Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: What are you stuffing in your cake hole now??? Part III

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i'm joking. ish.

i come from a culture where bagels are either plain, poppy, onion, or salt. i never had a cinnamon raisin bagel until my 20s. so yeah. BLASPHEMY. shame shame shame.

says she who is drinking nigori from a wine glass as i type this .....
    What about everything bagels? I'm a sucker for those, but my favorite favorite favorite bagel is a salt bagel. I had a friend who once came up to me and whispered, "Did you know they put salt on bagels???" I laughed a lot at that. She ate so many chips and so much fast food but was scared by salt on a bagel. (But she did always get her fries without salt which...what is the point/I cannot.)

I have probably never had a cinnamon raisin anything. Maybe a few times, but I picked out the raisins. I will actually eat raisins in things now, though.

I made this kind of weird ham and grilled cheese thing with a bit of pesto on an almond flour tortilla, mainly because I wanted to try the tortilla. The tortilla was surprisingly good, but damn are those motherfuckers expensive. I got mine on sale, but they are normally $8 for one regular sized package. I'm sorry, but I'm back to the corn (and flour) ones that cost $1 or less. If you're rich and doing keto, I would recommend them though.
    BITTER and Nevan like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    What about everything bagels? ....
    i don't have a problem with most of these bagels. but traditionally (like, when i was a kid) there was only plain, poppy, onion, and salt.

but cheese *in* a bagel? to me, a bagel is a vehicle for lox. so cheese, um, no.
    Waterslide and Novice like this.

I remember when they started putting cheese (cheddar, asiago) in/on bagels and it was kind of a thing...It's hard to find good lox near me (so I do resort to buying the "bad" lox) so it's always been about the cream cheese for me...I'm OK with the traditional bagels, but then I was thinking I do eat one that's got cheddar cheese and jalapeños, but it's technically a bagel stick so I don't really consider it the same thing.
    czb and Beeyotch like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think it's because Mrs Mo and I are getting old and losing our sense of taste or something, but almost all of the cheese we buy these days are really hard and really aromatic -- Asiago, Parmegano-Reggiano. In fact, she just called me while I was typing this message and told me she was going in to Costco to get some more for me.....
    Grab some Pecorino (or as we call it, Pecker) cheese. A bit saltier than Parm, but more robust and awesome on salads.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I remember when they started putting cheese (cheddar, asiago) in/on bagels and it was kind of a thing...It's hard to find good lox near me (so I do resort to buying the "bad" lox) so it's always been about the cream cheese for me...I'm OK with the traditional bagels, but then I was thinking I do eat one that's got cheddar cheese and jalapeños, but it's technically a bagel stick so I don't really consider it the same thing.
    hey, i'm mostly joking. this is just my culture. i realize that a lot of people are icked out by lox and don't eat it. just like when i had dim sum lunch with my chinese colleagues (i was the only cauc there) and i didn't eat chicken feet. it's all what we're used to. except for you freaks out there who eat crickets.
    Waterslide and Novice like this.

A lot of people are icked out by a lot of good food and it makes me sad, actually. YMMV on the chicken feet and crickets.
    czb likes this.

I ate chicken feet in the Philippines...once was enough. Something about the texture.
    Daphodil and Waterslide like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

My grocery store has these "club savings" pre cooked stuff. Among other things, I bought sliced london broil and found some garlic steamable red potatoes in the frozen section. It was pretty good for not really having to cook anything.

I am a plain bagel girl, with just regular plain cream cheese. There are a lot of places around here that have dozens of flavored cream cheese but it's just not my thing.

Omg, Bitter, you ate chicken feet?? What does that even taste like?
    Waterslide likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I ate chicken feet in the Philippines...once was enough. Something about the texture.
    Not a lot of meat, either. My dad used to buy giant bags of chicken feet for soup. Very flavorful but like gnawing on gristle sticks.
    BITTER and Waterslide like this.

Chicken feet make the best stock.when I was backpacking in peru I ate in markets a lot and if you get the lunch menu the first dish is always chicken soup with feet and yeah it looks funny but it’s good, you just kind of suck on them, it’s mostly cartilage not a lot of flesh but they’re pretty delicious.
    BITTER and Waterslide like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I found a tea house that make really great scone with clotted cream and jam. I first went there 2 weeks ago and I can't stop. I ordered 4 on my way home today. This is the best thing ever
    czb, Waterslide, fgg and 1 others like this.

I get chicken feet to make bone broth. I have a couple Tupperware full in the freezer now. I save it for when someone gets sick and I make chicken soup.
    teforde23 likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I get chicken feet to make bone broth. I have a couple Tupperware full in the freezer now. I save it for when someone gets sick and I make chicken soup.
    Brings back childhood memories of my mom making that. Of course we had to witness the killing of the chickens to ensure the feet were fresh.
    greysfang likes this.

I remember pulling the tendons on the legs to make the claws curl when I was little!

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    hey, i'm mostly joking. this is just my culture. i realize that a lot of people are icked out by lox and don't eat it. just like when i had dim sum lunch with my chinese colleagues (i was the only cauc there) and i didn't eat chicken feet. it's all what we're used to. except for you freaks out there who eat crickets.
    Rollmops have the same effect. They are a love/hate food (along with marmite).

I’ve just finished my porridge even though it’s nearly lunchtime.

Bitter - this is a “scotch pie” to me...

I’ve never heard of “London Broil” but I struggle with the word “broil” as I think it means “grill” to us; but grill in the us is a barbecue thing....

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Oh, it is Mohandas...got the recipe off of Pinterest a couple of weeks ago.https://www.pinterest.com/pin/428756827027347508/
    I'm trying this, although I might add some very thinly sliced onions to the layers as well.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thread Information