Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why You Want to Avoid Foie Gras

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    I get that, but just feel like on a scale of rudeness, one doesn't equate to the other

Fundies, pro-lifers, and preachy vegetarians are all the same to me. Constantly proselytizing and if you don't agree with them you are wrong, bad, and going straight to hell.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Witchy is trying to educate people who might not know how the stuff is produced. Maybe some people will reconsider eating the stuff once they have the facts. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    ^^ Thank you.

Im not judging, but when one learns about certain things they tend to change their habits.

I thought this thread was for those who love animals I guess I was wrong. You all know how much love our pets have....all animals have the same emotions why kill them and eat them? In some coutries they're having your dog for dinner and your cat for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Uh sorry, but there is something wrong with posts like this. They're fucking rude:
    She posted that in response to

Mmmm, I had a wonderful foie gras terrine just a few weeks ago. yummy.
    and some other remarks which seemed designed to ridicule her original post. So I don't find her reply rude at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    ^^ Thank you.

Im not judging, but when one learns about certain things they tend to change their habits.

I thought this thread was for those who love animals I guess I was wrong. You all know how much love our pets have....all animals have the same emotions why kill them and eat them? In some coutries they're having your dog for dinner and your cat for lunch.

Oh good lord. ><
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ Thank you.

I can only answer for me... because they are delicious.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I can only answer for me... because they are delicious.

With mashed potatos and gravy...

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I don't think it's rude to point out how food animals are treated.

I think it's rude to tell another poster- who you don't know, and who's actual diet you'd have no idea about that they eat shit.

I know what ur diet is...you eat Foie Gras, can't get worse than that.

Please, we're on a gossip forum, the rudest place on earth.

I know what ur diet is...you eat Foie Gras, can't get worse than that.

Please, we're on a gossip forum, the rudest place on earth.

Yeah, I eat foie gras on a daily basis - breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All foie gras, all the time. Except when I'm snacking on endangered species, but that's only on special occasions.

You have no idea what my diet is.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

When vegans eat nothing but wild legumes picked and collected with their own hands in some field in the middle of nowhere, instead of relying on destructive large-scale farm produce, then they can open their hypocritical mouths.

Till then, they can fully suck it because they ain't saving any universe.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    When vegans eat nothing but wild legumes picked and collected with their own hands in some field in the middle of nowhere, instead of relying on destructive large-scale farm produce, then they can open their hypocritical mouths.

Till then, they can fully suck it because they ain't saving any universe.
    yeah, 'cause farming vegetables and fruits has the same impact as factory farming of cows, pigs, and other animals.
    Environmental effects of meat production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to a 2006 report by the Livestock, Environment And Development Initiative, the livestock industry is one of the largest contributors to environmental degradation worldwide, and modern practices of raising animals for food contributes on a "massive scale" to air and water pollution, land degradation, climate change, and loss of biodiversity. The initiative concluded that "the livestock sector emerges as one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global."[1] In 2006 FAO estimated that meat industry contributes 18% of all emissions of greenhouse gasses. This figure was revised in 2009 by two World Bank scientists and estimated at 51% minimum. [2]
    Animals fed on grain need more water than grain crops.[3]. In tracking food animal production from the feed through to the dinner table, the inefficiencies of meat, milk and egg production range from a 4:1 energy input to protein output ratio up to 54:1. [3] The result is that producing animal-based food is typically much less efficient than the harvesting of grains, vegetables, legumes, seeds and fruits for direct human consumption. [3]
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Witchy is trying to educate people who might not know how the stuff is produced. Maybe some people will reconsider eating the stuff once they have the facts. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Exactly. I'll admit that it bothers me that some people don't care that an animal had to endure unnecessary suffering to create the food they want to eat. The key being unnecessary since it is totally possible to raise animals for food yet treat them humanely while they are living and kill them humanely when it is time. Besides, I think it is just spiritually unhealthy to ingest something that was full of suffering and fear.

That said, I'm vegetarian but am not morally opposed to others eating meat. Some animals eat us and we eat some of them. But most animals in the wild kill their prey quickly. They don't raise them and forcefeed them hormones to make them so unnaturally fat that they can't stand up and their legs break under the stress of their bodies. They also don't keep their prey caged up for long periods in such tight quarters that they chew off each other's ears and tails and they don't stand them up on an assembly line while they watch the animals in front of them get gutted or have their throats slashed. That's the reality of the corporate farm and I really don't care if it makes someone grossed out because it should. Not to mention how much fecal matter gets spilled onto the meat sold for consumption. Besides, that factory meat is bad for you and it's bad for our land and rivers and all around environment. There are humane and healthy meat sources and you don't need to go broke buying from them either since it's not like your balanced diet requires a shitload of meat anyway.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, Witchy is being a condescending ass.
    greysfang likes this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Uh huh, I'm from farm country. My 3rd grade field trip was to the slaughterhouse. I am under no delusions on how meat is produced, and it hasn't stopped me from eating a damn thing.

yeah, 'cause farming vegetables and fruits has the same impact as factory farming of cows, pigs, and other animals.
    Environmental effects of meat production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to a 2006 report by the Livestock, Environment And Development Initiative, the livestock industry is one of the largest contributors to environmental degradation worldwide, and modern practices of raising animals for food contributes on a "massive scale" to air and water pollution, land degradation, climate change, and loss of biodiversity. The initiative concluded that "the livestock sector emerges as one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global."[1] In 2006 FAO estimated that meat industry contributes 18% of all emissions of greenhouse gasses. This figure was revised in 2009 by two World Bank scientists and estimated at 51% minimum. [2]
    Animals fed on grain need more water than grain crops.[3]. In tracking food animal production from the feed through to the dinner table, the inefficiencies of meat, milk and egg production range from a 4:1 energy input to protein output ratio up to 54:1. [3] The result is that producing animal-based food is typically much less efficient than the harvesting of grains, vegetables, legumes, seeds and fruits for direct human consumption. [3]
    Super.

So i guess you haven't heard that most of the topsoil in the US is basically barren of bacteria and useless thanks to a couple centuries of factory farming?

Nahhh.

I have an idea: Why don't the vegans, veg heads and whomever else take care of themselves and their brittle offspring, and everybody else can make their own choices. What a novel idea.

she wasn't educating, she was being a preachy asshole. we don't take kindly to her kind around here, whatever cause they're defending. this isn't the first time we've discussed foie gras and other politically incorrect meat. we are all aware of the issues. and lo and behold, it still hasn't led to all of us renouncing animal products.

i know exactly how foie gras is made. when i lived in switzerland, we'd drive into the french countryside around christmas time and visit a woman who sold geese and made her own foie gras to buy geese and livers. they were amazing.

I get that, but just feel like on a scale of rudeness, one doesn't equate to the other
    rudeness towards whom? last time i checked, the only rudeness that matters on this board is that between posters. so you're saying that if you don't like something another poster eats, board rules don't apply to you? that's ridiculous. (and yes, i'm aware i just broke a rule by calling another poster names but i'll take my infraction should i get one and not feel like the rules shouldn't apply to me because i don't like that person's diet).

Im not judging

yes, you are. at least have the balls to own it. i have no trouble admitting i judge everyone, all the time.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information