Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think I have a problem with food....

A*O

You are addicted to sugar and junk food crap is FULL of it. Drive past, not through the golden arches. And get a blood test.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    It's been going on for a few months. I don't do it every meal, but I always end a meal not feeling full-not satisfied. My hubby has always teased me that I could eat a meal then see something on tv and say OMG that looks so good. Or smell something cooking walking by a restaurant and think I could eat that. I have always done that.
    The eating twice probably happens a couple of times a month. It is almost like I am binge eating. I do this during the day and go home and eat supper normally. Well, usually have seconds but don't sneak food at night or anything.
    Does this happen especially around a week prior to your period? I know that the week prior to mine, I eat like a pig. I am never satisfied and have to force myself to stop. Strangely enough, this only started a few years ago.

I agree with what was said. Stay away from the fast food joints and avoid starches. I wouldn't recommend Splenda.
    Try making your meals ahead of time before you are too busy to cook, that way they are ready to go for you when you are super busy and on the go.

Chromium picolinate tablets for blood sugar regulation and a good probiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Does this happen especially around a week prior to your period? I know that the week prior to mine, I eat like a pig. I am never satisfied and have to force myself to stop. Strangely enough, this only started a few years ago.
    I'm with you here. I don't know what it is (hormones, I guess, duh) but I am ravenous the week before mine (which I use as another excuse to skip them!) and will just devour anything in the house. The rest of the time I can easily go without food until the afternoon, I never want breakfast. But damn, for that week - it's monstrous. Don't try to get between me and the kitchen!
    But like you, this is only a recent thing - the last year or so....
    I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Yes. Keep lots of fruits & veggies on hand. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning (I like Cavenders). Tastes like a million calories!
    You have got to knock off the fast food junk-but you know that.
    Give up sodas ENTIRELY. Diet,too.
    Switch to Splenda,not sugar. Use soy milk if you put it in coffee. By the end of the year,you will lose 10 pounds,doing nothing else. I did.
    Get a lot of frozen or canned veggies you like-turnip greens,string beans,okra,tomatoes,onions etc-make a big pot of soup-season well. Get a bowl of that when hungry. All those veggies are close to zero in calories,but fill you up. Allow yourself 5 crackers-no more. Regular ones,not low fat,etc.
    You are right-this cannot continue! Keep busy with other things-paint your closets,do house happy things. Oh-and walk just 20 minutes a day.
    Great advice. I switched to lowfat vanilla soymilk and it made a huge difference. As I approach the perimenopausal stage, I find myself wanting to eat like you right before my periods. Get bloodwork done and skip the fastfood! Then, with all the money you save, buy yourself something fabulous! Good luck
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

One thing I think we keep missing: boredom. Someimes you just get sick of the same old stuff. Or after a big event with lots of planning & excitement-then back to normal. So food becomes something like entertainment.
    Change things up, take up a new hobby,actively seek new friends & interests. If you are busy with fun things,food can take a back seat again.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This sounds like a medical problem, most likely something to do with your blood sugar. I would make a medical appointment, stat. This is not normal and not something you should allow to continue, you may have a condition that needs immediate attention. Is it impossible to ignore your cravings or do you feel like you HAVE to have food?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Bronze Member

Maybe get checked for Prader-Willie Syndrome (sp?). I was thinking compulsive overeating but it sounds like more of a physical issue from what you have said.

You are pregnant with Edward Cullens baby.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Quote Originally Posted by colormyworld View Post
    Maybe get checked for Prader-Willie Syndrome (sp?).
    From what I understand about Prader Willi Syndrome, it is an extremely rare genetic disorder that manifests from birth and has obvious effects through a whole life (and has more symptoms than just insatiable hunger). I don't think it would develop in adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    This sounds like a medical problem, most likely something to do with your blood sugar. I would make a medical appointment, stat. This is not normal and not something you should allow to continue, you may have a condition that needs immediate attention. Is it impossible to ignore your cravings or do you feel like you HAVE to have food?
    No, I feel like I have to have the food. It's not cravings really, it's that I don't feel full after a full meal...
    I still haven't been to the dr about it, but it does come and go so that does make me think maybe it is a blood sugar issue possibly....
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    You are pregnant with Edward Cullens baby.
    Wouldn't that just be the shit???!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    From what I understand about Prader Willi Syndrome, it is an extremely rare genetic disorder that manifests from birth and has obvious effects through a whole life (and has more symptoms than just insatiable hunger). I don't think it would develop in adulthood.

Yeah, it's something that just started recently. What freaks me out is that this week, I have barely eaten anything....week before that I gorged myself daily at lunch and at times breakfast...it's weird...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    I ate 2 huge blueberry biscuits from hardees then went to chick filet and got a combo. One day this week I ate at taco bell then went through drive through at burger king and ate again.
    This reminds me what happened a few years ago to me: one time after work then shopping with girlfriends, I decided to pass by McDonald's and get a small french fry before going home for supper. For supper, I cooked two chicken breasts--one to eat for supper and the next for lunch. I don't know what happened to me, but I plowed through the chicken breast (and the rice and the vegetables) I intended to eat for supper, then i attacked the 2nd chicken breast I intended to eat the next day, then ate a bowl of cereal, then quickly went to bed cos I didn't know why my stomach had opened up as a huge vortex.

I have no doubt those processed McD's french fries had something in there to increase my appetite as that was not my normal appetite (and I had a normal, substantial lunch that day). I am proud to say I have NOT eaten McDs french fries since.

Since you just recently posted that you're not hungry lately, is it cos you're eating cooked-from-scratch foods? I challenge you to stave off fast food/processed food and try to cook your own breakfast/lunch/suppers yourself. You might see a difference in your eating quantity.
    Go Habs Go!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information