Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Wine Snob Thread

I don't care how much wine costs, whether its $10 or $100. I start to cringe when its gets over $100 though. I've had some drinkable cheapies and I've had some pretty damn good ones. I think most of the wines I like best are in the $25 range, and Barefoot has a no frills merlot that is really good and I think that's only about $12-15 per bottle.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ Yeah, Barefoot Merlot is good as is that Australian one with the kangaroo on the front of the bottle. ...Yellowtail.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

A*O

Yellowtail?!?!? You can get that nasty shit? I've got pretty tough cast iron guts but Yellowtail turns them to water.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^ Yeah, it's sold here in the U.S.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I like Yellowtail. And Lindemann's.

But Rosemount Estates is better.

I think Opal and Little Penguin are also low-end Australian wines. Not sure, though.

Elite Member

A nice dark red is Armida Zinfandel Poizon, its a little intense but has a great taste.
    And Two buck chuck... memories.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

A*O

Having said I hate Chardonnay I do like a good French Chablis. They don't have that nasty oaky, oily aftertaste that the New World chardys suffer from. I also like Sancerre and pouilly fuisse/fumee but they are very expensive here and there are equally good local alternatives.

Nothing wrong with cheap wine, I have a wine ponce friend who likes to test us with blind tastings between a $15 and $30 bottle and how "obvious" the difference is. Well it isn't to me mate.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Nothing wrong with cheap wine, I have a wine ponce friend who likes to test us with blind tastings between a $15 and $30 bottle and how "obvious" the difference is. Well it isn't to me mate.
    I think the last time I paid more than $30 for a bottle of wine it was because we literally thought the world might end the next day (1999 and the Y2K bug).
    Bluebonnet and Clubber Lang like this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Yellowtail?!?!? You can get that nasty shit? I've got pretty tough cast iron guts but Yellowtail turns them to water.
    OMG, yellowtail does that to me, too, will not touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Having said I hate Chardonnay I do like a good French Chablis. They don't have that nasty oaky, oily aftertaste that the New World chardys suffer from. I also like Sancerre and pouilly fuisse but they are very expensive here and there are equally good local alternatives.
    I knew there were Chards you would like, the french versions really are top notch. I didn't realize they were so expensive in Australia. Pouilly Fuisse is a fave of mine as well, delicious. (and it's all chard grapes). Those are the chards I like, the ameican ones are really hit or miss.....And since you like Sauv Blanc try an Argentinian Torrontes, it's similar, very good.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I like Yellowtail. And Lindemann's.

But Rosemount Estates is better.
    Lindeman's is what winos drink. Rosemount Estate is for a higher class of wino.
    A*O and Bluebonnet like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Lindeman's is what winos drink. Rosemount Estate is for a higher class of wino.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Super proud wino.

There's a great Belgian lambic beer from a brewery called Lindeman ( no connection, but the name reminded me). Fruit flavored, different flavors. I know this thread is about wine, but this stuff is worth seeking out. They also make a Geuze beer called Cuvee Rene, it's a unique style of beer and excellent. Quite different.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bad wine can cause thread drift!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think the last time I paid more than $30 for a bottle of wine it was because we literally thought the world might end the next day (1999 and the Y2K bug).
    Awesome.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information