Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1904
Like Tree1405Likes

Thread: What are you eating right now, Part II

^We have 4 Thai restaurants in the upper Keys alone with 3 of them in Key Largo.
    BITTER likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    A breakfast casserole made in my slow cooker - biscuits, eggs, sausage, ham and cheese. It's a little too oily for my tastes. The gastric surgery has changed my digestive system so much. I got sick last week because I ate too many sweets. Vomiting followed by dry heaves!! So now my nutritionist wants me to do a sugar detox.
    sugar is sneaky, too. it's in so many foods it shouldn't be in, you really have to read the labels on everything.
    i'm about 2 months into my anti-inflammatory elimination diet so i can't have any sugar (honey, fruit and agave are allowed in small amounts) and though it requires a little more organisation and regular cooking and making sure i keep healthy snacks on hand, i'm eating really well. there are a ton of recipes out there with no added sugar and after a week you will crave it much less and you'll appreciate the natural sweetness in fruits, and sweetened stuff will start to taste cloying and gross. check out nom nom paleo, she has amazing recipes on her blog, a lot of familiar comfort foods but made with no added sugar and just a hint of sweetness with healthy substitutes like honey, agave, natural fruit juice, unsweetened applesauce, etc.
    Waterslide and Novice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    ^We have 4 Thai restaurants in the upper Keys alone with 3 of them in Key Largo.
    Wow! That would be nice. We have one in the neighboring town, but it's kind of pricey and there's no parking. And I used to work in that town and they have an ordinance that if you work in the downtown area, you can't park on the street and they will still ticket you even if you haven't worked there in eons. I used to get their green curry. Now I want that. Damnit. Anyway, my favorite Thai place of all time is long gone, but I can still taste it and crave it all the time.

ETA -@sput...I was so pissed the other day because I bought a blackened chicken wrap because I was starving and it appeared to be the least of all the overpriced evils and there was fucking sugar in it. I could taste it the second I put it in my mouth. I don't get why they put sugar in everything. And that was at Whole Foods, not a convenience store or gas station. I don't know how to escape it sometimes (other than making my own food...obviously...but...)
    sputnik likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

it's fucking infuriating. that and i'd also never noticed before how much unnecessary gluten is in shit that doesn't need it. it's easy enough to avoid wheat but the fucking stealth gluten in shit that shouldn't have it drives me insane. so yeah, i cook a lot more. it's lucky i enjoy cooking and already did it a lot before starting this diet but now i do it even more and i make sure that if i'm busy on sunday, i have time another day to cook and prep for all my weekday lunches.
    Waterslide and BITTER like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I enjoy cooking, too, but I have worked nights for the last two months and I'm busy during the day, so I never get to cook anymore so I end up eating what's around. If I ever get a set schedule again, I might be able to go back to eating like a normal human being. And yeah, if I'm going to eat bread, I know there's gluten in it and I'm fine with that, but why does there need to be more or in places it doesn't belong? And I love salt, but when you see how much is in almost everything, that's also ridiculous.

Kind of on topic, I was going to buy some grain-free wraps and bring my own food to work and I thought would be easy and quick and I could get some veggies and protein in there and it was like $7.99 for 8 of them. I knew they would be more expensive than a tortilla, but geez.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    sugar is sneaky, too. it's in so many foods it shouldn't be in, you really have to read the labels on everything.
    i'm about 2 months into my anti-inflammatory elimination diet so i can't have any sugar (honey, fruit and agave are allowed in small amounts) and though it requires a little more organisation and regular cooking and making sure i keep healthy snacks on hand, i'm eating really well. there are a ton of recipes out there with no added sugar and after a week you will crave it much less and you'll appreciate the natural sweetness in fruits, and sweetened stuff will start to taste cloying and gross. check out nom nom paleo, she has amazing recipes on her blog, a lot of familiar comfort foods but made with no added sugar and just a hint of sweetness with healthy substitutes like honey, agave, natural fruit juice, unsweetened applesauce, etc.
    You're doing well Sput!

Bitter check out “Two Chubby Cubs” (slimming) food, British humour... what’s not to love?

I’m eating white chocolate & drinking Diet Coke..... made an appointment with a diet consultant (do *not* say it, I’ve tried and failed, it’s time to get serious) for Wednesday.
    sputnik likes this.

