Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vancouver eats

Default Re: Vancouver eats

I want to go to Granville Public Market. Looked like fun. There was another place she mentioned on her Tasty Travels. Sequoia Grill at the Teahouse and Vij's.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Granville Island is fun!!! It's one of my fave places. You could do lots of things there, not just shopping for veggies and fruit at the market. There are tons of art and craft stores, glass, wood and metal shops (I think you can take classes there, too), jewelry stores and bead shop where you can make your own accesories. There's a concrete factory that's an eye sore but other than that it's really a cool place. Too many places to mention but there is also a theatre, community centre, brewery, an exellent art school Emily Carr (don't know if you can just go in and look around but you can go to Vancouver art gallery downtown to see Carr's artworks). And did I mention the buskers??
    I eps like the South American musicians that perform there. There's even a Japanese dude that plays guitar and sings Bosa Nova in Portugese.
    It's an awesome place!!!

p.s. you can take a little boat tour (Aqua Bus) around Granville Island and pets ride free!!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I think Vancouver is our vacation spot next year.
    Last year it was New Orleans, this year it is the Smoky Mountains.

Granville Island is so fun. I was just talking about how I wanted to go there yesterday with one of our friends because our bus route goes right by it. Last time I went was last year with my Creative Writing class and it was so fun because we were going to these workshops, and one of the ones we went to was so boring, so my teacher told us all to sneak out in groups of 2 and 3, so we did, then all of us including her went to the arcade and played video games instead!! Lol. That was the best.

I actually love the Kids Market. Sure it's for children, but it's still a ton of fun! Lol. I can't wait to have kids so I can take them there.

I agree that Vancouver has many really good, inexpensive places to eat. I find it funny when my friends come to visit from out of town and want to go to some stupid chain or a place that's been coasting on its reputation for years.

One thing I have noticed recently, is that service seems to be going to hell in a handbasket in this town. Even at some good restaurants. I went to La Terrazza and Star Anise a few weeks ago, which are supposed to be two rather nice restaurants, and the service was so bad, I don't think I'd ever go back!

I absolutely LOVE Granville Island. I live right by there, so I'll stop by on my way home from work to buy veggies, etc. The vegetable store people will often give me a free basket of berries, because it's the end of the day and they want to get rid of them The Lobsterman also rocks! Great shellfish!

BTW - I tried to go to Moderne Burger last night, but there was a huge lineup The owner said he's expanding next door. Hopefully that won't make it go downhill.

I've been to a couple of A-list restaurants myself lately and noticed the same lacklustre or downright lousy service. Maybe it's because when the economy is better, fewer people want to wait tables? No excuse, especially when you're paying those prices.

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb
    I agree that Vancouver has many really good, inexpensive places to eat. I find it funny when my friends come to visit from out of town and want to go to some stupid chain or a place that's been coasting on its reputation for years.

One thing I have noticed recently, is that service seems to be going to hell in a handbasket in this town. Even at some good restaurants. I went to La Terrazza and Star Anise a few weeks ago, which are supposed to be two rather nice restaurants, and the service was so bad, I don't think I'd ever go back!

I absolutely LOVE Granville Island. I live right by there, so I'll stop by on my way home from work to buy veggies, etc. The vegetable store people will often give me a free basket of berries, because it's the end of the day and they want to get rid of them The Lobsterman also rocks! Great shellfish!

BTW - I tried to go to Moderne Burger last night, but there was a huge lineup The owner said he's expanding next door. Hopefully that won't make it go downhill.
    I go past Moderne Burger every day on the bus to campus and i always want to stop and eat there, but I haven't gotten around to it yet! Maybe one day.

That "&(##% Benny's" place looks fun, has anyone been there before?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information