Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you spend more money on during an auction....?

your cakes and cookies are fantastic. I'd love to just master 1 type of cookie or cupcake, so I have some-thing really cool to bring to school/church fetes etc.

Your pirate cookies were awesome!

Orchid, do you want something that tastes really good or do you want something that looks cool? Maybe I can help.

I think I want something that would appeal to kids and is unisex. (My kids are 6-8) and I was thinking of cookies or cupcakes.
    Just for that day when there is a class party or a school/church fete type thing. Do you think you can help us less talented ones?

I'll give you an outrageously good recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. It's always a huge hit and it's super easy. Kids LOVE them.

Often, I made cakes from scratch but scratch cakes are typically drier and denser (more dense?) than cake mixes. So, in this case, use a good quality yellow cake mix.

1 yellow cake mix (don't worry about the directions on the back of the box)
    4 eggs
    1 cup veg oil
    1 cup milk
    2 tsp good vanilla
    1 package 3.4 oz vanilla pudding

If you have a stand mixer, slowly work up to medium speed and beat for 3-4 minutes. It's ready when it's pale yellow and really fluffy. Once you start to smell the batter, it's usually ready. If you have a hand mixer, beat it on high for a few minutes longer.

Fill cupcake tins 1/2-2/3 full and bake for about 10 minutes. During that time, take some frozen cookie dough out of the freezer (it had to be frozen!). Cut in to small cubes and then drop a few in to each cupcake about 10 minutes in to the baking process. Bake until done (when the middle cupcake springs back if you touch it lightly in the center). Let it cool on a rack and take out of the pan within a few minutes so it doesn't keep baking in the hot pain. If you put the cc dough in while it's frozen, it won't bake all the way through and it'll still taste like cookie dough when you bite in to it.

Spread it with chocolate buttercream:

1 stick real butter softened and beat till fluffy
    Add 1/2 c cocoa powder and beat a few minutes.
    Add 3 cups powdered sugar (slowly) and 1tsp vanilla plus enough milk to make it a soft mixture.
    Beat for a good 10 minutes to make it really fluffy and light. Add more milk if you need too.

oh yeah, they sound amazing! Hmm I wonder if I can do this here in Singapore. I'll have to make my own cookie dough and freeze it. We do have Betty Crocker yellow cake but I don't know what vanilla pudding is? Is it custard mix? is it dry or is it a yogurt type snack food?

Ironically we just moved to a new house (why I was offline for a bit) with a kitchen 4 times the size of my last kitchen. I love cooking so very excited. There is no oven... (Loads of houses do not have ovens here 80% of ppl eat out all the time) we asked for them to put an oven in and they agreed, they bought me a bench top toaster oven!! I made muffins on the weekend and I can only fit a tray of 6 in there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information