Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Whole Foods Yanks $6 'Asparagus Water' After Internet Freakout*

^^I've never been to a Whole Foods, I think there might be one about an hour and a half away from where I live. It kind of sounds to me like it's a place you go maybe for one or two specific items you like, but not for a cartful of groceries. I feel the same about Hispanic supermarkets; they're great to go to for items they have on sale, or specialty items, but all the other groceries are sometimes ridiculously expensive and not worth buying there.

I love their salad bar, but every time I get it, I end up at the register wondering how the hell I just spent 15 bucks on a grocery store salad.
    KrisNine and Beeyotch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^I've never been to a Whole Foods, I think there might be one about an hour and a half away from where I live. It kind of sounds to me like it's a place you go maybe for one or two specific items you like, but not for a cartful of groceries. I feel the same about Hispanic supermarkets; they're great to go to for items they have on sale, or specialty items, but all the other groceries are sometimes ridiculously expensive and not worth buying there.
    We have one about 5 minutes from here. Most of the stuff is ridiculously over priced, but there is a very wide selection of exotic goods. These knuckleheads will sell you a single cookie for $6.
    Brookie likes this.

Some (/a little) of their produce is reasonable, and I like their bulk section, and I especially love their selection of Larabars, but beyond that they're ridiculous. Their sushi is good but ridiculously expensive, too. I like them for all I can get that's vegan and gluten free (I'm one of Them), but I hate knowing it's all so marked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I've never been to one either. Speaking of hispanic supermarkets, we have a place called Sedanos which is cheap and has great sales. The only thing is, no one speaks English there.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Who is peeling the oranges though? Is there some secret orange-peeling sweatshop somewhere? Or do they send them to china to be peeled and encased in plastic?

panic likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Who is peeling the oranges though? Is there some secret orange-peeling sweatshop somewhere? Or do they send them to china to be peeled and encased in plastic?

That's a good question. I would be eyeing Whole Foods employees for people whose fingertips look like the top of Donald Trump's head.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Really, it's just as bad as the fruit that's all cut up and ready to go.
    that's true. there's a fruit bar in the produce section with people just cutting up fresh fruit all day. I never get it because I'd rather cut it myself and have it touched as little as possible. I buy whole uncut watermelons even though the ones cut in half or quarters wrapped in plastic look so much lighter. Watermelon is a bitch to haul.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information