Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Wines you like?

I actually have a hell of a time remembering which wines I like and which I don't care for. You'd think it would stick in my head, but no. So I finally started a wine journal. It's just a simple phone app so I don't look like a completely pretentious ass with a leather-bound wine journal or something. I only got the app a few days ago, but my birthday is coming up, so I'll be sure to try out a few!
    Waterslide and Brookie like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I'm a big fan of Burgundys, either white or red. I find them to be good at lower prices, and of course, top notch if you want to spend- Montrachets, Mersaults, Chambertin Pinot Noirs.
    sputnik likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

My favorite inexpensive go-to wine is the Ménage à Trois red blend. I also enjoy Cameron Hughes pinot noirs

Thanks, guys. Some good stuff here for me to try. We recently found a table wine we like okay. Its a red blend, which is always kind of suspicious, but it was recommended by a friend and its actually very reminesent of a Red Zin by JC Cellars that we like

Apothic - The Wine
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I've had Apothic white and I loved it. I have a bottle in the kitchen now.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

For those of you with HEB and/or HEB Central Market nearby do take advantage as they have awesome wine selections. The staff is also always super nice, but if you don't want to ask they have featured wines that they write up nifty information on.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I actually have a hell of a time remembering which wines I like and which I don't care for. You'd think it would stick in my head, but no. So I finally started a wine journal. It's just a simple phone app so I don't look like a completely pretentious ass with a leather-bound wine journal or something. I only got the app a few days ago, but my birthday is coming up, so I'll be sure to try out a few!

OMG, this is so me! I can never remember the names of wines I like or don't like. Just the ones hubby buys all the time. I should probably find an app like that myself, but I'd probably forget to use it anyway.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I really like Barefoot Moscato and Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Pavillion makes a great chardonnay, and I just found a Rose by Domaine Felines Jourdan for $10, quite tasty.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I love J Lohr, particularly the cab sauv (its like 23.00CDN so probably like 15 in the states). In university I had only drank those 10-11 dollar wines like naked grape, but actually tasting good wines opened a whole new world for me!

I like lots of different wines but recently my favorite is Kitchen Sink red. It's about $10

About This Wine

Imagine having the world’s most complete spice rack in your kitchen.

Everything from anise to wild thyme, and from coriander seed to summer (and winter!) savory. With all of those flavors at your disposal, imagine the dishes you could create... and how many boxes of Hamburger Helper you could throw away.

The cellar at Adler Fels Winery is much like a well-stocked kitchen, packed with barrels of wine from all over California, representing numerous varieties. It uses many of those varieties in crafting its Kitchen Sink wines, but it goes a step further with its Reserve Kitchen Sink bottlings.

The varietal makeup of the Reserve wines is not revealed (although we do know there is Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot included), but what really sets the Reserve apart from the “regular” wine is the additional time the cuvee spends in oak barrels. This lends another layer of aromas and flavors — sort of like a smorgasbord in a bottle.

I hate Donald Trump but his winery in Charlottesville, Va has an amazing white wine called Cru. It's hard to find so I stock up when I am down there. It's $27 per bottle but worth it. The slight burbon taste is amazing.

Winemaking Notes

Unique to Trump Winery, Cru is created by blending Chardonnay juice with Chardonnay brandy in lieu of a traditional fermentation. This fortified wine is then aged for over a year in American bourbon barrels. The result is an aperitif wine with 14% residual sugar that is truly all-American.

Deep, fresh aromas and flavors of pear, citrus, bourbon and toasted almonds. This fortified wine is 18% alcohol, so it works equally well neat or as a mixer.

I have some some really good, inexpensive wines at Total Wine. If you have one of these stores near you I would suggest a visit for their tasting events.

Has anyone tried 2 Buck Chuck at Trader Joes?
    Brookie likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information