Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What chain restaurants are you loyal to?

^^^^
    i remember mcdonald's used to do a veggie burger in europe, or at least parts of it (switzerland and i think the netherlands and probably germany). it was delicious. remember that? it started when i was in high school and it was pretty much the only thing i would eat from there.
    haven't tried the bk veggie one though, but now that i'm living in new york i'll have to check it out.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    ^ REally? Did not know that! I haven't been in BK in (at least) 15 years. Might have to try it. Thanks.

We had Bennigans today. My husband's burger with a pretzel bun looked good. I had Southwest eggrolls with some strange pineapple sauce. It was a good reminder why we don't eat there much. LOL It was just really heavy and way too many flavors all at once.
    I keep telling my kids that I want to take them to Bennigan's to have the "Death by Chocolate" dessert. But they closed down the two closest places. It's going to take a while to figure out how to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    i remember mcdonald's used to do a veggie burger in europe, or at least parts of it (switzerland and i think the netherlands and probably germany). it was delicious. remember that? it started when i was in high school and it was pretty much the only thing i would eat from there.
    haven't tried the bk veggie one though, but now that i'm living in new york i'll have to check it out.
    Both, McDonald's veggie burger and BK's veggie burger are fucking disgusting in Europe, IMO. They just make me crave the US version so much more and I hate them for that.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^^^
    i haven't eaten at mcdonald's in europe in over 10 years but back in the mid-to-late 90s, the 'vegi mac', as it was called in switzerland, was pretty delicious. then they stopped making it a few years later. maybe it's back now, and disgusting?
    that said, mcdonald's in switzerland was better than other euro mcdonald's. and way more expensive but the quality was better.

i don't think i ever at at bk in switzerland. they were always dodgy and deserted looking, and in the worst locations. i always suspected they were money laundering operations since they never seemed to have customers, but they'd stay open for years.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Both McD and BK brought out veggie burgers during the mad cows scare. BK kept their version, McD changed theirs. None of them were good.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Well that was a fun ride to BK for my fucking Veggie Burger.

Posted something on Twitter already, so sorry for the repeat for some of you, but dropped off the 5 yr old and then started on my way to BK, I was practically drooling the entire time, got stuck in major construction, but I kept thinking that it'll all be worth it! Get through that, get to BK, go through the drive thru and start on my merry way home--I couldn't wait, but I made myself wait until I got home. I'm at a red light just sitting there and my one year old Honda Odyssey just fucking blew up on me. Out of the blue! Course it was a busy area and it was noonish so thank Christ I was able to get over somehow and call my hub. LONG story short: I just got home w/my damn Veggie Burger and it was DELISH!

Stupid fucking mini van. I've had numerous Honda's over the years and never had anything like this happen, especially so new. I barely fucking drive it for goddsake!

dang, lynnie! that totally sucks! a veggie burger killed your car....that's an interesting story to tell, for sure.

and, now i totally want a bk veggie burger. if i go get one, i think i'll walk.
    LynnieD likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Has anyone been to a chain restaurant called Schlotzsky's? My brother loves it. It is a drive-thru and they have deli type food such as sandwiches and personal sized pizzas.

I loved Schlotzsky's but they closed all the ones anywhere near me.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Has anyone been to a chain restaurant called Schlotzsky's? My brother loves it. It is a drive-thru and they have deli type food such as sandwiches and personal sized pizzas.
    Yes, but they seem to be closing everywhere in my area. They were pretty good whenever I ate there (years ago). Schlotzsky's has a great BBQ chicken pizza, and I like their sandwiches a lot.

Personally, I think Jason's Deli is better for sandwiches, but Jason's doesn't have pizzas.

Love Schotskys too, their bread is great.

Warning for you BK Veggie burger peeps- that sucker is about 420 calories. Just looked it up & no wonder I can't eat a whole one.
    note to self:
    Veggie burger=every 3 months.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Well that was a fun ride to BK for my fucking Veggie Burger.

Posted something on Twitter already, so sorry for the repeat for some of you, but dropped off the 5 yr old and then started on my way to BK, I was practically drooling the entire time, got stuck in major construction, but I kept thinking that it'll all be worth it! Get through that, get to BK, go through the drive thru and start on my merry way home--I couldn't wait, but I made myself wait until I got home. I'm at a red light just sitting there and my one year old Honda Odyssey just fucking blew up on me. Out of the blue! Course it was a busy area and it was noonish so thank Christ I was able to get over somehow and call my hub. LONG story short: I just got home w/my damn Veggie Burger and it was DELISH!

Stupid fucking mini van. I've had numerous Honda's over the years and never had anything like this happen, especially so new. I barely fucking drive it for goddsake!
    Sorry about that, Lynnie. That was my Jedi power trying to stop you from having that burger. I confess, I was jellus. Looks like the dark side lost. And I have to admit that you deserved it after all. Impressive determination.
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Burger King in the US has a veggie burger that's to die for.
    To die from is more accurate in my experience. Maybe they've changed the recipe, but I had a BK veggie several years ago. It was so nasty, I've never been back. Just seeing the logo brings back bad memories.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Study: 96% of restaurant entrees exceed USDA limits
    By Bruce Horovitz, USA TODAY Updated 23h 18m ago

If you plan to chow down tonight at a big chain restaurant, there's a better than nine-in-10 chance that your entree will fail to meet federal nutrition recommendations for both adults and kids, according to a provocative new study.

A whopping 96% of main entrees sold at top U.S. chain eateries exceed daily limits for calories, sodium, fat and saturated fat recommended by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, reports the 18-month study conducted by the Rand Corp. and funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.

"If you're eating out tonight, your chances of finding an entree that's truly healthy are painfully low," says Helen Wu, assistant policy analyst at Rand who oversaw the study. It examined the nutritional content of 30,923 menu items from 245 restaurant brands across the USA. "The restaurant industry needs to make big changes to be part of the solution," she says.

The restaurant industry is "employing a wide range" of healthier-living strategies, says Joan McGlockton, vice president of food policy at the National Restaurant Association. Among them: putting nutritional information on menus, adding more healthful items and launching a 2011 program at nearly 100 brands in more than 25,000 locations that offers children's meals in line with 2010 dietary guidelines.

How much is too much?

These USDA recommended limits were used to measure against main entrees:

No more than . . .
    667 calories
    35% of calories from fat
    10% of calories from saturated fat
    767 mg sodium
    Source: USDA

Even then, the restaurant industry-supported "Healthy Dining" seal of approval is too generous on sodium, Wu says. It allows up to 2,000 milligrams of sodium for one main entree, while the USDA's daily recommended limit for most adults is 2,300 milligrams, she says.

Other highlights of the study, which is posted on Public Health Nutrition:
    •Appetizers can be calorie bombs. Appetizers — while often shared — averaged 813 calories, compared with main entrees, which averaged 674 calories per serving, Wu says.
    •Family restaurants fared worse than fast-food. Entrees at family-style restaurants on average have more calories, fat and sodium than fast-food restaurants. Entrees at family-style eateries posted 271 more calories, 435 more milligrams of sodium and 16 more grams of fat than fast-food restaurants, Wu says.
    •Kid "specialty" drinks often aren't healthy. Many drinks offered on kids' menus have more fat and saturated fat on average than regular drinks. While regular menu drinks had a median of 360 calories, the median number of calories in kid specialty drinks, such as shakes and floats, was 430. The message to parents, Wu says: "It's the little extras you order that add up."

Study: 96% of restaurant entrees exceed USDA limits

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

That's the reason why people are so addicted to these chain restaurants.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information