Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Yet another reason to NOT eat McDonald's

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Videos at the link.

So now we dont have to worry about that pink mess. But thing is, I thought that was the nuggets and the burgers were safe. You mean to tell me it was all of the meat?
    The ammonia is (was) used in the production of ground beef (and probably other stuff too). The video you just linked to shows how.

Even though the mechanically separated chicken sludge looks like pink slime, when they talk about "pink slime" they're actually referring to the ammonia-treated beef bits.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I rarely eat fast food and if I do it's subway.

I wouldn't eat a subway sandwich even if I were being held at gunpoint.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quiznos >> Subway ANY day. I just hate that they drench their sandwiches in dressing.

Publix [grocery chain in the Southeast US] makes good sandwiches too.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Quiznos >> Subway ANY day. I just hate that they drench their sandwiches in dressing.

Publix [grocery chain in the Southeast US] makes good sandwiches too.
    Yes, publix uses boars head and they make great subs.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I wouldn't eat a subway sandwich even if I were being held at gunpoint.
    I would willingly step in and save Witchcurlgirl's life by eating that sandwich, even if it meant having a side of baked Doritos, and a diet Coke. And one of those fruit parfaits.

I appreciate your sacrifice, as you fall on the Subway grenade. Thanks bro.

Since I'm feeling confessional- I've never had a Blimpie sub either.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I haven't had blimpie in years. They're much better than subway imo.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

A good question is how did Subway wind up being more successful than Blimpie? Did they have a more aggressive franchising strategy?

I once heard that Subway wanted to add red bell peppers to their sandwiches, but there weren't enough farms in the US that could grow them to accommodate the amount of red peppers that Subway would need.

Jersey Mike's is the bomb. Their sandwiches are awesome. Togo's is pretty good too. Subway I can take or leave, depends on how hungry I am and what other options for food are close by.
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    A good question is how did Subway wind up being more successful than Blimpie? Did they have a more aggressive franchising strategy?

I once heard that Subway wanted to add red bell peppers to their sandwiches, but there weren't enough farms in the US that could grow them to accommodate the amount of red peppers that Subway would need.
    For one thing, I rememer Subway (at least when it started) as only serving cold subs - nothing that would need cooking or keeping warm. I would think that would allow them to keep a very low bottom line compared to a place that has to cook and serve meatball subs, Philly cheese steaks, etc. The food would be ready faster, allowing you to cycle through customers faster, and you would have less spoilage, space needed, and energy consumption.

Then, with that Jared guy, Subway managed to cut a niche as a place where conceivably you could eat "fast food" and manage your weight. I think that allowed them to pick up a class of customers that probably previously didn't go into a Subway, or any other sub shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Alexander View Post
    Jersey Mike's is the bomb.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    For one thing, I rememer Subway (at least when it started) as only serving cold subs - nothing that would need cooking or keeping warm. I would think that would allow them to keep a very low bottom line compared to a place that has to cook and serve meatball subs, Philly cheese steaks, etc. The food would be ready faster, allowing you to cycle through customers faster, and you would have less spoilage, space needed, and energy consumption.

Then, with that Jared guy, Subway managed to cut a niche as a place where conceivably you could eat "fast food" and manage your weight. I think that allowed them to pick up a class of customers that probably previously didn't go into a Subway, or any other sub shop.

Makes sense to me

McD's probably found a chemical that is cheaper and as of yet unregulated to replace the ammonium hydroxide.

Fast food is not food at all but a factory product of chemicals, texturizers, and byproducts. The people who make fast food are simply industrial slum lords. No matter what McDonald's says, there is no way they would make any decision based on the potential health of their customers instead of their profits.

Ick.

Makes me miss my grandma's country cooking where if it didn't come from her garden, it came from a neighbor's.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which allows McDonald's to use otherwise "inedible meat."
    On his show, Oliver said of the meat treatment: "Basically we're taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest form for dogs and making it 'fit' for humans."
    And that's why mcd's burgers are advertised in the UK as using britsh beef. You cannot import not export foodstuffs that are not fit for human consumption (cat 4 I believe) that is then to be used in food. I believe that this is the same for EU too since I know that you cannot export cat 4 to be consumed overseas.

I also find it very amusing that the US has very high import criteria but will allow all kinds of stuff that we don't done once it's in there.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And that's why mcd's burgers are advertised in the UK as using britsh beef. You cannot import not export foodstuffs that are not fit for human consumption (cat 4 I believe) that is then to be used in food. I believe that this is the same for EU too since I know that you cannot export cat 4 to be consumed overseas.

I also find it very amusing that the US has very high import criteria but will allow all kinds of stuff that we don't done once it's in there.

Agreed. I think our McDonald's actually uses real meat. With loads of filler, but still. It has the taste and texture of actual meat anyway.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information