Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree407Likes

Thread: What are you eating right now, Part II

Treated myself to some salmon sushi after a great workout (it's a treat because it's $10 and that's about 10% of my entire spending budget right now). So good!

Strawberry salad with balsamic and red onions.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Homemade chicken and rice soup. My grubby four year old got me sick. I needed some chicken soup and I only like homemade.

It's easy, just a lot of chopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    *crying* PaDDY's Day: "Padraig" Irish for Patrick. Patty is short for Patricia.

Can you share your recipe for potato and leek casserole?
    Ohhhhhh...THAT's why my phone kept trying to auto correct it. Lol! I was like "no dumb auto correct". Durrrr.

Casserole: chopped up the leeks and a yellow onion and sliced Yukon gold potatoes decently thin. Sautéed all three in olive oil till the onions and leeks were soft. Drained all on a paper towel.

Made a thin bechamel sauce with half milk and half chicken stock. Buttered the casserole dish and spooned in a layer of the potato/leek/onion mix. Ladeled sauce over the mixture and covered it with a layer or shredded Dubliner and gruyere (sp?) cheeses. (You could add the cheeses to the sauce but the Dubliner makes it grainy IMO.) Repeat layers till you reach about 3/4" from the top of the dish. It bubbles when you bake it. Bake at 375 for about 20-25 mins.

Actual bake time will depend on how thick you sliced your potatoes and how long you sautéed them. That's why I slice them decently thin so they're cooked most of the way thru in the sauté process.

I usually don't do leeks but I did for Paddy's day. I usually add bacon pieces and chives in the layering process before the sauce. And sometimes I add bread crumbs to the top right at the end of baking for some added texture.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

KFC original recipe chicken , mashed potatoes, coleslaw. Coincidentally, I'm watching the South Park where kfc becomes illegal and medical marijuana is legal.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Homemade vegetarian chili over a sweet potato with some tahini on top. Fucking delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Ohhhhhh...THAT's why my phone kept trying to auto correct it. Lol! I was like "no dumb auto correct". Durrrr.

Casserole: chopped up the leeks and a yellow onion and sliced Yukon gold potatoes decently thin. Sautéed all three in olive oil till the onions and leeks were soft. Drained all on a paper towel.

Made a thin bechamel sauce with half milk and half chicken stock. Buttered the casserole dish and spooned in a layer of the potato/leek/onion mix. Ladeled sauce over the mixture and covered it with a layer or shredded Dubliner and gruyere (sp?) cheeses. (You could add the cheeses to the sauce but the Dubliner makes it grainy IMO.) Repeat layers till you reach about 3/4" from the top of the dish. It bubbles when you bake it. Bake at 375 for about 20-25 mins.

Actual bake time will depend on how thick you sliced your potatoes and how long you sautéed them. That's why I slice them decently thin so they're cooked most of the way thru in the sauté process.

I usually don't do leeks but I did for Paddy's day. I usually add bacon pieces and chives in the layering process before the sauce. And sometimes I add bread crumbs to the top right at the end of baking for some added texture.
    Thank you! Sounds delicious. I'll need to play with it a little to lower the fat, it makes me dump.

Chicken tikka masala. It's decent but a bit on the bland side. Well the flavor is good but I was expecting a bit more heat.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Thank you! Sounds delicious. I'll need to play with it a little to lower the fat, it makes me dump.
    Oh ya, definitely. I don't eat but literally a spoonful. I just like to cook. I ate the shit out of the corned beef though. Protein!!!!

Cracked pepper turkey and pepperjack cheese on an everything bagel.

Fries and chocolate cake, a hearty dinner. I'm PMSing to the extreme and I fucking need this.
    nwgirl, kasippu and sputnik like this.

A big fat salad with imitation crab, bacon bits, avacado, romaine lettuce with a homemade lemon vinagrette dressing. Oh yeah, and asiago focaccia croutons. I love my salads so very much. Years ago a salad was just the thing that came before the rest of my meal. Half the time nowadays it IS my meal.

I'm not nwgirl, but found this:

Potato Leek Gratin Recipe - NYT Cooking

Leftovers.Roasted pork, rice pilaf, and green beans.

Cauliflower and sweet potato mash, topped with cranberry sauce. And a glass of wine to forget the day.

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information