Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: What are you stuffing in your cake hole now??? Part III

Coffee with gingerbread syrup and a dollop of whipped cream. Stollen. Cheese, so much cheese.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Vodka
    Novice and BITTER like this.

OMFG!
    a mince pie that my dad made & it is disgusting. I love mince pie & this is just awful. I’m gonna have to hide it in the bin because I can’t eat/finish it!!!

It is the most disgusting thing I have ever put in my mouth, and that includes liver.....
    BITTER likes this.

Some leftovers. Roasted garlic mushrooms, a squash torte, and some fat from the top of a prime rib nice and crusty.
    sputnik, Waterslide and fgg like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

What haven’t I stuffed in my cake hole over the last few days?? I really need to stop. Tomorrow. Currently I’m having leftover stuffing (pumpernickel, rye, apples, cranberries, toasted pecans and almonds, Italian sausage, sage and thyme, and finished off in the oven with turkey drippings) with a fried egg on top. And coffee, which I stopped drinking in April when I also gave up gluten.
    Waterslide, Daphodil and BITTER like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Post holiday leftovers...beef ribs, potato salad, collard greens.
    Waterslide and fgg like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

This. But I had to split it with 9 other relatives:

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm looking at a giant panettone and trying to resist.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Do you have the recipe that you can post? It sounds delicious.
    It's from a New York Times recipe, but it can be difficult to view unless you have a subscription. Sorry for the formatting. It's so delicious and I made another for Christmas because it's delicious hot or not. I made the Christmas one with gouda cheese because I didn't feel like going to the grocery store that always has fontina Also, I've never made it with ham, which I could now because we have a lot of leftover ham!

Like I said, it takes time but it's incredibly yummy. It kind of reminds me of a recipe from my German great grandma. She made a dish with cabbage, onions, and homemade noodles. Similar flavor.

Cabbage and Onion Torta

4 cups all-purpose flour
    ½ cup whole wheat flour
    2½ teaspoons kosher salt, more as needed
    12 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
    ¼ cup olive oil, more as needed
    1 large Spanish onion, halved and sliced (2½ cups)
    1½ pounds Savoy or regular cabbage (1 small head), cored and sliced
    Black pepper, as needed
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar, or to taste
    1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
    5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
    1½ tablespoons thyme leaves
    8 ounces Fontina cheese, grated (2 cups)
    2 ounces diced smoked ham such as speck (optional)
    1 large egg yolk

1. To make the pastry, combine flours and 1½ teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut in butter until it forms coarse crumbs. Add 1 to 1 ½ cups very cold water, working it in a few tablespoons at a time, until mixture just comes together. Form dough into a ball, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
    2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
    3. Add 1 tablespoon oil and stir in cabbage, a handful at a time, waiting for each addition to wilt slightly before adding more. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Cook until cabbage is tender and any liquid has evaporated, about seven to 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook until evaporated, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Taste and add more salt, vinegar or both, as needed.
    4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and stir in breadcrumbs, garlic and thyme. Cook until breadcrumbs begin to color, about one minute. Scrape into a bowl.
    5. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Oil a large baking sheet.
    6. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 17-by-12-inch rectangle. Transfer to the baking sheet. With the long side facing you, spread half the breadcrumbs evenly over right half of dough, leaving a ½ -inch border. Top with half the cheese, then cover cheese with half the cabbage mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle ham over the top if desired.
    7. Dab edges of dough with water. Fold left half over filling and use the tines of a fork to seal edges. Brush crust with egg yolk. Using a knife, cut several slits in the center of the top crust. Transfer pie to oven and bake until crust is golden brown and firm, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm, or reheat before serving.

Manchego and sharp cheddar with crackers and a little prosciutto and some mixed berries on the side.
    fgg likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thanks Kris sounds yummy. I'm eating prime rib, garlic smashed potatoes, and creamed spinach. The prime rib is probably why my foot is all fucked up with the gout.
    KrisNine likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Bloke has the truly evil chesty flu that's been going about to I'm currently heating up some home made curry that I had stashed in the freezer. I'm going to add an extra dash of hot sauce as a kill-or-cure measure (and because I normally have to make it softy strength because he's not got my asbestos stomach).
    Novice and BITTER like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It's from a New York Times recipe, but it can be difficult to view unless you have a subscription. Sorry for the formatting. It's so delicious and I made another for Christmas because it's delicious hot or not. I made the Christmas one with gouda cheese because I didn't feel like going to the grocery store that always has fontina Also, I've never made it with ham, which I could now because we have a lot of leftover ham!

Like I said, it takes time but it's incredibly yummy. It kind of reminds me of a recipe from my German great grandma. She made a dish with cabbage, onions, and homemade noodles. Similar flavor.

Cabbage and Onion Torta

4 cups all-purpose flour
    ½ cup whole wheat flour
    2½ teaspoons kosher salt, more as needed
    12 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
    ¼ cup olive oil, more as needed
    1 large Spanish onion, halved and sliced (2½ cups)
    1½ pounds Savoy or regular cabbage (1 small head), cored and sliced
    Black pepper, as needed
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar, or to taste
    1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
    5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
    1½ tablespoons thyme leaves
    8 ounces Fontina cheese, grated (2 cups)
    2 ounces diced smoked ham such as speck (optional)
    1 large egg yolk

1. To make the pastry, combine flours and 1½ teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut in butter until it forms coarse crumbs. Add 1 to 1 ½ cups very cold water, working it in a few tablespoons at a time, until mixture just comes together. Form dough into a ball, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
    2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
    3. Add 1 tablespoon oil and stir in cabbage, a handful at a time, waiting for each addition to wilt slightly before adding more. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Cook until cabbage is tender and any liquid has evaporated, about seven to 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook until evaporated, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Taste and add more salt, vinegar or both, as needed.
    4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and stir in breadcrumbs, garlic and thyme. Cook until breadcrumbs begin to color, about one minute. Scrape into a bowl.
    5. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Oil a large baking sheet.
    6. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 17-by-12-inch rectangle. Transfer to the baking sheet. With the long side facing you, spread half the breadcrumbs evenly over right half of dough, leaving a ½ -inch border. Top with half the cheese, then cover cheese with half the cabbage mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle ham over the top if desired.
    7. Dab edges of dough with water. Fold left half over filling and use the tines of a fork to seal edges. Brush crust with egg yolk. Using a knife, cut several slits in the center of the top crust. Transfer pie to oven and bake until crust is golden brown and firm, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm, or reheat before serving.
    I know that recipe! I made my mother make “continental” cabbage yesterday while I made notes as I *still* can’t make it!

I’m lying on my bed eating Ferraro rocher
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I know that recipe! I made my mother make “continental” cabbage yesterday while I made notes as I *still* can’t make it!

I’m lying on my bed eating Ferraro rocher
    I'm glad someone else knows that dish. It seems like a lot of people don't like cabbage. I've never had a continental cabbage. What is it?
    Novice likes this.

I adore cabbage in all shapes and forms. Pickled, roasted, raw in salads or slaws, sauerkraut, stuffed... yum
    KrisNine and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information