Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Yet another reason to NOT eat McDonald's

The McDonalds coffee? The same tar that doesnt taste good no matter how much sugar you put into it? Id much rather go to Wawa and pay an extra .50. More coffee, more variety, everyones happy.

That Super Size Me movie was a real eye opener for me. I always knew fast food in general wasn't good for you, but that cinched it. I can probably count on one hand the times I've been to Mickey D's since I saw that movie.

We try to avoid fast food places in general unless absolutely neccessary.
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

I got some chicken nuggets and meatballs from the dollar store once. Both were made by the same no-name manufacturer, and both had on their list of ingredients:

macerated chicken skin and/or feet.

I so stopped buying them.

But during my drunken party days, I'd stop at McDs and get some double cheeseburgers. I could eat one, leave the other one in the bag and eat it the next day. But hey, I was drunk.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

All these years I thought that the mr was making this up. He told me that he bought an egg mcmuffin on a Friday and left it at the construction job he was working on, came back on Monday and it was just like he bought it. Yes, the freak ate it. This had to be 16 or so years ago.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

How does McDonalds cook their eggs for the McMuffins anyway? Is that poached?

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    I think they're poached.

I will eat anything at McDonald's. I love Le Bic Mac. The royale with cheese is okay. Love the fries when they are right out of the deep fryer. I could eat 10 chicken fajitas in one sitting. The McNuggets, when they are still hot, are basically little crispy, oleaginous medallions of joy. The McRib - love it.

^^psst, I like McD's too, glad to know I'm not the only one...

The McDonalds coffee? The same tar that doesnt taste good no matter how much sugar you put into it? Id much rather go to Wawa and pay an extra .50. More coffee, more variety, everyones happy.
    Where do you live? Wawa is in my area too. I'm in Philly.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

dafuck is wawa?

Oh man, Wawa breakfast sandwiches & coffee are the BEST

They're fried. The egg is cracked into a circular ... thingy (the word escapes me right now!) on the grill.

I don't eat at McDonalds anymore except about maybe twice or three times a year. I'd like to say it's for health, but it's mostly vanity. If I could hold my weight down and eat it, I probably would. A lot more than I do, anyway.

Wawa and Royal Farms seem like knockoffs of each other. Both have a pretty large selection of color-coded coffees, sitting for God knows how long on burners. French roast, Columbia, de caf, and Blue Mountain blend (or something like that). It all tastes the same. When I drive back from my SIL's, I buy the biggest cup you can get so that I can stay awake. It's definitely better than McDonald's because you are mixing the coffee, creamers, and sweeteners yourself.

Not sure about the sandwiches - they don't look that impressive. They also have some kind of innovative modular do-it-yourself milkshake-making area.

Definitely not an improvement on McDonald's in terms of health or nutrition.

RaceTrac > QuikTrip > Wawa > 7-Eleven

I thought Wawa was just a Philadelphia/Delaware thing, but I've seen them all over Maryland and Northern Virginia whenever I'm up that way. I thought Wawa was a goofy name until I heard about Kum N' Go up in the Midwest.

McDonald's cooks use a funnel type tool to prepare the eggs in water. Not quite poaching, but the effect is similar.

Chicken nuggets are formed these days from a paste, which is manufactured on an automated assembly line. Bones are stripped of all tissue material, which is then processed with ammonia, colored and flavored before being re-shaped into "nuggets."

Here is what processed chicken nugget material looks like before it is shaped. I cringe when I see parents feeding their kids chicken nuggets...this is what they are getting:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information