Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who eats a healthy breakfast everyday?

Default Re: Who eats a healthy breakfast everyday?

ooh, you drink almond milk too, Barbara? I don't know anyone else that has ever tried it. I used to prefer it to soy, but my mom's the one who shops and she likes soy better, so no more almond milk for me

Have you ever tried almond butter? That's really yummy too.

I don't think I ever saw almond butter around here. I love almond milk, although when you look at the ingredients it's actually very expensive water with some almonds in it (same for rice milk)
    Nope.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I drink almond milk, almond, soy and fresh goats milk. I've been lactose intolerant since birth so I don't do much in the way of dairy. But I find I can drink fresh unpasturized goats milk and it doesn't bother me the way cows milk does.

Love almond butter! But the only place I can get it is Whole Foods and it's damn expensive.

I try to but often fail. I am not usually hungry at brekky. I will normally try and eat oats and plenty of water. But today for instance I had nothing to eat all day because I felt off. So then I just ate FOUR eggs on toast and I feel like I am going to vomit. What an idiot I am.

A*O

I think this all ties in with bodyclock. On school days I have to get up around 6.30am in order to get the kids up and out of the house by 8am. I am deffo not fully functioning at that time of the day, but drink a couple of large mugs of green tea to kickstart/rehydrate. Food is out of the quesion, I would merely feel nauseous. I then go and work out or go for a long walk and get back around 10am by which time I AM hungry but unfortunately if I eat more than a handful of nuts or a banana, and especially if I eat any bread/carbs I become CRAZY hungry and would continue to binge until lunchtime.
    If I wake up when my bodyclock tells me to, usually around 8.30am, then I can eat a perfectly restrained, healthy brekky with no bingeing tendencies whatsoever.
    My bloodsugar is all over the place.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Usually some eggs or a protein shake. It's a good breakfast to have before having a morning workout.

I'm usually not too hungry in the morning. I don't feel like cereal or toast.
    I eat breakfast when its bacon, eggs, sausages, and thats usually on the weekends when there is no work, therefore, more time to make it.
    On every other morning I have yoghurt or fruit. I like a hot cup of tea too.

i never used to regularly eat breakfast until a year ago. I have a blood sugar problem and most breakfast foods (oatmeal, pancakes, cereal, bread) don't agree with me. So I typically had a piece of toast and cheese or leftover slice of pizza, or nothing till noon.

Since then, I've picked up the habit of starting my day with a bottle or glass of water, which makes a huge difference in how I feel the rest of the day. It also made me unconsciously cut back a bit on the coffee. I also found a fantastic organic yogurt with no cane sugar (it has fruit juices) that's pretty low in carbs (<20 g), so my blood sugar stays pretty even - I eat this and a piece of fruit every day. Lunch is still my biggest meal.
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

^^^^ah yes, a huge glass of water starts me out every morning, with my breakfast. Makes a really huge difference in how I feel all morning.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

A*O

^^^ that's why I drink 2 large mugs of green tea - probably about 2 pints? I got into the habit when I was breastfeeding and you have to drink LOTS of fluids and the habit kinda stuck. If I don't have my morning tea I can't function AT ALL.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I always drink water all day, but especially in the morning. Green tea is good, I like all kinds of herbal tea except for the sour-tasting kinds. I also love black tea and coffee but I have cut down considerably. Tea of any kind is better for you than coffee, but it's hell if you like white teeth.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cereal and fruit with low fat milk every day. I do drink diet pepsi with my breakfast which is not the healthiest.

I have slow cooked oatmeal with flax seeds ground up and sprinkled in during the cooking process.

I eat breakfast every morning but its not always healthy. Sometimes I have actual breakfast foods like eggs, toast, or oatmeal and other times I just have last night's leftovers. I always eat breakfast though because if I don't, I feel sick for the rest of the day.

I've recently changed to eating something high in fiber and slightly higher in protein. I've been eating a bagel from Natural Ovens (my favorite is the Raspberry, yum), with some Farmer's Cheese on it. The Farmer's Cheese is a little weird at first if you are used to regular cream cheese, but I actually like it better now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information