite of his steak he still wrapped it up and probably fed it to his dog. Normally, if someone tried to tell me or anyone else to try their food first, I would agree with you, but in this case, it all happened in a funny, lighthearted way.

Gold Member

i'm a very picky eater, i would just take it to go and maybe not have it later, and then remember not to order it again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information