Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Weird eating habits: do you have any?

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Mmmm, I love matzoh ball soup.

I have issues with texture, like some of you have mentioned. I can't eat most dumplings, even though I think they taste yummy. I like dim sum, but it has to be very fresh and hot - if it's leftover or even take out the doughs just get too gluey and I can't enjoy it. Most puddings make me gag, I do like homemade cooked pudding though. Jello, ugh. But I dislike all of those things for basically the same reason - aside from icky textures, I enjoy most food - love fresh seafood and sushi.

Has anyone else ever completely lost your taste for something after a bad illness? After I got over a horrible flu in grade five, I for some reason found just the thought of coconut cream pie disgusting. It was years before I could think of it as normal again. I've heard a similar thing can happen after you've been pregnant?

eta: I forgot soggy cereal. Ugh. Just no.
    Yes, from Tequila.
    Will never drink it again, can't stand the smell of it after throwing it up all night.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

i've gotten really sick from tequila before but i cant seem to stop drinkin it! if i do a few shots in between beers i'm usually ok tho
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bthin View Post
    i'm a freak....i love burnt potato chips! i also like dipping potato chips and french fries in vanilla soft serve ice cream!
    Fries from Wendy's in a chocolate frosty is delicious too. I don't know why, but it only seems to be good when it's the Wendy's stuff, Mcdonald's fries in a chocolate shake is not nearly as good.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

^^yup i agree with the wendy's frie/frosty one too! some find it very strange that my fav food to eat is campbells soups. i'm addicted to campbells soups bad!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

In my experience, tequila is apparently one of those liquors that either agrees with people or doesn't. I'm not much of a drinker, but one of the few (and maybe only) things I can drink (and plenty of) and never have adverse effects the night of OR the next day is tequila.

Real tequila that is. The cheap shit is really just tequila-flavored vodka.

Plus, much as I like a good margarita, if I'm going to be having more than one drink, I'll have one margarita and then eliminate the middle man and just have tequila shots after that, and drink on a bottled water in between. When it comes to any alcohol, it's actually the combo of alcohol and syrupy-sweet mixers that makes people more sick than anything else. If I drink lots of tequila in the form of many margaritas, it gives me heartburn.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I love stale, buttered popcorn. I also used to dip my popcorn in my pop .
    I like tomatoes but i always order burgers and sandwiches WITHOUT tomato.
    I love soggy breakfast cereal.
    Sometimes i will purposely overcook Kraft Dinner to the point where it's just mush.
    When i am sick, the only thing i can eat is McDonald's cheeseburgers.
    Scrambled is the only way i can eat eggs. I hate yolk.

^^^You win.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bthin View Post
    ^^yup i agree with the wendy's frie/frosty one too! some find it very strange that my fav food to eat is campbells soups. i'm addicted to campbells soups bad!
    Cambells soup, especially Mushroom is awesome with sliced potatoes, some Romano cheese, and lots of freshly milled black pepper baked in the oven at about 370F for 55 minutes (45 in a fan forced oven) - throw in a sprinkling of sage, and a bit of oregano......its bliss, especially with chicken

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    I don't like the taste of tap water, in certain cities more then others.
    Something about egg yolks gross me out.
    I get really grossed out when meat, more so steak taste like the smell of cow or farm. I don't know if i'm the only one who notices this but it makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about it. Every time I order a steak i'm just dreading whether or not it will have that taste.
    I dislike breakfast food such as, cereal, toast etc.
    All of those

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    eta: I forgot soggy cereal. Ugh. Just no.
    Yep. My husband thinks I'm crazy cause I eat cereal like a madwoman - very quickly. I mean, I won't even stop to talk to him. Otherwise it gets soggy and that makes me want to puke.

I actually have a little ritual where I have to have the spoon already in the bowl, pour the cereal, then have the bowl by the fridge so it's really quick to put the milk away and start eating. Cause you know, those three extra seconds are just soggying up my cereal and no one needs that happening.

Elite Member

I snack on Shreddies cereal with salmon dip.

I drown my Kraft dinner in ketchup....and sometimes my scrambled eggs, but I only like mustard on my hotdog. Go figure!

Anybody ever hear of putting peanuts in your coke bottle and eating them as you drink the soda? This lady at my work did that and it grossed me out, but to hear her tell it, it is quite the popular treat.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Anybody ever hear of putting peanuts in your coke bottle and eating them as you drink the soda? This lady at my work did that and it grossed me out, but to hear her tell it, it is quite the popular treat.
    I think I heard about that before. Isn't it boiled peanuts?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

it's a common practice here I never liked it but a lot of people do
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I don't put tomatoes on things like bread -- too soggy. In fact, I only like tomatoes if they're homegrown for the most part, served with fresh basil, good olive oil and fresh mozzarella or buffalo cheese.

I like burned crispy things such as cheese, potato chips, french fries -- anything potato and cheese basically.

I don't like anything soggy or doughy -- I like crusty bread, or slightly stale bread, and baked goods. I only eat thin pizza crusts and they have to be cooked just right.

I don't like anything gooey, not even those big cinnamon buns.

I'm not fond of most icing sugar and usally scrape it off -- I don't like overly sweet things.

I put tortilla chips, even stale ones, in soup because I like the crunchy/soft contrast.

I love eating the scrapings from the bottom of the pan.

I never eat organ meats, squid, octupus or anything like that, but I love eating smoked oysters and potato chips with green onions and cheese. Sometimes I make a dip out of all of those things.

I used to love eating raw macaroni when I was a kid, not so much now.

I like flatbread or rye crisp with cheese or peanut butter. I also like peanut butter and banana or PB and fresh honey sandwiches, but ONLY if they are toasted.

I like eating plain potato chips and dipping them in apple cider vinegar.

I love waffles but won't eat fake whipping cream. When I used to eat pork, I loved waffles with Cdn maple syrup and crispy bacon.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of for now.

Thread Information