Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegetarian Nutrition - I wanna puke!

Quote Originally Posted by silver024 View Post
    ohhh, that really sucks because they are good, i think they are better than the Boca stuff. I'm sure Australia has something along the same lines??
    HERESY!!!!!

BOCA IS SACRED.

Sorry, I live for my Boca. I know in England they have Quorn which they have here in the states, I imagine it's in Aus. as well.

(and I now return to chanting bocabocabocaboca under my breath)
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Add tofu to your diet, blachberry. That way you can eat any regular dish by just replacing meat with tofu. Yummy.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Gold Member

^ Good suggestion. Up there I meant peanut butter and not peantu butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    That's a great suggestion. I love Masala Rice with Potatoes. It's amazing what a delicious meal adding spices can make out of a simple rice and potato dish.
    yeah,use spices is what really distinguish the Indian food from others.
    Masala that is made,u can use it with almost all the vegetables and with chicken and mutton as well.
    I still remember reading in my history books,when India was under d rule of British empire,Spices were exported back in large amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    My husband has been a non-fish eating vegetarian for more than 20 years and he swears by Indian cuisine. I am learning to make more of it because it is so varied and delicious, esp. for veggies like him.
    Though I prefer non vegt food but i have tendency to quit it for 3-4 months every now and then as too much of it is bad fr ur health and very fattening.
    So 4 months in a yr I m a total vegie myself and i really enjoy it.
    Its a bit diificult fr me to explain it in words bu to give u an idea India has about 30 states an every state has its different culture,different language and different food so we have got hundreds of options to try from.Only the very famous of them reach western countries not all.

Go Indian - curries are awesome. And you can get pre-made curry paste (Patak's is best, from our extensive investigations...) and just chuck in whatever veggies you want.

I make a lentil curry (dahl) from scratch - PM me if you want the recipe. Otherwise...

Vindaloo - potatoes, chick peas, capscium, tinned tomatoes, carrot and broccoli all good
    Korma - ditto but cauliflower works really well in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    My husband has been a non-fish eating vegetarian for more than 20 years and he swears by Indian cuisine. I am learning to make more of it because it is so varied and delicious, esp. for veggies like him.
    We're all long time vegetarians in our little household too and we tend to eat a lot of Indian food. We tend to cook a lot of traditional vedic sort of recipes, because we don't eat any meat, including fish or eggs. I love working and experimenting with all the different spices.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Dunno about Indian but there are also many options for vegeterians and even vegans in Greek cuisine. If you can find recipes there are many things you can make with vegetables, peas, rice etc

I use SparkPeople to keep track of what I eat. Most people use it to lose weight, but they also can tell you what your body might need. I was always just fine with the amount of iron and protein I was eating, but I'd have trouble with B12 and sometimes calcium.

My roommate is a vegetarian and she makes all types of food. She mainly uses cous-cous and quinoa, which are both delicious! She also incorporates a lot of beans into her diet, such as chick peas, black beans, lentils, kidney beans, etc... Just the other day she made vegetarian tacos with a meat substitute, it was crazy good and actually looked like meat.

I rarely eat red meat unless I'm at a restaurant and want steak, but I eat chicken and fish a lot. With her in the house, I've learned to experiment with more veggies. I'll try anything now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I LOVE MORNING STAR CORNDOGS! That's the only way my son is allowed to have a corn dog.

YES to all the fake meat frozen foods. I love both Morningstar and Boca, although Boca is the only one who has the Spicy Chik'n patties I love. (though I haven't found any lately--are they discontinued or do my local markets just suck?)

Anyways vegetarian additions for variety's sake:

Chick peas (garbanzos) add in salad or alone, or in hummus form
    cheese (feta is good in salads)
    roasted red peppers, the kind in the jar. Yummy with melted cheese.
    Frosted mini-wheats for breakfast.

Bumping this for Buffy Burnett.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Bumping this for Buffy Burnett.
    Thank you, Sweetie! You're my Fairy Godmother!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information