Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Vegans...

I could be wrong, but I don't think coconut cream is all that bad. This link has says that the high fat content is really "good fat" that your body metabolizes quickly and doesn't store as bad cholesterol.

Coconut Cream's Health Benefits - Nutrition & Health | iOneHealth.com

If you're using it sparingly, or just sticking a little in your coffee, it shouldn't hurt. When you look at it like that, nuts and seeds are high in fat and therefore can be bad for you. Anything not in moderation is probably not going to be healthy.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^^That is true, and it's probably lots healthier than regular cream.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Use coconut oil. It is solid below 78degrees,I think. It improves all sorts of things. Just make sure it is organic & virgin oil.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quinoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I was wondering why some of you say you go through periods of being a strict vegan, but then go off it. Is it because of convenience or for health reasons mostly?
    It's usually after I've had a bad stomach upset/bug or a chest cold when I've lost my appetite and only eat really plain food for a while but even after I've recovered I'll avoid dairy and it can go on for months, sometimes a year or more. And the one thing that always lures me back to the dark side is goats' cheese. I love that stuff! But I don't eat eggs (unless they're in cake and I rarely eat that) and try to avoid cheese with animal rennet, so I mostly eat fetta, goats' cheese, haloumi etc.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I used to be a vegan for a few years, but it was just too hard for me. It interferes with so many social events. Plus, when I travel, it's difficult to stick to the routine (not always, large parts of Asia and Africa are more or less vegan due to poverty, but that's another story...) Anyhow, I went back to being ovo lacto. I just love cheese.

I replace all minced meat with soy crumbs. If you don't like tofu, try those. Any legumes (lentils etc.) are great to put into veggie dishes to add more substance.

For deserts, I have a special source, a girl I know who has a vegan pastry online shop. She can bake and cook anything without eggs and milk. You can order all the ingredients and recipes via the homepage, such as agar agar, vegan egg powder, etc. https://www.facebook.com/VeganWonderlandVersand

I'm sure there are similar sites in English.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

McJag, I use coconut oil for skin and hair, it's great for that too. The doggies also like(d) it.
    JKM, will check out Quinoa. Off to Trader Joe's today, they probably have some interesting stuff too.
    Chilly, thanks for the link. Must make it much easier to have a one-stop place for ingredients. See, that's what I am worried about, that it's just too difficult. But sounds like you were able to do it for a while. I am going to take the same approach, if we try and can't hack it, at least we tried.

I must be very odd because I don't find it difficult at all. I follow the McDougall Program which is a starch-based, whole-food program with no animal products. I've been doing it for almost twenty years and I think it's one of the easiest and healthiest ways to eat. I can't even imagine eating any other way now.

*off to Google*
    Novice likes this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Things are going well, so far! I bought some smoked tofu and we both like it. Also have been incorporating more beans and the trick to make them more palatable is adding lots of spices. We are eating a shitload of raw and cooked greens, roasted veggies, smoothies, etc. Hub doesn't much care for almonds, so I add them to the the smoothies, along with flax seeds. The vitamix pretty much pulverizes everything.

I found another recipe blog you might enjoy. I've been reading it all day!

Mouthwatering Vegan Recipes
    Chilly Willy likes this.

Thanks, aabbcc. This is like learning to cook all over again.
    aabbcc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I found another recipe blog you might enjoy. I've been reading it all day!

Mouthwatering Vegan Recipes
    Thanks, it's bookmarked.
    aabbcc likes this.
    -Bugdoll-

I'm a vegetarian but earlier this year I tried out a vegan diet for a few weeks. I didn't particularly love any of the recipes that I prepared myself but I do really enjoy vegan food otherwise. Nutritional Yeast is one ingredient that I'm glad I discovered while cooking vegan. It makes a lovely crust on tofu (or anything really), I sprinkle it on popcorn, and it's great to makes fake "cheesy" or "creamy" sauces. I love the stuff

^^Love, I ordered some KAL nutritional yeast for a seitan recipe I was trying out, and I really like it. Very tasty. And apparently healthy too, lots of B Vitamins and other good stuff.

For those of you in the US, I bough some So Delicious Coconut Milk Eggnog today. It really IS delicious. I hate traditional eggnog, this is much lighter and better, yet creamy. Also bought Almond Breeze half Almond/half Coconut Milk. Much creamier than straight almond milk.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information