Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird eating habits: do you have any?

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It doesn't have to be All or Nothing with alcohol. Like anything else it's fine when taken in moderation and a couple of glasses of wine once in while certainly won't make you drunk, or lose control or throw up. But if you don't like it for whatever reason that's fine. The idea of drinking with the specific intention of getting drunk is ridiculous but sadly very common.
    you perfectly summed up my feelings about alcohol. I dont totally avoid it, i like a glass of wine and the ocassional Midori illusion, or kahlua and coke, but i dont get drunk, ever. The only time i got sick from too much alcohol was my year 12 formal and thats because i hated being there and drank because there was absolutely nothing else to do. My grade were such losers that they gave shit to a guy who only wanted to drink coke. The rest of them showed off big time with their alcohol. Thats why i hate alcohol- the way people use it to 'look cool'. Please. Its also hilarious how people take photos of themselves holding a can of Jim Bean (yes they do make sure the can and label is clearly showing) or when they say 'I'm going get so maggot tonight' or the "Haha I'm an alcoholic" declaration, god, fucking losers.

I just despise the whole 'lets get drunk to be cool' thing.

Why are people so passionate about mayo vs. salad dressing?
    Some people are willing to starve rather than eat the one they don't like!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Zee

^^I'm with you. They are both disgusting.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

- Tomatoes and salt! yum!
    Mmmm, and vinegar makes it double yum!!

I'm lost... what the heck's a 'country club'? And I thought it was us Brits who were the snobs!!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    As for French wine (and knowing something about the subject) I can confirm that it's nothing special and usually WAY over-rated and over-priced. I know I'm probably biased but Australian and New Zealand wines are excellent quality and value and these days we don't drink anything else.
    i'll have to disagree about french wine being overrated but i agree that it's definitely not the only good wine around. i also love italians and lesser-known wine producing countries like austria and switzerland.
    as for austrialia and new zealand wines, i've tried some excellent ones but the problem is that they are sold at outrageous prices here in europe, as are california wines, so there isn't really any incentive to buy them since you can get an excellent french wine for the same price as a good california wine.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    Mmmm, and vinegar makes it double yum!!

I'm lost... what the heck's a 'country club'? And I thought it was us Brits who were the snobs!!
    Golf, tennis, swimming, and a clubhouse where you go to hang out and smoke cigars. The wife and kids come by for dinner and you eat prime rib.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I like French wine, but I also like Australian and New Zealand wine. The latter is mighty pricey here -- you can get a good bottle of French for the same or less.
    This reminds me of an excellent Monty Python sketch about Australian wines.

A lot of people in this country pooh-pooh Australian table wines. This is a pity as many fine Australian wines appeal not only to the Australian palate but also to the cognoscenti of Great Britain.

Black Stump Bordeaux is rightly praised as a peppermint flavoured Burgundy, whilst a good Sydney Syrup can rank with any of the world's best sugary wines.

Château Blue, too, has won many prizes; not least for its taste, and its lingering afterburn.

Old Smokey 1968 has been compared favourably to a Welsh claret, whilst the Australian Wino Society thoroughly recommends a 1970 Coq du Rod Laver, which, believe me, has a kick on it like a mule: eight bottles of this and you're really finished. At the opening of the Sydney Bridge Club, they were fishing them out of the main sewers every half an hour.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is Perth Pink. This is a bottle with a message in, and the message is 'beware'. This is not a wine for drinking, this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

Another good fighting wine is Melbourne Old-and-Yellow, which is particularly heavy and should be used only for hand-to-hand combat.

Quite the reverse is true of Château Chunder, which is an appellation contrôlée, specially grown for those keen on regurgitation; a fine wine which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Real emetic fans will also go for a Hobart Muddy, and a prize winning Cuivre Reserve Château Bottled Nuit San Wogga Wogga, which has a bouquet like an aborigine's armpit.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I watched program earlier today about how English wine is getting more and more popular. It's apparently very similar to French wine, particularly Parisian because, the land it's produced on (green sand) can be followed through the south of england, under the sea and over to Paris, and is the same type of land Parisian wine grapes are grown on.

Having said that, I'm English and know nothing about wine. I usually buy a bottle of cheapest finest if I have to. I just dont like the way it tastes.

If you had a really good bottle of wine, it might taste better.

Golf, tennis, swimming, and a clubhouse where you go to hang out and smoke cigars. The wife and kids come by for dinner and you eat prime rib.
    Sounds like a scintillating afternoon with the old boys... wankers!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Something I've always wondered is what is 'broiled' in relation to food?

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    If you had a really good bottle of wine, it might taste better.
    Well, I have tried a lot of wines, but none have ever floated my boat and I can quite easily live without it, plus its not the healthiest of drinks so I'm happy not to drink wine. It's not something I feel the need to do or explore.

Wine is actually very healthy in moderation, particularly red wine. A lot of studies have proven its benefits.

So are a lot of things, doesn't mean I wanna eat or drink them

But why say it is unhealthy, then?

I didn't. I said it's not the healthiest, which it's not.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information