^^^^
    You know I didn’t start this diet to lose weight but I have, which was a pleasant and unexpected side effect because I don’t feel the least bit deprived, in fact I’m eating really well and I feel so much better. My back feels better but also my bloating is almost gone (I would feel like my stomach was bloated by the end of the day regardless of how much or how little I ate), I haven’t had heartburn once since I started this, etc. and I really do think it has to do with the kind of food I’m eating, not the amounts which are really the same. And it’s not like I ate a lot of processed shit or sugar before but cutting it out completely made a huge difference. The no gluten made a huge difference too because it’s not that I’m not eating carbs, I’m just eating gluten free ones like lentils, beans, corn, rice and rice pasta, etc.

Originally Posted by Waterslide
    I enjoy cooking, too, but I have worked nights for the last two months and I'm busy during the day, so I never get to cook anymore so I end up eating what's around. If I ever get a set schedule again, I might be able to go back to eating like a normal human being. And yeah, if I'm going to eat bread, I know there's gluten in it and I'm fine with that, but why does there need to be more or in places it doesn't belong? And I love salt, but when you see how much is in almost everything, that's also ridiculous.

Kind of on topic, I was going to buy some grain-free wraps and bring my own food to work and I thought would be easy and quick and I could get some veggies and protein in there and it was like $7.99 for 8 of them. I knew they would be more expensive than a tortilla, but geez.

trader joe’s has affordable brown rice tortillas that are great for wraps (toast them in a pan first though) and corn tortillas. Both are gluten free.
    Waterslide and BITTER like this.

Paleo pineapple pork, a quick Asian cokeslaw, homemade pickled red onions, on a corn tortilla. Kind of a Hawaiian taco

recipe for the pork here (I omitted the Serrano pepper because I canít have spicy food atm):
    https://nomnompaleo.com/instant-pot-...pineapple-pork

Sounds much more interesting than my Apple & Cinnamon porridge but I am hungry & it is actually not bad.
    sputnik likes this.

Leftover squash, potato and cheese casserole. I've been trying to have more meatless meals.
    fgg likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    You know I didn’t start this diet to lose weight but I have, which was a pleasant and unexpected side effect because I don’t feel the least bit deprived, in fact I’m eating really well and I feel so much better. My back feels better but also my bloating is almost gone (I would feel like my stomach was bloated by the end of the day regardless of how much or how little I ate), I haven’t had heartburn once since I started this, etc. and I really do think it has to do with the kind of food I’m eating, not the amounts which are really the same. And it’s not like I ate a lot of processed shit or sugar before but cutting it out completely made a huge difference. The no gluten made a huge difference too because it’s not that I’m not eating carbs, I’m just eating gluten free ones like lentils, beans, corn, rice and rice pasta, etc.

Originally Posted by Waterslide

trader joe’s has affordable brown rice tortillas that are great for wraps (toast them in a pan first though) and corn tortillas. Both are gluten free.
    The last thing this board ate was my reply to this post. I don't know where it went...but anyway, maybe I'll try the tortillas from there next week if I get a chance to run over to TJ's. The thing is, I don't think I'm supposed to have grains, but I'm not sure if that meant all grains or just the bad ones. My bad cholesterol is low, but my good cholesterol is also low-ish, so I'm not supposed to eat bread, rice, and pasta, but I don't know if that translates into corn or brown rice (my doctor said white rice, so...?) I usually just limit my bread and pasta intake, and rarely eat rice though I love it, but lately it's all been cheap and fast and it fills me up, but also annoying because I feel like a slug at the same time. The wraps I was looking at are made of chickpeas or almonds, etc. I guess they also make ones out of egg, but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay I'm going to pay an arm and a leg for what's really a very thin omelet/crepe thing because that I could make myself and probably should.

Aside from that, I bet the anti-inflammatory thing would be good for me because I am always in pain (fibro). It's not debilitating like it used to be, especially since I don't work at a desk anymore, but the pain could be better and in some ways this diet seems way less restrictive than keto.
    sputnik likes this.

Pork tenderloin with mustard sauce, jasmine rice, and green beans.
    fgg and Waterslide like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A burger with mushrooms, swiss, and American cheese and Onion rings.
    BITTER, fgg, Waterslide and 1 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^^^You had onion rings? Please, let me smell your breath!!!
    sputnik likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Earlier, I had a lamb burger with tomato and cucumber salad on the side. Whole Foods was giving away meal kits so I made it for breakfast. It was actually really good. I don't normally do meal kits, but it was free, so...
    SHELLEE and BITTER like this.

Thread Information