Page 302 of 422 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 6319
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: What are you eating right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Oh damn! That makes me really sad! It's the one thing that I really can't get here. And I fancy some!
    Really? No restaurant or even the canned stuff at the supermarkets?
    It's not so hard to make from scratch though...it takes a little time, but it's doable.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Really? No restaurant or even the canned stuff at the supermarkets?
    It's not so hard to make from scratch though...it takes a little time, but it's doable.
    I used to be able to get it but they stopped stocking it. (it was very expensive).

I'd love some today, but even taking a shower has kicked my ass, so I've settled for cheese on toast (with tomatos & worcestershire sauce) & a cup-a-soup....

Free Charmed.

I used to be able to get it but they stopped stocking it. (it was very expensive).

I'd love some today, but even taking a shower has kicked my ass, so I've settled for cheese on toast (with tomatos & worcestershire sauce) & a cup-a-soup....

This Ainsley guy looks awfully familiar....he's a well-known chef in the UK, right?

When I was a boozehound, I used to love making Welsh Rarebit...can't find any non-alcoholic recipes.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Roasted potatoes and a leftover veggie burger.

I found some wild blueberries in the freezer. I might do something with those later. Not sure what at the moment, though.

This Ainsley guy looks awfully familiar....he's a well-known chef in the UK, right?

When I was a boozehound, I used to love making Welsh Rarebit...can't find any non-alcoholic recipes.
    Yeah, he's probably been in the food channel or something & you've caught it. Home | Ainsley Harriott

Welsh Rarebit.
    BBC - Food - Recipes : Welsh rarebit substitute milk for the ale... (a la How to cook perfect welsh rarebit | Life and style | The Guardian)

Truthfully, I can't be bothered with all that faff. I toast one side of the bread, put slices of tomato/cheese/etc on the non-toasted side, sprinkle with worcestershire sauce & grill. Walla!
    My dad used to make me sardines on toast as a kid for sunday night tea. Ah!

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Roasted potatoes and a leftover veggie burger.

I found some wild blueberries in the freezer. I might do something with those later. Not sure what at the moment, though.
    Nice! Quite a find.
    Free Charmed.

Yeah, he's probably been in the food channel or something & you've caught it. Home | Ainsley Harriott

Welsh Rarebit.
    BBC - Food - Recipes : Welsh rarebit substitute milk for the ale... (a la How to cook perfect welsh rarebit | Life and style | The Guardian)

Truthfully, I can't be bothered with all that faff. I toast one side of the bread, put slices of tomato/cheese/etc on the non-toasted side, sprinkle with worcestershire sauce & grill. Walla!
    My dad used to make me sardines on toast as a kid for sunday night tea. Ah!
    Thanks for these, Novice. I have to make some in the near future....I'm a big ol' cheesehead anyway. Lurve cheese in all forms.

No probs.

MrN doesn't drink either but I've never tried to make welsh rabbit, it just seemed a lot of effort for the same return.

Also consider beans on toast.
    Ingredients : toast (hot when you pour the bean mixture on)
    Heinz (or similar) normal baked beans in tomato sauce.
    Worcestershire sauce
    Cheese (tangy, like cheddar), chopped into small chunks or grated.

Instructions

Heat beans.
    Add a couple of dashes Worcestershire sauce.
    As the beans heat up, add the cheese.
    Stir the mixture so as the cheese melts it spreads throughout the mixture.
    While its heating toast your bread.

Pour the mixture over the warm toast.
    Tuck in!

Warning: put water in the bean pan after pouring the mixture out but before eating coz the remains of that mixture will set like concrete!
    Free Charmed.

Greek yogurt and granola. Homemade granola is the food of the gods.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

No probs.

MrN doesn't drink either but I've never tried to make welsh rabbit, it just seemed a lot of effort for the same return.

Also consider beans on toast.
    Ingredients : toast (hot when you pour the bean mixture on)
    Heinz (or similar) normal baked beans in tomato sauce.
    Worcestershire sauce
    Cheese (tangy, like cheddar), chopped into small chunks or grated.

Instructions

Heat beans.
    Add a couple of dashes Worcestershire sauce.
    As the beans heat up, add the cheese.
    Stir the mixture so as the cheese melts it spreads throughout the mixture.
    While its heating toast your bread.

Pour the mixture over the warm toast.
    Tuck in!

