Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you eat in the middle of the night when you can't sleep?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: What do you eat in the middle of the night when you can't sleep?

Cheese and a half a toasted bagel. Sometimes warm milk or tea. Just enough to turn off teh hunger pangs and let me get back to sleep.

The cheese and nightmare thing is just another silly old wifes tale. Cheese is good at night because it will not only protect your teeth but it contains nutrients that will help lull you back to sleep. Ditto the carbs from the bagel.

Elite Member

I have some herbal tea with honey. Actaully now I have that right before I got to bed and it helps me to sleep through the night. I've always been an insomniac though, I survive on 5 hours sleep a night max as it is.

I sleep too deep in the middle of the night so I don't eat. However I'm on a diet at the moment and feeling very strong. Then my 'lovely' boyfriend came in at 11pm last night with a pizza he had just cooked, he actually turned the light on and tried wafting the smell around the room. Could have slapped him!

Oranges or popcorn from scratch. Not to heavy on the stomach.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

I usually never wake up in the middle of the night.

Except for the last 7 nights in a row
    I never had trouble sleeping before and this is quite upsetting, I wake up like 4-5 times a night and feel awful. It's frustrating because i am a "gourmet sleeper", I love to sleep

But eating is the last thing that would come to my mind. If my mouth is dry I'll have some water from the bottle I keep near my bed, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    I usually never wake up in the middle of the night.

Except for the last 7 nights in a row
    I never had trouble sleeping before and this is quite upsetting, I wake up like 4-5 times a night and feel awful. It's frustrating because i am a "gourmet sleeper", I love to sleep

But eating is the last thing that would come to my mind. If my mouth is dry I'll have some water from the bottle I keep near my bed, that's it.
    I do the same, a cold bottle of water seems to do the trick.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

A small bowl of frosted mini wheats! MMMMMM!!!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood". --Oscar Wilde

Well it is the middle of the night and I am wide awake so I am going to make some cornbread slathered with butter.

chunky peanut butter on a tortilla....

Elite Member

okay so this is what I've discovered, being a chronicly bad sleeper (waking 4-5 times during the night is not fun, may as well just never go to sleep really).

Horlicks. Its a Malt powder you put into warmed milk. I've been sleeping a lot better of late since drinking some when I want to sleep. I may not be sleeping through the night, but the periods between are much longer and thus I feel a lot better.

^^ Thats what I was drinking last week when everyone on here was wittering on about chocolate and I didn't have any so I tried to imagine I was drinking hot chocolate!

My mums swears by it for a peaceful night sleep

Elite Member

so does mine, so I figured..eh may as well give it a go.

The smell of horlicks makes me feel sick so I couldn't ever drink it! Wish I could though because my mum drinks it quite often and says it works a treat!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Water, dry toast or crackers. I have noticed that when I wake in the night that my sense of taste doesn't work properly. If I'm drinking juice, for example, I am able to taste the sweetness but none of the flavours. If blindfolded, I would have no idea what kind of juice it is.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information