Login to remove the ads!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Yet another reason to NOT eat McDonald's

mmmmmmmmmm, fries in lard. We had a neighbor who would cook her fries in it. Sooo good...

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    mmmmmmmmmm, fries in lard. We had a neighbor who would cook her fries in it. Sooo good...
    One of my favorite things is to find the fries that have been sitting in the deep fryer so long that they are translucent. Then, I let them slowly melt on my tongue.....

In the book Fast Food Nation, the author described how he went to a McDonald's fry manufacturer. The potatoes themselves have very little flavor, so they add a chemical flavoring best described as "fry taste." When you taste a fry, you're not tasting the potato, you're tasting "fry taste." The potato is merely the vehicle of delivery. I read the book long ago, so I suppose they might have updated their practices in the meantime.

Not to say that it isn't tasty. They spend tons of money, time, and effort perfecting the flavorings to ensure that "authentic" McDonald's experience.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    In the book Fast Food Nation, the author described how he went to a McDonald's fry manufacturer. The potatoes themselves have very little flavor, so they add a chemical flavoring best described as "fry taste." When you taste a fry, you're not tasting the potato, you're tasting "fry taste." The potato is merely the vehicle of delivery. I read the book long ago, so I suppose they might have updated their practices in the meantime.

Not to say that it isn't tasty. They spend tons of money, time, and effort perfecting the flavorings to ensure that "authentic" McDonald's experience.
    I would love to have a little bottle of "fry taste" by my stove...

That being said, McDonald's fries usually lose all of their appeal to me once they have hit room temperature. I wonder if fry taste only works at about 100 degrees F or something.....

^ The only yummy room-temperature fries I've ever had were at my university cafeteria. Otherwise, I think it's pretty much a universal truth that cold fries suck balls.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    ^ The only yummy room-temperature fries I've ever had were at my university cafeteria. Otherwise, I think it's pretty much a universal truth that cold fries suck balls.
    Have you had authentic fish'n'chip shop chips? They are awesome eaten cold, or between 2 slices of bread or a bread roll as a chip butty. But they have to be the thick cut ones, not the little stringy fries.
    South Sydney Rabbitohs, 2014 Premiers! Glory Glory #21

#
    408 #Forever63NotOut

LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS... NUFF SAID!

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Have you had authentic fish'n'chip shop chips? ...
    Yes, but not cold - I get that shizz, I gobble that shizz!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Yes, but not cold - I get that shizz, I gobble that shizz!
    That's why we make sure we order the large size with a couple of potato scallops (pronounced SCOLL-ops) so we'll be too full to eat them all, leaving some for leftover heaven (ie chip butties the next day).
    South Sydney Rabbitohs, 2014 Premiers! Glory Glory #21

#
    408 #Forever63NotOut

LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS... NUFF SAID!

Oh! I have a bit of a tip for you then. My home-made chips (chipped potatos, par-boiled, oven baked til brown) are AWESOME cold. With any kind of dip.... I use 0% fat set greek yogurt with ranch dressing seasoning. But I'm sick like that.

i love subway, especially meatball one, good stuff. and potato fritters are awesome, very rarely i go to mc donalds, sometimes i get the itch to go but its always disappointing, i like a good meaty burger in a pub way more.

i dont like burger king, never got the appeal, its weird stuff, the meat tastes weird to me.

i went to kfc couple of days ago, my first time, the chicken was ok, but i had stomach pain after, i guess its not healthy.

all and all, im a pizza girl, love cheesy nice pizza with garlic and herb dip. i have a veggie pizza almost every time though, the meat ones are too filling. although i like ham and pineapple and tuna on pizza.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

...McDonald's senior director of quality systems Todd Bacon
    Bacon? Seriously?

I am so happy of being a vegetarian after reading this thread. Unealthy vegetarian foods do exist (fries are a perfectly vegan kind of food for example), but I find them to be less gross for some reason, and I always had, even before being a vegetarian.
    In fact, while I've been to McDonalds before, I never tried any of their burgers. I only went when my friends insisted and I ate fries and nuggets. Then I realised that those nuggets were really awful - tasted more like cardboard than meat - and started to eat just fries or shrimps. Shrimps are usually so deep fried that the actual shrimp is smaller thant the fried crust around it. Ugh.
    Burger King alway seemed a little better to me, but I never really liked fast food much.
    Home cooked steak and fries coming from actual potatoes were way better.

^we never had shrimp in the mcd's where i'm from.*shudders at the thought*
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

Ok, I broke down and got a McAngus for dinner on Tuesday night. Loved it. But it was the first time in ages...

But I think I'm gonna give McNuggets a wide berth, especially now that I know what are in the ingredients - including parts from chicken feet!

I never understood why my homemade nuggets never tasted like McDs; too late! I realized that mine taste like NORMAL food...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information