Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird eating habits: do you have any?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

There's a great Jewish Deli here in my town and the Matzo Ball Soup is good for whatever is ailing you..Get better soon Shedevil, in a pinch good Wonton Soup has similar powers of healing the sick..

lol i live in a non cultural area we don't have anything but burgers and pizza around here and I'm just not up to cooking i have a can of good ol campbells soup i'm fixing to heat up
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Mmmm, I love matzoh ball soup.

I have issues with texture, like some of you have mentioned. I can't eat most dumplings, even though I think they taste yummy. I like dim sum, but it has to be very fresh and hot - if it's leftover or even take out the doughs just get too gluey and I can't enjoy it. Most puddings make me gag, I do like homemade cooked pudding though. Jello, ugh. But I dislike all of those things for basically the same reason - aside from icky textures, I enjoy most food - love fresh seafood and sushi.

Has anyone else ever completely lost your taste for something after a bad illness? After I got over a horrible flu in grade five, I for some reason found just the thought of coconut cream pie disgusting. It was years before I could think of it as normal again. I've heard a similar thing can happen after you've been pregnant?

eta: I forgot soggy cereal. Ugh. Just no.
    Last edited by Tati; March 19th, 2007 at 07:28 PM.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Yes, Tati! I lost my taste for hotdogs as a child after I got a bad flu the day after eating some. Same thing with bananas. I couldn't eat either for years. Nothing like tasting what you ate coming back up violently.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

i craved cornflakes when i was pregnant and haven't been able to eat them since or vienna sausage's(yes i know they are nasty but i craved them with my last pregnancy) i can't even stand seeing a can of them now

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post

Has anyone else ever completely lost your taste for something after a bad illness? After I got over a horrible flu in grade five, I for some reason found just the thought of coconut cream pie disgusting. It was years before I could think of it as normal again. I've heard a similar thing can happen after you've been pregnant?
    It happened to me with two things, I got sick with these foods when I was young and still to this day can't eat them. Fettucine Alfredo and cold cuts (I can eat turkey breast or finely sliced ham but forget about the rest).

Jello, yogourt and pudding make me gag sometimes I don't know why because I like eating them, so I still do. I will not eat chicken salad made by anyone except me because if I get a squeaky bit of chicken in it I will gag and sometimes throw up. I rarely eat sausage because of squeaky bits, especially breakfast sausage, those I never ever eat. I will rarely eat hotdogs for the same reason. If something crunchs or squeaks under my teeth in meat I gag. I think maybe I should be vegetarian... I don't eat the fat around a steak either. Ewwww...
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    Never got drunk on Skype yet. Is that like an online phone or something? I'll have to try it out some time
    Yepp, it's voice over ip, a free way to talk over the internet. All you need is a webcam. It comes in handy when you have friends abroad, since it's for free.

Skype - internet calls - download Skype free now - free calls - official website

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    \

\Has anyone else ever completely lost your taste for something after a bad illness? .

Not exactly but I did lose all taste for potatos: potato chips/mashed/frenchfries/ etc. I especially HATE potato chips. Here's why:

I have a bulemic cousin. Ive never witnessed her purge but I have for sure witnessed her binge. I remember being like 7 years old and she was in town visiting (shes 10 years older than me) and we had a bag of Ruffles Potato Chips in the house. It was a new bag, and we werent big chip eaters at all in my family but we had them. I remember thinking the bag was enormous and when I walked in the house there was my cousin, beached on the couch, with the bag completely empty! Shed eaten the ENTIRE bag in one sitting. I remember thinking that was sooo gross. Never touched potato anything again. I like bread/basmati/and noodles but no where near as much as I used to and I am very picky about what kind. For example I only like bread rolls not a fan of loaves or the pre packaged bread. For some reason she turned me off to lots of startches-- maybe i should thank her lol

I remember eating an entire truffled lobster, actually, I, forgot....the saffron was from the southern region...you know beneath the Ganges in India - I had the entire southwest coast poulation burned on a pyre...barbaric....but thats what they do when we dont like things.

7 years old...are you kidding me you're self awareness knows no bounds.

At seven, you deduced that someone 10 years older had eaten a whole bag of chips.

Oh my god.....you are beyond..therapy and eating clinics you're self.......(I mean...to begin a story about an eating disorder, and then admit you don't know what happened might sound fine telling the story to you're friends, but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny)

I do apologise if I am wrong but you saw your 17 year old cousin when you were 7 eat a bag of chips and not purge (I assume she is a size 0/2)
    Last edited by Soth; March 20th, 2007 at 12:56 PM.

^^ I really dont understand what youre saying? Like, I dont get it.

I went outside to play, my cousin sitting on the couch ready to open a big huge bag of chips while she watched tv (odd enough at the time to notice bc we never did that), I come in an hour later and the bag is empty. At the time I didnt KNOW she was bulemic or that she BINGEING, I just thought WOW she ate that whole thing and then I thought EW. Now in retrospect I understand that was a BINGE of somesort. Im sure there was a lot of other like behaviors I didnt note. And let me also add that my cousin is from the south, so I did not see her very often at all, so the times I did stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    I remember eating an entire truffled lobster, actually, I, forgot....the saffron was from the southern region...you know beneath the Ganges in India - I had the entire southwest coast poulation burned on a pyre...barbaric....but thats what they do when we dont like things.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    ^^ I really dont understand what youre saying? Like, I dont get it.

I went outside to play, my cousin sitting on the couch ready to open a big huge bag of chips while she watched tv (odd enough at the time to notice bc we never did that), I come in an hour later and the bag is empty. At the time I didnt KNOW she was bulemic or that she BINGEING, I just thought WOW she ate that whole thing and then I thought EW. Now in retrospect I understand that was a BINGE of somesort. Im sure there was a lot of other like behaviors I didnt note. And let me also add that my cousin is from the south, so I did not see her very often at all, so the times I did stood out.
    I had no doubt you would have dear

You seem to have your caps lock on when you type "binge" or its suffix for some reason.....you did you say she was bulemic in the first place, so why back pedal
    Last edited by Soth; March 21st, 2007 at 03:04 AM.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

i'm a freak....i love burnt potato chips! i also like dipping potato chips and french fries in vanilla soft serve ice cream!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

try fries with a strawberry shake it's delicious luv

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

^that does sound good! i may have to do this one for lunch today
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Thread Information