Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What have you cut back on?

How about bottled water or soda? Maybe tap water is cheaper? But I'm afraid of the chemicals and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    How about bottled water or soda? Maybe tap water is cheaper? But I'm afraid of the chemicals and stuff.
    Bosh! That myth has been discredited numerous times! You are just paying to drink someone else's tap water! Trace chems will be in just about all-why pay extra and litter the land fills with never-to-be-absorbed plastics. while paying premium prices?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I've cut back on a lot of things but hubby refuses to and buys a lot of mega-ovepriced stuff at Whole Foods. Their produce is mostly the pits -- it's past either its sell-by date -- or ridiculously expensive.

I'm a good budget shopper and bargain hunter but if there is something I really want, I pay the price, especially on a holiday weekend like this one. I make a lot of soups, casseroles and stews -- very economical and then I don't have to cook every night.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Eggs are definitely a staple and the only thing I've really noticed an increase in is milk and gas prices.
    Fuck bottled water, not drinking too many mochas these days... if things really look bad I can always keep hens (no roosters) because I confomr to zoning by being able to keep them in a proper enclosure (I love my new place!!!)
    Seriously, it would be kind of interesting to have to slaughter my own chickens...
    Mr. Authority you're paying that much for rice??? Here it's a staple #1 because it is cheap and make a batch of Spanish rice to go with everything each week... fuck.
    How about this Mr. Authority; I'll buy you rice and mail it to you!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Eggs are definitely a staple and the only thing I've really noticed an increase in is milk and gas prices.
    Fuck bottled water, not drinking too many mochas these days... if things really look bad I can always keep hens (no roosters) because I confomr to zoning by being able to keep them in a proper enclosure (I love my new place!!!)
    Seriously, it would be kind of interesting to have to slaughter my own chickens...
    Mr. Authority you're paying that much for rice??? Here it's a staple #1 because it is cheap and make a batch of Spanish rice to go with everything each week... fuck.
    There is something that remains unchanged!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What? My use of the word fuck? or just fuck in general?
    That said; I shall cut back on my use of the word "fuck" it shall be fornication or copulation from now on.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; March 23rd, 2008 at 12:16 AM.

i just thought of another thing. we're buying a carton of cigs for hub because its cheaper than giving lung cancer in a single pack at a time.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Well, there you go. In these hard times we must all do what we can!

No more avocados, far less fresh fruit (10 dollars for a flat of tangerines - I think not!), less meals cooked from scratch (I used to buy all fresh herbs, now I use the dried herbs in bottles because they don't go bad and therefore cost less per use).

Carbs and all things processed. Also, I cannot wait to get my garden going again for my fresh veggies.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I think it's cute yanks are complaining about food prices while canadians still try to get their groceries south of the border because it's way cheaper.

buncha crybabies
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Lol. Do you buy your groceries south of the border Grimm? I would have thought it'd cost big bucks in gas and thereby nullify any value saved on food.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    What? My use of the word fuck? or just fuck in general?
    That said; I shall cut back on my use of the word "fuck" it shall be fornication or copulation from now on.
    No,you noo noo! The PRICE of it!! THE PRICE OF EFFING! Get it?
    And I thought it was a funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I think it's cute yanks are complaining about food prices while canadians still try to get their groceries south of the border because it's way cheaper.

buncha crybabies
    I was thinking that too that's why I asked what the normal price of eggs is because 2.50$ for a dozen seems pretty cheap to me.

We haven't even gotten to the price of gas yet . If we calculate that 1 gallon equals 4.55 litres and that we're paying an average of 1.18$ per litre that means we're paying 5.37$ (CAD) or 5.23$ (USD) for a gallon of gas here. How much are Americans paying for gas right now?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Bronze Member

Gas here in central Georgia is running $3.20 a gal. as of last sat.
    I found a way to cut grocery costs. Use the motorised wheelchair with the basket attached to the front. I've been down with a pulled back for 3 weeks. Last Friday I went to the Super Wal-Mart and jumped in the wheelchair. I had the basket full and spent $67. I normally spend about $150. a week on groceries. I too noticed how prices have jumped on everything I purchased.
    Last edited by S&R's Mom; March 24th, 2008 at 07:18 AM. Reason: oops I put $2.20 instead of a 3. We won't see those prices again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information