Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why You Want to Avoid Foie Gras

I will never give up my Kentucky Fecal Chicken!!!

*and there is a difference between 'being rude'...and 'being rude directly to other board members' ...

Liver is ick in any form.

Worst kind..liver spots The bane of the old everywhere!

Do they still have that creme that used to be just for those..what was it called..

Porcelaina or something like that?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

rudeness towards whom? last time i checked, the only rudeness that matters on this board is that between posters.
    How do you know there aren't geese on this board?? Do you think they like hearing people talk about how yummy their fatty, force-fed livers are? Lots of assumptions around here...
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Ok...who are the geese on here? Fess up you foul fowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Ok...who are the geese on here? Fess up you foul fowl!

Personally, I suspect a poster called Goose.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    How do you know there aren't geese on this board?? Do you think they like hearing people talk about how yummy their fatty, force-fed livers are? Lots of assumptions around here...
    well if there are, they should be flattered.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Super.

So i guess you haven't heard that most of the topsoil in the US is basically barren of bacteria and useless thanks to a couple centuries of factory farming?

Nahhh.

I have an idea: Why don't the vegans, veg heads and whomever else take care of themselves and their brittle offspring, and everybody else can make their own choices. What a novel idea.
    I'll be sure to tell them to blow their second hand smoke from their hand rolled ciggies in your direction,too, unless your lungs are too 'brittle' to handle it.

Really, all veggies aren't preachy and finger pointing. Grimm, you are every much an anti-smoking zealot as these other extremists are about meat (and you go off about it even when no one is smoking around you). So what if people want to loudly advocate for the humane treatment of animals that cannot advocate for themselves? We all go on these other threads and talk about wanting to kill people who torture puppies and kittens and those are no less feeling animals than the species that are socially acceptable to eat. My main gripe is about the humane raising and killing of food animals, not about eating them in general.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize to any geese who might have inadvertently been horrified and/or traumatized by my speculating on the deliciousness of their innards. Its probably better that they never saw it coming.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Personally, I suspect a poster called Goose.
    *grabs feeding tube and cage and runs off to catch Goose*

Not all vegetarians/vegans are preachy extremists, no need to paint them all that way. Yes, all types of farming (and human activity for that matter) can cause damage to the land/environment, but not all types of farming require cruelty.

In my experience, vegan/vegetarian activists are trying to reduce cruelty, not create a dictatorship. I don't care what people eat specifically, but I would love, love, love if we could reduce pain and suffering.

Well it wasn't like we had to wait for the OP to reveal her point of view (protestations of not being judgy aside), the thread title tells you exactly what the agenda is.

Oh, and lest we forget this little gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know ppl that eat this will die a slow death of heart disease. Natures payback Yayayay!!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I'll be sure to tell them to blow their second hand smoke from their hand rolled ciggies in your direction,too, unless your lungs are too 'brittle' to handle it.

Really, all veggies aren't preachy and finger pointing.
    No, for the sake of brevity i shortened my accusation to one person in the thread who demonstrated such judgement

Grimm, you are every much an anti-smoking zealot as these other extremists are about meat (and you go off about it even when no one is smoking around you).
    My eating meat doesn't directly impact the health of anybody nearby. Me eating meat won't cause someone to curl up and choke in an asthmatic fit, or gurgle through their own phlegm thanks to allergies to aforementioned "personal habit". I keep my meat eating to myself. Smokers cannot keep their habit to themselves without the aid of fishbowl helmets, which I have repeatedly advocated for.

Apples, oranges.

So what if people want to loudly advocate for the humane treatment of animals that cannot advocate for themselves?
    Loudly advocating = being an ass to everybody else? How novel.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, for the sake of brevity i shortened my accusation to one person in the thread who demonstrated such judgement

My eating meat doesn't directly impact the health of anybody nearby. Me eating meat won't cause someone to curl up and choke in an asthmatic fit, or gurgle through their own phlegm thanks to allergies to aforementioned "personal habit"

Apples, organges.

Loudly advocating = being an ass to everybody else? How novel.
    I knew you would say that, but the reality is that these farms that exist because people buy their products actually do have an effect on everyone else because we all have to share the same environment which includes water supply.That shit also effects the economy that we all are impacted by. And you referred to vegans and their 'brittle' offspring but I see you don't consider asthmatics and people with allergies to be 'brittle'. Hell, me, I could probably get hit with a napalm bomb and not even sneeze.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

she wasn't educating, she was being a preachy asshole. we don't take kindly to her kind around here, whatever cause they're defending. this isn't the first time we've discussed foie gras and other politically incorrect meat. we are all aware of the issues. and lo and behold, it still hasn't led to all of us renouncing animal products.

i know exactly how foie gras is made. when i lived in switzerland, we'd drive into the french countryside around christmas time and visit a woman who sold geese and made her own foie gras to buy geese and livers. they were amazing.
    She defended herself when being ridiculed by others. Until then, she only posted an article written by someone else. The article was obviously intended for those who don't know how foie gras is produced. If you already know and don't care, that's your business. Like I wrote above, I wouldn't give up chocolate or some other things even though they might be ethically questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I knew you would say that, but the reality is that these farms that exist because people buy their products actually do have an effect on everyone else because we all have to share the same environment which includes water supply.That shit also effects the economy that we all are impacted by. And you referred to vegans and their 'brittle' offspring but I see you don't consider asthmatics and people with allergies to be 'brittle'. Hell, me, I could probably get hit with a napalm bomb and not even sneeze.
    I repeat for the hard of seeing: my eating meat DOES NOT DIRECTLY IMPACT THE HEALTH OF ANYBODY NEARBY, as in: in the same dining establishment, in the same room, in the vicinity of my ingestion.

By brittle, I was referring to the somewhat sickly, pallid and low on various proteins/nutrients state the "loudly advocating" vegetarians find themselves and their offspring in from time to time, ie: A JOKE.

I find it amusing that vegetarians feel perfectly justified to hem and haw and bitch at people (unsolicited i might add) for their food choices, but tell them to shut up and mind their own damn business for a change and my god, it's like the end of the world for them. How dare anybody take umbrage with their badgering! Their targets are supposed to accept the unsolicited judgement with silent aplomb!

Amazingly, omnivores never feel quite the same busybody urge to do the same in return. Someone should do a fucking study.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

she wasn't educating, she was being a preachy asshole. we don't take kindly to her kind around here,
    I should "git a rope"?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information