Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Yet another reason to NOT eat McDonald's

It's probably MRM which is cheap, but if they say 80% beef that 80% of MRM has to be bovine... Dasterdly EU laws, keeping meat in burgers! Lol!

I heard a rumour that the "fries" (used to be called "potato fries") were actually sone other root vegetable like turnip (I cant remember exactly what).
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Quiznos >> Subway ANY day. I just hate that they drench their sandwiches in dressing.
    There's no happy medium, Subway uses too little meat and I find that Quizno's uses way too much. Most times I can barely take a bite into it.

I also love Sheetz MTO (Made-to-Order) sandwiches. They have little computer screens where you can custom make your sandwich. I especially love their pretzel roll! Best part is most of them were open 24 hours, so back in my college days we'd stumble in there around 3am and munch out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

There is an Asian market that I shop at. Their meats are way cheaper than in "normal" markets, and usually fresher. Their fish is great, but pricier than their poultry, beef and pork, so I got some of their frozen fillets once, a bag of whiting. They were godawful - with the bitter taste of ammonia in them. Either they added it to the fish or the fish in question were not fresh when they froze them.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

^ That reminds me of when I went to an authentic ramen restaurant years ago. I was so happy to actually be able to try the real thing and ordered chicken flavor. Well, the broth was delicious. The noodles were okay, rather thin and almost transparent. I assumed thats what fresh noodles looked like. On the bottom of the bowl was a cooked chicken breast. I assume they dropped the breast in and just poured the broth and noodles over top of it. I took a bite of the breast and it was disgusting. The only thing I tasted was bleach. I ate the rest of the broth and noodles but that piece of chicken stayed there and I never went there again.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    ^ That reminds me of when I went to an authentic ramen restaurant years ago. I was so happy to actually be able to try the real thing and ordered chicken flavor. Well, the broth was delicious. The noodles were okay, rather thin and almost transparent. I assumed thats what fresh noodles looked like. On the bottom of the bowl was a cooked chicken breast. I assume they dropped the breast in and just poured the broth and noodles over top of it. I took a bite of the breast and it was disgusting. The only thing I tasted was bleach. I ate the rest of the broth and noodles but that piece of chicken stayed there and I never went there again.
    Ewwww. NVash, sounds so gross.
    I wonder what some of these Asian food companies use as preservatives. I'll check the bag next time.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    Agreed. I think our McDonald's actually uses real meat. With loads of filler, but still. It has the taste and texture of actual meat anyway.
    Same here (Switzerland). Plus it's not that cheap here anyway. A MC Donalds meal, medium, costs about 13 - 15 dollars (converted) so it's about the same price you pay for a lunch menue in every other restaurant.
    -

I just have to say that I used to be a Mcdonalds addict. I would eat that shit at a minimum of 2 times a week for lunch. Well, since this thread I have not eaten one bite of it and just the thought of going there makes me sick. So thanks guys!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I haven't touched McD's in months.
    Monday I treated myself to a very expensive Kobe burger; the difference compared to a Quarter Pounder was amazing.

I haven't eaten McDonald's in a very long time either. I did go to Smashburger the other day and the burger was decent, not great. I personally prefer Five Guys for my burgers.

I had three of my son's McD's fries this Sunday. I savored every bit of those crunchy, greasy fried treats.....

Mo, you're old enough to remember the old McD fries fried in lard......from when we were kids. Yummy. I miss those.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Mo, you're old enough to remember the old McD fries fried in lard......from when we were kids. Yummy. I miss those.
    Yup!

When did they switch over from lard to veggie oil?

I think in the late 80s/early 90s. (so you're old enough to remember the old fries too, you old bastard!)
    BITTER likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I think in the late 80s/early 90s. (so you're old enough to remember the old fries too, you old bastard!)
    I'm so old I can remember when the Hamburglar was just a wayward youth. And Mayor McCheese was an up-and-coming alderman.
    angelais likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information