Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree1096Likes

Thread: What are you stuffing in your cake hole now??? Part III

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The kimchi is the worst; one of our navigation officers on my first Navy ship asked if he could store the kimchi he purchased in Pusan (his wife was Korean too, why didn't he just ask her to make some and keep it at home?) in one of our storerooms. My chief said no, so he put it in the signalman's gear locker. We ran into rough weather and one of the jars broke because of course it did. This guy was an absolute moron. The locker reeked of fermented kimchi for days; the CO and XO yelled at him. I wish that I could have seen it. He was ultra religious and conservative, castigating the sailors for consorting with hookers and all, a pain in the ass he was. And that kimchi. I like bulgogi and bibim bap, but not with too much garlic.
    One of our neighbors in quarters was Korean and she and her Korean friends made kimchi every year, huge batches of it in their driveway and then stored in plastic barrels under their carport to ferment. Whenever she opened the barrels to check on it, the smell permeated the neighborhood. I feel for you, having to smell that for days.
    BITTER likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^^^It is awful stuff. South Korea is so gorgeous though; I'd love to go back to visit.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Viennese goulash made by an Austrian. In a socially distanced backyard by a fire pit. Life in 2020
    mostroop, Waterslide, fgg and 1 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Early Thanksgiving dinner with my future in-laws. Turkey, stuffing, etc. Doing all over again on Thursday.
    fgg and Novice like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The kimchi is the worst; one of our navigation officers on my first Navy ship asked if he could store the kimchi he purchased in Pusan (his wife was Korean too, why didn't he just ask her to make some and keep it at home?) in one of our storerooms. My chief said no, so he put it in the signalman's gear locker. We ran into rough weather and one of the jars broke because of course it did. This guy was an absolute moron. The locker reeked of fermented kimchi for days; the CO and XO yelled at him. I wish that I could have seen it. He was ultra religious and conservative, castigating the sailors for consorting with hookers and all, a pain in the ass he was. And that kimchi. I like bulgogi and bibim bap, but not with too much garlic.
    Great now I want kimchi.
    czb and Waterslide like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I fucking love kimchi. I could eat it with every meal. I want to make it but I've been warned my neighbors will hate me and to that I say...oh well. You probably already do!

I'm going on my 3rd rum and coke because that's the month I've had.

PS. Goulash...yum! Just saw that post. I miss the days when I would have the time to go get cookbooks from around the world out of the library and land on something special...I made goulash once or twice as best as i could.

I really want to make food from Georgia (the nation). They have a very interesting food scene.

I used to go to a Bohemian restaurant (I guess it's like Czech in the newer sense of the word?) and they made a pork cutlet stuffed with cheese, ham, peas and probably something I can't remember and I wish I could figure out how to make that properly. And dumplings. And kolacky. It's not easy to take a Bohemian cooking class even without a pandemic. Eastern European/Slovak food is kind of underrepresented and underappreciated IMO. It's hearty, but it's also got a lot of veggies if you make it right.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'll look and see what I can find - I have a fine collection of middle/eastern European bookbooks from Oma.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Viennese goulash made by an Austrian. In a socially distanced backyard by a fire pit. Life in 2020
    Lucky you!
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Early Thanksgiving dinner with my future in-laws. Turkey, stuffing, etc. Doing all over again on Thursday.
    Congratulations!!! On the future in-laws not two thanks givings.

I'm eating twisted flamin' hot Cheetos. I think I have a cold & it feels like I have stitch at the bottom of my rh-lung lol! So... Status normal here then!

Pumpkin risotto with pumkin (surprise), pumpkin seeds, goat cheese and kalette. That weird vegetable that is a cross between kale and brussel sprouts.
    sputnik and Waterslide like this.
    -

czb

i never heard of kalette. so is it a leaf?

It looks like a brussel sprout that wants to be a kale if that makes any sense

(also, those are not my hands. Nasty French manicure thing)
    czb, fgg, Novice and 1 others like this.
    -

czb

interesting. i looked and my farm box does sometimes offer them but not this week. will try it when it's available.
    fgg likes this.

Creamed spinach.
    fgg, czb and Waterslide like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Kentucky butter cake
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    It looks like a brussel sprout that wants to be a kale if that makes any sense

(also, those are not my hands. Nasty French manicure thing)
    OMG! I'm going to have to see if I can grow that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Rox View Post
    Kentucky butter cake
    My roommate's mom was from Tennessee and brought pound cake to us once and I thought she was going to have to hide it from me. It was literally one pound of butter and melted in your mouth like nothing I'd ever eaten. My mom makes Kentucky Butter Cake sometimes. Maybe I should get her to make one this winter.

I'm still on the rum and coke kick but I also had these weird, overpriced cheese things. They're dried cheese, like a parmesan crisp, but they taste like what cheetos used to taste like and they're gf and keto friendly. (The r & c not so much.)
    palta and Novice like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Thread Information