Page 55 of 95 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

^^broccoli casserole sounds so good!!!

I have no idea what broccoli casserole is, but I imagine its broccoli in some kind of sauce right? so if I'm right in my guessing that does sound good. I'm not sure what we're going to have for tea tonight, I'm all out of ideas,that's why I really like this thread. Sweeties garlic mashed potatoes did inspire me. I have some of those yummy little red taters, I might mash those up with some garlic, roast up some butternut pumpkin, do some spinach, broccoli, tofu schnitzels,peppercorn gravy.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

tofu schnitzels??? Do share the recipe, please

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I have no idea what broccoli casserole is, but I imagine its broccoli in some kind of sauce right? so if I'm right in my guessing that does sound good. I'm not sure what we're going to have for tea tonight, I'm all out of ideas,that's why I really like this thread. Sweeties garlic mashed potatoes did inspire me. I have some of those yummy little red taters, I might mash those up with some garlic, roast up some butternut pumpkin, do some spinach, broccoli, tofu schnitzels,peppercorn gravy.
    It's 2 boxes of broccoli with a half a bag of stuffing, a bag of cheddar cheese, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a half stick of butter. You mix it all together and bake. It's SO good. I normally only have it during the holidays but I have making it tonight and eating as much of it as I want. You can also put buttered, toasted, crushed crackers on top before you bake it.

^^That sounds so unbelievably delicious! I love a good casserole. I love green bean casserole too.

Oh God, it is so good. I can eat a half a casserole dish and not think twice about it. Hey, it's got broccoli so it must be healthy.

Wow Sweetie that does sound good. I've never heard of it.

KrisNine, I'll get you the recipe. My husband makes the schnitzels with crushed crispbread and herbs as a coating and they are so yum..really good stuff.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Growing up with German stock, we "schnitzeled" everything. I don't eat meat so tofu schnitzels sound so good. Mmmm, fried

It's the hubby's birthday so I'm going to make Chicken Oscar with garlic mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie for dessert (who the hell eats pumpkin pie on their birthday instead of cake is just beyond me, but that's another story). Since I'm going to the seafood store anyways, I might get extra crab and make crab and artichoke dip too or a shrimp appetizer. Just cause there won't be quite enough calories in the dinner.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    It's the hubby's birthday so I'm going to make Chicken Oscar with garlic mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie for dessert (who the hell eats pumpkin pie on their birthday instead of cake is just beyond me, but that's another story). Since I'm going to the seafood store anyways, I might get extra crab and make crab and artichoke dip too or a shrimp appetizer. Just cause there won't be quite enough calories in the dinner.
    Chicken Oscar? SHARE!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Homemade meatloaf. Well, it's actually my first time!!
    and White Wine as my appetizer

Spicy (curry) butternut squash soup if I ever get off my butt and make it.

Tuna Casserole..er..ok Tuna Helper With dark chocolate hershey kisses for dessert.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Moussaka for my girl,s bday,4 hours on my feet..totally worth it.turned out real good.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    What is Chicken Oscar???
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information