Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why You Want to Avoid Foie Gras

^^^
    i say we have fun with it first.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    She defended herself when being ridiculed by others. Until then, she only posted an article written by someone else. The article was obviously intended for those who don't know how foie gras is produced. If you already know and don't care, that's your business. Like I wrote above, I wouldn't give up chocolate or some other things even though they might be ethically questionable.
    Sorry, I don't agree that she was being ridiculed at all at the time she made her preachy post. A poster saying they think something is delicious isn't an attack on someone who thinks it's wrong. Sure, the OP was clearly anti-foie gras, but that doesn't mean anyone who is pro-foie gras joining the discussion is automatically ridiculing the OP. It's a valid part of the discussion.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

^^^
    damn it, does that mean i'm not getting an infraction?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I refuse to eat any kind of potatoes because they often have their eyes gouged out, and are skinned alive before they are prepared as meals...

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I refuse to eat any kind of potatoes because they often have their eyes gouged out, and are skinned alive before they are prepared as meals...
    Free the potatoes! Free Spud Willie!

anti-foie gras peepul can live in these states:
    NO Foie Gras - A Farm Sanctuary Campaign

Don't ban it 'til I've tasted it...what's it taste like?

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Sorry, I don't agree that she was being ridiculed at all at the time she made her preachy post. A poster saying they think something is delicious isn't an attack on someone who thinks it's wrong. Sure, the OP was clearly anti-foie gras, but that doesn't mean anyone who is pro-foie gras joining the discussion is automatically ridiculing the OP. It's a valid part of the discussion.
    I totally disagree. It's fine to state an opposing opinion, but it's not nice to bait someone and try to ridicule their opinion, which I feel happened here.

Oh, but its okay to say you hope someone dies because of their opinion? Really?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Oh, but its okay to say you hope someone dies because of their opinion? Really?
    Where did I write THAT?? I was addressing the remarks which set Witchy off and my opinion is, and will remain, it's not nice to bait someone by writing about how delicious something is when they posted an article about the cruel way it is produced. That was my point, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post

Don't ban it 'til I've tasted it...what's it taste like?
    oh man, where to begin. first, it depends on how it is prepared - if it's pâté or seared whole foie. but in general, good foie gras is soft, buttery, unctuous, melts on the tongue and tastes like... ok, i imagine you've had regular pâté before? i enjoy pâté as much as the next person but compared to foie gras, it's dog food. foie gras is the silky, divine pâté you would be served in heaven. it tastes meaty but has none of the strong, iron taste of regular liver - which i like but it is a very strong flavour. with foie gras, the liver taste that so many find unpleasant is sublimated.
    i can't remember where i read this but they described foie gras as meat that wants to be butter and i thought that was an excellent way of putting it.
    i love both goose and duck foie gras. i'd say goose has a subtler, more delicate flavour and duck is more rustic so you might want to start with goose.
    you can have regular duck and goose liver but it doesn't compare to actual foie gras, no matter what the anti-foie gras people tell you.

No one was 'baiting' anyone. And the person who said they hoped we died is the person you are defending.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    No one was 'baiting' anyone. And the person who said they hoped we died is the person you are defending.
    I disagree. Considering the original post, I see it as baiting to write about how delicious foie gras is.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    oh man, where to begin. good foie gras is soft, buttery, unctuous, melts on the tongue and tastes like... ok, i imagine you've had regular pâté before? i enjoy pâté as much as the next person but compared to foie gras, it's dog food. foie gras is the silky, divine pâté you would be served in heaven. it tastes meaty but has none of the strong, iron taste of regular liver - which i like but it is a very strong flavour. with foie gras, the liver taste that so many find unpleasant is sublimated.
    i can't remember where i read this but they described foie gras as meat that wants to be butter and i thought that was an excellent way of putting it.
    i love both goose and duck foie gras. i'd say goose has a subtler, more delicate flavour and duck is more rustic so you might want to start with goose.
    you can have regular duck and goose liver but it doesn't compare to actual foie gras, no matter what the anti-foie gras people tell you.
    Christ, I'm getting a food boner. Currently it's banned in Philly I think. But I will find out - it sounds so decadent.

Snarky old food buzzard Anthony Bourdain is pro-foie gras. He did a special on it a couple of years back: Anthony Bourdain Makes us Feel Even Better about Foie Gras - New York News - Eat for Victory

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I disagree. Considering the original post, I see it as baiting to write about how delicious foie gras is.

You must be new here.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Christ, I'm getting a food boner. Currently it's banned in Philly I think. But I will find out - it sounds so decadent.

Snarky old food buzzard Anthony Bourdain is pro-foie gras. He did a special on it a couple of years back: Anthony Bourdain Makes us Feel Even Better about Foie Gras - New York News - Eat for Victory
    just one more reason to love anthony bourdain. plus i think he's sexy as hell - he just looks like he'd be an amazing fuck.

well, next time you're out of town, look for the best french restaurant around with good reviews for their foie gras and indulge.

^ I totally get that vibe from him too.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information