Page 45 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner tonight?

For dinner tonight, I am having homemade bread with strawberry jam and a cup of tea ... I'm not very hungry lately.

Have absolutely no clue what to feed the kiddies. Maybe I'll let them fend for themselves.

Hit By Ban Bus!

aabbcc that cracks me up.. before I had kids I knew a woman whose 5 kids ranged from like 10 to 20 years old. I asked her how in the world she fed them all and she yawned and said "they know where the pots and pans are." I was so scandalized about that until my own kids got to that age and I totally understood

Ribs with coleslaw and corn! I spent last evening making a super-yummy bbq sauce, so everything is marinating as we speak.

Mmmmm, I love bbq sauce!

Spaghetti
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Tonight was simple:

Corn on the cob
    Young romaine lettuce salad
    Veggies & dip
    French baguette
    Brie
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Elite Member

Moomies - butter chicken sounds good. I've never heard of that before. What's involved?

MissKris' avocado stuffed chicken sounds delicious too.

Silver Member

Vegetarian chili beans with diced tomatoes served over brown rice. Topped with cheddar cheese. Yummy. It also makes the best leftover lunch. Tastes better the next day.
    Last edited by Lucky32; May 9th, 2007 at 11:54 PM.

Fresh deep fried walleye that my husband caught in Lake Huron, and HE cooked. And i through together a rice and veggie side dish, and a fresh greens salad from my patio salad garden. It tasted wonderful, and we cooked together which is nice.

Whole wheat bowtie pasta with a fresh tomato, onion, yellow pepper, parsley, basil and garlic sauce, fava beans, and arugula all tossed together. Plus, I added some spinach/feta/chicken sausage to mine. Followed by fresh raspberries.

Show-off!
    ...signed, green with envy.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It was dead easy and quick. And no fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    Vegetarian chili beans with diced tomatoes served over brown rice. Topped with cheddar cheese. Yummy. It also makes the best leftover lunch. Tastes better the next day.
    That made my mouth water, I'm hungry now

it was greek for us tonight but we got take out. it was amazing though - chicken brochettes with rice, vegetables and potatoes as well as greek salad.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Whole wheat bowtie pasta with a fresh tomato, onion, yellow pepper, parsley, basil and garlic sauce, fava beans, and arugula all tossed together. Plus, I added some spinach/feta/chicken sausage to mine. Followed by fresh raspberries.
    OK but do you cook the bow tie pasta first? And is this a hot or cold dish? And what is garlic sauce? Can you buy some? And is that a can of fava beans? cooked first? Drained? I need more information.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I boil the water for the pasta, and while I'm doing that I heat some olive oil in a heavy frying pan. Add about a quarter of finely chopped onion and a clove of minced garlic and saute. Add about a half of a chopped red/yellow/green paper -- whatever you have on hand -- and saute that for a couple of minutes. Then add a 16 oz can of diced tomatoes -- or chopped fresh ripe ones. Throw in some parsley, basil and salt and pepper to taste, and let the sauce simmer.

Dump the pasta in the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes or to taste -- whole wheat takes longer. If you used canned fava beans, drain and rinse them and add them to the skillet just long enough to heat them through. Drain the pasta, put in a big bowl and toss with the sauce. I added the sausage last (I cooked it earlier). Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese.

I just made this recipe up, but it's basic sauce and pasta. See -- it's dead easy!

Thread Information