Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird eating habits: do you have any?

In Thomas Harris's series of books about Dr Hannibal Lecter, Lecter serves a Chateau Petrus Bordeaux with the sweetbreads of a Baltimore Philharmonic flautist.

That Hannibal! Such a gormet!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

LOL. He should have been drinking diet something instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    I love diet coke but my favorite is diet fountain coke.

I dont drink alcohol at all, never been drunk. Half my family are french wine lovers so while theyre drinking and sniffing a beloved '61 Petrus Bordeaux (which may as well be rubbing alcohol as far as Im concerned since I cant stand the taste of alcohol) Im craving diet coke.

Sometimes, if I am at an event, I will slyly ask for diet gingerale in a champagne flute. Or Ill just do diet sprite in a cocktail glass. I used to think a glass of diet coke would pass as a cocktail but my friends told me it wasnt believable that id drink rum and coke as a signature drink

it sounds silly but in social situations, I dont like to call attention to the fact I dont drink alcohol, I find sometimes it makes people who are drinking feel uneasy--as if im against alcohol in general which Im not at all, its just a palate preference. By social siutations I mean parties and large events--particuarly if we are hosting them, obviousy I dont bother if its my friends/family

Im past the age where I "wanted" to like alcohol like everyone else, and dont really care to aquire a taste for it now.
    Yes, because everyone is so 'refined' at 25. You would assume you were in your late 40's the way you talk asthough you're superior to everyone else. How drab and boring your life must be. Watch that someone doesn't steal your boyfriend and give him a 'blow out' of their own while you're busy making sure everyone is wearing the 'mandatory' white tennis shoes.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

There is a country club about two blocks from where I live. A while ago the staff went on strike because they were tired of working long hours for minimum wage and unpaid overtime. Most of the members just couldn't understand why they striking. One memorable quote that made it to TV was "They should be grateful to be serving people like us." The strike lasted 7 months before it was over. That pretty much sums up most country club people, IMO.

Recently there was a shooting outside this club when one rich asshole shot another rich asshole over a stock deal that went bad. Rule #1 -- stick to ripping off little old ladies, not your club buddies wearing white tennies or otherwise.

The morning the body was discovered, a blonde bimbo type was quoted, pouting her collagen lips with all her might on TV, saying that not being able to play tennis in the morning had ruined her whole day. Boo frickin hoo for the dead guy's family and friends. This bitch's tennis game was disrupted!

A*O

There undoubtedly IS pressure to drink alcohol at social functions, although it's easier now that people finally Get It about drink/driving. We occasionally go teetotal for a while, purely for health reasons and to give our livers a break, and I find a glass of plain sparkling mineral water with ice and lemon easily passes for a gin and tonic - although it's a bit sad having to 'pretend' to drink to keep people off your back. I'm not sure what a rum and coke 'type' of person is?

As for French wine (and knowing something about the subject) I can confirm that it's nothing special and usually WAY over-rated and over-priced. I know I'm probably biased but Australian and New Zealand wines are excellent quality and value and these days we don't drink anything else.

As for country clubs and other 'exclusive' establishments (and knowing something about this subject too) the reasons why people aspire to belong to these places and the type of members they attract are precisely the reasons why I won't go anywhere near.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Classless one forgot to say....

I love cold pizza yum, someone else mentioned it too

Does anyone else like cheese with celery or apple? Wow that's good

I like French wine, but I also like Australian and New Zealand wine. The latter is mighty pricey here -- you can get a good bottle of French for the same or less.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm not sure what a rum and coke 'type' of person is?
    A rum and coke person is ME! cheerful, happy and jollyful oh how i love my Bundy rum...
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I think it is everything that some people aspire not to be. You're obviously not country club material, lol.

ahhh well shit happens.. lol!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Classless one forgot to say....

I love cold pizza yum, someone else mentioned it too

Does anyone else like cheese with celery or apple? Wow that's good
    You're not alone, except I like Cheese Whiz spread with my celery and if i'm in the mood a few raisens on top. Ants on a log.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    I dont drink alcohol at all, never been drunk.
    Me either. I dont even want to get drunk, i dont like to be out of control, and i certainly dont want to be throwing up. People who dont drink look better anyway. All the women in my family drink in moderation, and never to get drunk and they look fantastic, so theres my motivation. I dont care if everyone my age has to get smashed every weekend, i dont feel the pressure.

A*O

It doesn't have to be All or Nothing with alcohol. Like anything else it's fine when taken in moderation and a couple of glasses of wine once in while certainly won't make you drunk, or lose control or throw up. But if you don't like it for whatever reason that's fine. The idea of drinking with the specific intention of getting drunk is ridiculous but sadly very common.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    LOL. He should have been drinking diet something instead.

Hell, he was in Bawlmer, hon, he should have been hoisting a NattyBo with his liver and fava beans.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information