Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: Thanksgiving 2018

^Oh wow is that annoying!

When I worked at a bakery, they used to have apple pies and the filling was so sweet it made me want to retch. And they also had these things called apple slices that were that filling but the crust was covered in about 1/8 of an inch of glaze and I developed a mini-phobia of even touching them to put them out because they were so repulsive to me. And sticky. But when I make my own apple pie filling, it's not that sweet by a mile.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Speaking of spiced apples and such. Does anyone remember when Laurent (I'm pretty sure) posted a recipes for mulled apple cider or grog or some spiced drink? I don't know what I did with the recipe and I remember I really loved it, but I couldn't find it on here, but then I couldn't remember what it was called.
    Was it that one? https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipe...-with-rum.html
    Waterslide likes this.
    -

Looks like my aunt and uncle have changed my plans for me - they are having dinner and insist that I come. "No isolating", they say. Okay, I'll go. Some other family will be there. I'll just go see Mom on the weekend. Friday I have to be home to get my TV installed.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I’m going to New York and having friendsgiving. my sister will be visiting too, her first leaving her husband and daughters on their own to fend for themselves.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I desperately want to get my kids into NYC. Especially to see something on Broadway and go through Times Square.
    Waterslide, sputnik and fgg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    No, but that does sound really good and I wish I had the ingredients to make it right now. I haven't hot buttered anything in ages...I found this local apple cider that is like eating an apple off the tree it's so good and I wanted to do something fun with it.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I want that, too! Tomorrow all the christmas markets will open and there will be tons of mulled wine, but I just don't really like it. I like home made mulled wine, but not the one you can buy on markets usually - I think they just use really cheap wine that gives me headaches the second I take the first sip.
    -

I'm going grocery shopping today after work. It should be a chaotic mess of last minute shoppers for tomorrow's feast. I kind of love that. I'm in no hurry so the people watching should be fun. I'm going with a taco bar theme. I'll make some of my famous green chili jalapeno bean burritos and there will be a choice of flour soft shells and crispy corn shells for the tacos. I ordered a Sea Salt Caramel PieScream Cake™ from Cold Stone Creamery. It sounds so yummy.

SHELLEE and MohandasKGanja like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

^ That sounds delicious

I've been sick the last few days so I'm actually really thankful that we had planned to do Thanksgiving just the 2 of us this year and not do the big huge deal. I wouldn't have been up to cook the entire meal. It's just gonna be a simple turkey breast with stuffing, mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans and an apple ginger crisp instead of the whole pie deal. I just started dry brining the breast and I'm gonna do the crumble later today so I don't gotta worry about it tomorrow.
    sprynkles, czb, Brookie and 1 others like this.

I have been informed we will be cooking up a storm. Mrs Mo found some recipe for sweet potato casserole, and I could have sworn she said that one of the ingredients was marshmallows.
    sprynkles likes this.

Marshmallows are for cocoa and campfires and for using as indoor catapult projectiles. They do NOT belong near vegetables.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I love them toasted on yams with brown sugar and butter. So yummy.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

saturday night will be the actual friendsgiving dinner with turkey and all of that, so some of the 'murricans who went home to their families can be there too. thursday night it's me and a couple of canadian friends and we're buying chanterelles and morels and having a pastavaganza, dress code is sweatpants and leggings and we'll be watching movies.
    fgg, Trixie, sprynkles and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Just to wish you all a happy thanks giving with your loved ones.
    sputnik, BITTER, greysfang and 1 others like this.

and your "loved ones"
    sprynkles, BITTER and lindsaywhit like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information