Warning: put water in the bean pan after pouring the mixture out but before eating coz the remains of that mixture will set like concrete!
    I was on a British food kick for the longest a few years back, and I tried beans on toast. I liked it.

I was on a British food kick for the longest a few years back, and I tried beans on toast. I liked it.
    Haha! would it surprise you that corned beef hash is MrN's fave? Is that america?
    I make it in a really basic way.
    Sliced onions, softened in a frying pan with a little garlic.
    Sautee the already cooked diced potatos in the onion/garlic mix.
    Cube the corned beef, removing the excess fat, making sure that its no Argentinian corned beef. Sprinkle liberally with worcestershire sauce (are you seeing a trend here yet?).
    Chuck the cubed corned beef in the frying pan with the potatos & stir so nothing sticks to the pan.
    Wait til the corn beef goes "mushy" (as the fat melts), & until its well mixed with the potatos.

Pile on a plate & tuck in!

I call it "poor food" because its really really cheap....
    Free Charmed.

^^^ I adore that stuff. One of the local chains has it on sale all month, and I've been buying it like mad!!! It's so high in salt and fat, but tastes amazing with eggs.

What is so bad about Argentine corned beef? Beef is their specialty, is it not? Doesn't Europe get most of its meat from Argentina??

^^^ I adore that stuff. One of the local chains has it on sale all month, and I've been buying it like mad!!! It's so high in salt and fat, but tastes amazing with eggs.

What is so bad about Argentine corned beef? Beef is their specialty, is it not? Doesn't Europe get most of its meat from Argentina??
    Haha! We banned it in the 80s when they invaded the Falkland Islands.

You can get low salt, low fat corned beef now.
    Free Charmed.

Haha! We banned it in the 80s when they invaded the Falkland Islands.

You can get low salt, low fat corned beef now.
    Silly me - the Falklands, of course.
    I have not seen the lowfat version of canned corned beef; I will have to be on the lookout for it.

I made this dinner I got from the NY Times; they gave recipes to this British-themed gastropub in NYC. It was a roasted whole chicken wrapped totally in bacon, and these mashed potatoes that were mostly butter and heavy cream. And mushy snap peas. I wish I had saved those recipes...
    I have also made trifle...love that stuff.

Haha! would it surprise you that corned beef hash is MrN's fave? Is that america?
    I make it in a really basic way.
    Sliced onions, softened in a frying pan with a little garlic.
    Sautee the already cooked diced potatos in the onion/garlic mix.
    Cube the corned beef, removing the excess fat, making sure that its no Argentinian corned beef. Sprinkle liberally with worcestershire sauce (are you seeing a trend here yet?).
    Chuck the cubed corned beef in the frying pan with the potatos & stir so nothing sticks to the pan.
    Wait til the corn beef goes "mushy" (as the fat melts), & until its well mixed with the potatos.

Pile on a plate & tuck in!

I call it "poor food" because its really really cheap....
    If you add beets to that, it becomes red flannel hash. Here is a recipe with a photo. There is also a very easy recipe for a potato leek soup at that site which is very low in fat, but you'd never know to taste it.

Red Flannel Hash

Potato Leek Soup

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    If you add beets to that, it becomes red flannel hash. Here is a recipe with a photo. There is also a very easy recipe for a potato leek soup at that site which is very low in fat, but you'd never know to taste it.

Red Flannel Hash

Potato Leek Soup
    Oooh! I'll be trying that soup (when I get my appetite back), at the moment I'm quite happy taunint Bitter with Brit "cuisine"....

Silly me - the Falklands, of course.
    I have not seen the lowfat version of canned corned beef; I will have to be on the lookout for it.

I made this dinner I got from the NY Times; they gave recipes to this British-themed gastropub in NYC. It was a roasted whole chicken wrapped totally in bacon, and these mashed potatoes that were mostly butter and heavy cream. And mushy snap peas. I wish I had saved those recipes...
    I have also made trifle...love that stuff.
    Mashed Tatties, Butter, milk, black pepper & a sprinkling of fresh ground nutmeg.

The roast chicken sounds horrible TBH. The rashers just need to be across the breast to stop it drying out - but I roast mine breast down, works as well.
    The mushy peas, nope, not fresh peas, but dried peas, soaked & heated.
    If you like that ind of thing the BBC Hairy Bikers page BBC - Food - Recipe finder : No results[]=b019g1qg might interest you.....
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information