Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What chain restaurants are you loyal to?

I agree about the cokes at McDonald's.

I'm loyal to Five Guys, Wendy's (for the Spicy Chicken sandwich but I wish they hadn't changed the fries) and Taco Bell (my guilty pleasure) and a local convenience store called Wawa's (one of the best meatball sandwiches ever and they're open 24/7!)

I'm not super-loyal to anything anymore. I used to have my standard chain places I would hit when I was at home, but since moving I've been cooking more and eating out less, and not really particular about the places we eat as chains.

I eat at Cracker Barrel if I am on the road. It is a holdover from when my family would do driving vacations as a kid. I even stopped at one for breakfast when I was driving to Florida by myself. I told myself it was because it was well lit and big crowds so my shit wouldn't get stolen if I got out, walked around, and had some real food instead of hitting a drive thru, but I think it was just as much about the habit of road tripping and eating there. There is one near the house now though and we have NEVER eaten there, I think the only place for it in my mind is as a place to stop while on a trip.

I used to be super loyal to Wendy's back home, it was an easy place to grab dinner on the way home from work, and I liked that I could grab a potato instead of fries. I hadn't eaten at a Wendy's since I moved, but stopped at one a few weeks ago and it was disgusting. Overly salty and greasy, way more than I remember it.

I used to hang out at Denny's a lot in high school with my friends, and that has strangely carried into adulthood as a hangout with the boyfriend when it's late at night and we are bored. It's pretty infrequent now though and we are also just as likely to go to Perkins.

I'm not even that loyal to Starbucks, aside from the fact that I know my drink is free if I go to my store-which does win a lot. But if I'm in the shopping center that has both a Starbucks and a Barnie's? I will usually stop at the Barnie's.

fgg

bonefish (owned by outback) is one of my favorite restaurants.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I've been wanting to try that one! And I did forget about Red Lobster cheddar biscuits. But I can make those at home, thanks to Pinterest.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I never knew so many people actually went to Cracker Barrel.

McD's breakfast (for hangover) and I could drink their iced coffee for a career, but only if they don't add 400 lbs. of liquid sugar. No sweetener, I'm almost tourrette's about making them confirm there's no sugar. I had one once before I knew about the
    liquid sugar thing *shudder*

Wendy's new fries are fantastic. Love them. But I'm a bit of a salt addict.

Very loyal to Melting Pot. Love fondue. Also a fan of Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Both expensive, but reliably good no matter where we are.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

there was a place that we would go to while driving cross country on vacation, when i was a kid... Stuckeys. man oh man, we'd scream for miles when we saw the blue roof.
    Laurent and hustle4alivin like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Vouch to the Ruth's Chris. Holy McMoly, it's good. And pricey.

I also occasionally get in the mood for Krystal's. Their original Krystal with cheese and Krystal chic are yum.

There are 3 or 4 Krystal's right near where I live, but I can't make myself try them (although I did try Checker's for the first time a few weeks ago, those fries were pretty damn good for fast food fries). The boyfriend describes Krystal's as greaseballs guaranteed to make you regret it in under an hour. Apparently it's good drunk food though?

Krystal's reminds me a lot of college and it's where we'd go after a night out. It hits the spot at 2 a.m., definitely.

I like Cracker Barrel for Breakfast, I like Chik-Fil-A for their nuggets and milkshakes. I will smack somebody for a Banana Pudding Milkshake, no lie.

Popeyes Spicy Chicken with Red Beans & Rice and a biscuit is one of my go-to vice-meals.

Chipotle because their salads match my nutrition/diet requirements perfectly.

Wendy's Baconator hit the spot for me many a night. *hangs head*

Applebee's goes against so many of my sensibilities, but I have a soft spot for that place. I used to hang out there and get trashed on their $2 Long Island Iced Teas and watch the games with my friends quite a bit.

Ruby Tuesday for their salad bar.

Zaxby's for their wings, chicken strips, and fries.

Now chains I can't stand?

I'm sick of Cheesecake Factory - Huge portions of warmed-over, under seasoned, overly processed foods, and if I have to celebrate one more birthday, graduation, Mother's Day, or "hey, we're coming from out of town and we dont have one in our town, so let's meet up there!" I'm going to scream. Yes, I understand it's a go-to place because of its something-for-everyone menu and obnoxious ambiance, but no more, please!

Golden Corral - To the firey pits of hell with that pig trough. I got food poisoning from there years ago, and most of them are pretty damn gross and are full of people who like sticking their hands in the food.

Waffle House - I have NEVER understood the appeal of this place. They all feel like bathrooms that happen to have a kitchen in them. Yeah, people go there after getting shitfaced late at night, but I find IHOP more tolerable for those occasions.

Krystal: Like White Castle, but worse. My digestive system would do the dougie, the wobble, and the cha-cha slide from me putting their culinary abominations in my body. Do NOT WANT. They were okay after getting drunk, but even then, I still didn't like them that much.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; May 3rd, 2012 at 05:26 AM.
    Laurent, southernbelle and *DIVA! like this.

Oh, man, I love Waffle House too. Their hashbrowns are ridiculously good. I have extremely lowbrow tastes in dining.

Del Taco (im obsessed with the crispy fish tacos)

Subway

Olive Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Oh, man, I love Waffle House too. Their hashbrowns are ridiculously good. I have extremely lowbrow tastes in dining.
    Scattered, covered, and smothered?
    Laurent likes this.

Outback Steakhouse. According to an acquaintance who worked at one, they actually make everything fresh--salads are not pre-made, is the example he gave, and it's true I dig their salads like nothing else. The quality of food is pretty good (I get steaks whenever we go) and it's consistent. It's a good value.

*eta: Hell yes to the scattered, smothered, covered. Ooh. Hash browns are the best. I just order scrambled eggs as a habit, I could make the whole meal about the hash browns. I miss WH, there are none in Cali. Closest one we found is in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Scattered, covered, and smothered?
    HELL YES!!! Scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, and capped.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information