Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird eating habits: do you have any?

Okay, all the talk of ketchup reminded me of one of my non-habits. I am repulsed by ketchup. I love tomato-based anything, adore raw tomatoes...but ketchup makes me gag and it always has. I had a prof who had worked in a ketchup bottling plant in her younger years, and her stories sealed the deal for me.

I do realize that I would probably avoid any canned or bottled food if I spent one day in a bottling plant, but since I despised ketchup anyway, the images she spun for us has only made me avoid ketchup even more.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    I'd watch it while eating Coco pops and poring milk into the box and wearing last seasons fashons

(scratches crotch)
    lol soth how charming..this post of yours made me laugh haha

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    Okay, all the talk of ketchup reminded me of one of my non-habits. I am repulsed by ketchup. I love tomato-based anything, adore raw tomatoes...but ketchup makes me gag and it always has. I had a prof who had worked in a ketchup bottling plant in her younger years, and her stories sealed the deal for me.

I do realize that I would probably avoid any canned or bottled food if I spent one day in a bottling plant, but since I despised ketchup anyway, the images she spun for us has only made me avoid ketchup even more.
    oh no..i love ketchup..can you tell us some of the stories algernon..? i am curious..if they are too gross to type tho, i understand lol

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh hell Algernon, please spill the bad news about ketchup bottling plants.

Tell us Algernon.
    I am trying to break the habit so tell me......

Let me put it this way. She told us we were getting more protein than we thought. Lol. There was a certain number of flies and spiders allowed through. That's one thing she told us. BLECH.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Hit By Ban Bus!

OH HOLY CRAP. Damn it! I like ketchup, but fortunately I don't imbibe that often.

and WTF does "certain numbers of" mean?

I don't eat fruit. I also eat all of my foods in order... I'll eat the main dish first and then the vegetables or side dishes. I don't like any of it to be touching and I don't like mixing them.. like eating some of one and then switching to something else and back.

My SO will eat his main and pudding the wrong way round.

Or during lunch he'll eat for example (in this order) ..... sandwich, slice of cake, crisps, chocolate, mini sausage roll, yoghurt, another sandwich, chocolate. It's so wrong!

(Okay so he doesn't eat that much, but I'm sure you know what I mean!)

Anyone else southern? I love oka,field peas and for pete's sake do NOT put sugar in my cornbread! Also fresh onion slices. My sister-a totally normal person -would have an after school snack: onion and mayo sandwich! I also like shortin'bread. And real chicken'n'dumplings! I am glad to hear that about ketchup! Would not miss it,anyway. Buttermilk buscuits & tomato gravy,anyone?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I love fried okra!! Southern cooking is amazing. My grandmother makes the best fried okra, country ham, green beans, chocolate pie, and sweet tea. Mmm

Let me put it this way. She told us we were getting more protein than we thought. Lol. There was a certain number of flies and spiders allowed through. That's one thing she told us. BLECH.
    I know someone who works in a name brand cereal factory and they said the same thing - but adding mouse poop to the list

Did somebody mention mussels??!!!!! I LOVE them!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think I could live of them!!!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    Mira,
    the attitude you claim I have is your interpretation. I come on the board and share normal everyday things like most ppl, for example, my "getting ready routine" and it gets attacked. Its ok with me if you want to criticize BUT be aware of what youre actually responding to. All I said was I get my hair blown out and like baths and it became an 11+ page issue. remember? and that i like soda pop with food and even the MOD insults me

why my oppinions have to lead to personal attacks is unknown to me
    if indeed you aren't a fat housewife in a trailer with a wild imagination and a dsl connection, then you must be horribly insecure to feel the need to rub your money/thinness/lifestyle in people's faces, trying to feel superior.
    i'm sure you're not the only one on this board that is well off or had a privileged upbringing, it's just that most people have more class.
    Last edited by sputnik; March 13th, 2007 at 06:43 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I would wrestle Sputnik for the gun if I needed a hit of sweet tea!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information