Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is NOT for dinner tonight: 'Foods' you would NEVER eat!

I hate fruit and I wouldn't eat any domestic animals such as dogs or cats or anything that might appear on Fear Factor.

^^
    really? all fruit? you don't even eat apples or bananas? what about juice?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like mandarin oranges and occasionally apple juice but that's it. I also won't eat anything fruit flavored or use fruit flavored lip gloss. One of my big pet peeves is people who apply fruit flavored lip gloss or lotion in small spaces, like in a classroom or while sitting next to you on a plane or bus. The smell is nauseating. Besides the texture of most fruit, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the smell of it reminds me of cheap cleaning solutions that they use in public bathrooms and latrines.

No hot dogs, sausages, any meat that you can't tell what it originally was (ie. all crap ground up and formed), no organ meats. Eggs are starting to freak me out lately (well, for the last few years), so I haven't eaten those in a while.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^I feel this way about chicken. It started tasting funny and having very weird texture about 5 years ago, so I only eat the expensive organic ones now.

Elite Member

i don't eat any meat so i will never touch that..i feel horrible for the animals

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

food - i'm broke.

lemme see: onions, tomatoes ( I eat tomato-based products though), All seafood except Clam dip and tuna fish sandwiches, I only like peanuts on their own NOT in any other products, I don't like peanut butter and chocolate together, fruit pies, and well, there's more but I can't remember.

I hate the taste of onions so I rarely eat anything that's cooked with them. I also don't like heavy dressings anymore, I use olive oil or vinagrettes for salads instead of ranch and the like.

Zee

Sea urchins. Went to a business dinner and they were ordered as an appetizer for all to try.

I love sushi and will try just about anything. I ate a small scoop of wasabi to kill the taste of the sea urchin.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

SVZ

sea urchin isn't that bad!!! it's so freaking expensive.

but sea cucumber, BLarghh

I'm a girl who will damn near eat anything you put in front of me...but I simply cannot stomach deer meat. I was innocently eating some summer sausage thinking it was just the regular kind you buy (beef, maybe?) when my brother informed me mid-swallow that it was the deer he had shot the week before. I literally gagged and ran to the trash can, spitting and heaving and wanting to puke. I still get made fun of for it. I guess it was just the mental image of the poor little deer...I'm close to becoming purely vegetarian, at least red meats, because I can't help but think of these big innocent brown eyes of the creature I'm eating.

Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am so with you on that, Algernon, and the one time I had it (had to be convinced bigtime) I found it to be tough and only ate one bite - Although when I lived in the country and they kept eating my entire garden I'd have chewed on 'em I'll tell ya. I'm down to white meat and fish, and going further down. Cannot stomach red meat or exotic forms of meat

venison is generally really tough and repulsive to me. yuk.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

mmmm venison.
    it's not tough if it's well prepared and if the deer isn't too old, and i guess it depends on the cut as well. when i was a student the owner of the house i shared with a bunch of people hired a guy to come do some repairs and he lived out in the country and one day he shows up with about 8 kilos of venison from a deer he had shot near his house. he brought us steaks and some ground venison and it was soooo good. it's also way leaner and healthier than beef.
    since then i eat it quite regularly during hunting season.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information