Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would your dream kitchen look like?

Default Re: What would your dream kitchen look like?

The destruction phase of mine is done. My son and I tore out walls, transforming the tiny dining room, tinier kitchen and narrow hallway into one still not all that big space. Old flooring has been torn up and a gleeful ten year old took a sledgehammer to all the old cabinetry. Plumbing and wiring have been moved new lights are in and the new drywall is up. As soon as I finish my coffee and tear myself away from here, we are picking up the lumber and beginning cabinet construction. The sunroom has been given up to the tablesaw and other tools. It's so exciting.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I got to design my dream kitchen for my good friend who was lucky enough to have a husband who built their house himself. It had wood floors and was open country like kitchen. She had a fireplace with the hearth so you could could over the flames ala cowboy style. She had an island with granite tops with barstools to sit around. The stainless steel fridge and dishwasher. She had a JenAir stove but eventually got it replaced because she wasn't happy with it. She had the double oven with the warmer which was all stainless steel. Window over the double sink. Kitchen table over by the fireplace. She had the pots and pans over the island. It was so beautiful but then she decided to move and sold her house 2 years later. At least I got to see a dream come true, even though it was for someone else.

Silver Member

All under-counter pull out shelves. I need them NOW! Also, the only other thing would be a foot operated water on/off thingy for the kitchen sink.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chatteaux
    This is my client's kitchen. It's the biggest one I've ever done. Sort of English country manor. Functional, pretty and very cozy.

I love the ceilings, I wish my kitchen was that big
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information