Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: Thanksgiving 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

And just as I was writing this I got an alert reminding me about MST3K's Turkey Day Marathon. Can't go wrong with that either.
    What channel? I love MST3K.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    What channel? I love MST3K.
    I'm not even sure. I thought it was on a cable station but I think it's streaming on Shout Factory TV.

https://www.shoutfactorytvlive.com/

But, I think the new season of the show is on Netflix starting Thursday.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Thank you.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Oh and the marathon is on Sunday, not Thursday, which is also confusing.

And this is a classic.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

I love Thanksgiving. It was my dad's fave. We always say grace in German like he always did. My parent's wedding anniversary was on Nov 25, so sometimes it would fall on the holiday. Just a great time with family. Going to my sisters and meeting my new great nephew for the first time this year. I can't wait. Both my kiddos will be home from college. Full nest, happy heart, lots of mashed potatoes and red cabbage for me. Yay!

Fucking Marney!

I'm a nurse and I have to work. But will be going to my in-laws before going to work. Guess I should ask what she wants me to bring. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Waterslide and sprynkles like this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Growing up in a Italian family, my mother always made the traditional turkey dinner with all the regular trimmings. She always would make a Lasagne or home made ravioli with meatballs. It kind of seemed pointless to me because after all that everyone would be too full to have the turkey. Now that I'm grown and my parents are deceased, I just make the traditional thanksgiving dinner.

Spending it with friends, one of which is also a vegetarian. She makes traditional turkey and dressing, but we also have salmon, lots of veggies, oyster and regular dressing.
    emkat likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I have no plans. Part of the day will be spent with Mom, but I intend to put aside some time for myself. I will buy a whole chicken and some sides, and watch Barbara Stanwyck and Alfred Hitchcock movies all day. An introvert's Turkey Day.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

We’re going down to see my dad so for the first time; in at least 25 years, I’m not cooking.
    Waterslide and BITTER like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I have no plans. Part of the day will be spent with Mom, but I intend to put aside some time for myself. I will buy a whole chicken and some sides, and watch Barbara Stanwyck and Alfred Hitchcock movies all day. An introvert's Turkey Day.
    That sounds nice to me, actually. I like one extreme or the other, but my family is too scattered for a big to-do.
    Brookie and BITTER like this.

There's a Pee-Wee's Playhouse marathon on IFC on Thanksgiving!!

For the first time in years, I'm not cooking either. I ordered a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing etc. from the local grocery for $40. Will take to my sister's, heat it all up, eat and go. She can clean up and have all the leftovers. I bought a small turkey breast to make over the weekend and I might make some jalapeno cornbread stuffing. On my own time and no pressure.

I used to enjoy it when my grandparents, uncle and mom were still alive, but now, it's just too much. Three days of work for 3 people, the other two don't appreciate it and by the time we sit down to eat, I'm exhausted and bitter and before I can finish they're demanding dessert. After last year I said fuck it, I'm not doing this ever again, and I'm sticking to my guns.

Bah humbug and get off my lawn!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Spending it inside, eating ham, dressing, sweet potatoes and drinking Spiced Apple Wine!
    Waterslide and sprynkles like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Speaking of spiced apples and such. Does anyone remember when Laurent (I'm pretty sure) posted a recipes for mulled apple cider or grog or some spiced drink? I don't know what I did with the recipe and I remember I really loved it, but I couldn't find it on here, but then I couldn't remember what it was called.

We had our Thanksgiving potluck at work yesterday, and there was apple pie (among other things) for dessert. As my husband was eating a piece, he mentioned that the crust is his favorite part of apple pie. I commented that I hadn't made one in a while (I make my own filling, but use store bought crust) and then remembered why: because every time I made one, my MIL would just pick at the crust of the whole pie; not cut a piece and pick at the crust on the piece, but the one on the whole pie. She would literally stand by the counter and pick pieces off the edge because she claimed the filling was "too sweet" for her taste and since it had cinnamon, it would affect her gastritis/bladder/etc.
    Waterslide likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information