Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 139
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why You Want to Avoid Foie Gras

  1. #91
    Elite Member Penny Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    21,646

    Default

    I've had foie gras before... it is yummy. Then I became one of those rascally vegetarians. I could really give less of a shit what other people eat... as long as they can eat the food and appreciate it (I know gastronomy is really like an art) then that's fine with me. Do the same with my eating habits and we won't have a problem.

    I'll withhold my personal opinions on this matter... I guess they don't really need to be stated. I just hate it when it becomes preachy on both sides... people will eat what they want anyways.

  2. #92
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Uh huh, I'm from farm country. My 3rd grade field trip was to the slaughterhouse. I am under no delusions on how meat is produced, and it hasn't stopped me from eating a damn thing.
    I really only see livestock at the fair, but I can say, they do not have the same emotions. TV and literature humanizes them, and would have us think that farm animals are Charlotte's Web. Not the case. there is not much thought process between, run, sit, eat, sleep, shit. They aren't doing trigonometry.

    Life, by design, is about eating those below you on the food chain. Check any zoology class.

    You can't convince me that free range chicken are any happier than chickens in a cage. Because chickens don't get happy.

  3. #93
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I've had foie gras before... it is yummy. Then I became one of those rascally vegetarians. I could really give less of a shit what other people eat... as long as they can eat the food and appreciate it (I know gastronomy is really like an art) then that's fine with me. Do the same with my eating habits and we won't have a problem.

    I'll withhold my personal opinions on this matter... I guess they don't really need to be stated. I just hate it when it becomes preachy on both sides... people will eat what they want anyways.
    Now, shouldn't this be "couldn't give less of a shit" much like "couldn't care less"?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  4. #94
    Elite Member Penny Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    21,646

    Default

    Very similar but much more apathetic. Didn't they teach you this in bitch school?
    greysfang likes this.

  5. #95
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,860

    Default

    Shit I think I let my bitch accreditation lapse, where can I get some continuing education bitch classes? Mel, you should open up a school. Like charm school, but for bitches!

    *edit my hubby forgot his camera and I found some great pics on yelp:

    The decadent bacon chocolate crunch


    Pork belly sliders


    Foie gras with biscuit & maple sausage gravy


    Now this is something I'd love: Halibut with king crab
    Last edited by Beeyotch; May 11th, 2010 at 12:35 AM.

  6. #96
    Elite Member Penny Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    21,646

    Default

    Yeah.. I can teach "Passive Aggressiveness 101" and Beeyotch can teach "The Art of the Bitch Face". It would be very educational.

  7. #97
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,860

    Default

    I really could, I'm so good at it that I do it without knowing. It's like bitchface is my default expression!

  8. #98
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

    The decadent bacon chocolate crunch


    Pork belly sliders


    Foie gras with biscuit & maple sausage gravy


    Now this is something I'd love: Halibut with king crab
    *drools*
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  9. #99
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,860

    Default

    Is our work in this thread done?

  10. #100
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,155

    Default

    given that we've convinced more people to try foie gras than to renounce its deliciousness, i think so.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  11. #101
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,139

    Default

    ^^ So who is trying to dictate what people eat?

    I have never judged anyone for what they eat. I couldn't care less. But I have been harrassed due to my personal choices thousands of times. Pretty much every single time I eat with colleagues, friends, family. As soon as people realize I'm a vegetarian, they get defensive and aggressive. I refuse to talk about it altogether.

    You people keep complaining about preachy vegetarians while all you do is preach, preach, preach.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-



  12. #102
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    21,101

    Default

    When Bourdain did his Quebec show, he went to some restaurant in Montreal where he ate a meal where foie gras was served with every course, even in the soup. He said his belly was bursting, but it was worth it.

  13. #103
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    49,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    ^^ So who is trying to dictate what people eat?

    I have never judged anyone for what they eat. I couldn't care less. But I have been harrassed due to my personal choices thousands of times. Pretty much every single time I eat with colleagues, friends, family. As soon as people realize I'm a vegetarian, they get defensive and aggressive. I refuse to talk about it altogether.

    You people keep complaining about preachy vegetarians while all you do is preach, preach, preach.

    Whay?! Maybe its where you live, I've never heard anyone bitching about a vegetarian unless they were on their ass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  14. #104
    Elite Member Witchywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    vat of chocolate
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Whay?! Maybe its where you live, I've never heard anyone bitching about a vegetarian unless they were on their ass.
    hmmmmm... so you must live under a rock somewhere?

  15. #105
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    49,398

    Default

    Really? And how do you figure that?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is Foie Gras torture?
    By celeb_2006 in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM
  2. Chicago overturns foie gras ban
    By sputnik in forum News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 27th, 2006, 10:10 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: June 16th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •