Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Tea Time

Bronze Member

Depending on my mood, will drink most teas, but Lady Grey is my trustworthy staple that can be had at any time. Used to drink a lot of green tea but have found that as I got older the less I liked it - still drink White tea at times though.

Friend of mine recently gave me two tins of Kusmi tea - Prince Wladimir (citrisy vanilla black tea) and Anastasia (similar to Earl Grey) which Im loving (the Prince Wladimir esp) but whenever I make it I always feel slightly guilty that I'm using my usual mug and death star tea infuser when I should be using a classier cup and saucer and tea pot.

^^^^
    fuck being classy.
    whenever i'm served tea in a classy, dainty little tea cup, i'm always disappointed that it's not my ginormous mug instead.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah the lid and spout cover come off completely so cleaning is easy.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Cool, thanks! Our last tea kettle I couldn't resist I had to scrub the hard water stains off, I can't stand seeing it there when I fill it.

And I love that "fuck being classy" appears in our tea time thread. Excellent! And agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Do any of you still use good old fashioned tea kettles? If so, what kind? I might give Mr. B a new one for Xmas. I know microwaving is fast and easy but there's something nice and homey about a real kettle.
    I use a Le Creuset tea kettle and I love it.

A*O

I never take the lid off my kettle because I fill it through the spout. So I never see inside. Out of sight, out of mind!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

It's pretty easy to descale a kettle if the limescale demons get too much. I just fill the kettle about a quarter full with vinegar (or lemon juice if I don't have any vinegar handy), leave it for an hour, then top it up with water and boil it. Then pour out the vinegar-water mixture as soon as it has boiled and then rinse the kettle out with some cold water to get rid of the vinegary taste/loose limescale demons. Voila!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

A*O

We lived in SE UK (Thames Valley, Midsomer country) and the water was incredibly hard. Kettles furred up with lime scale very quickly but we descaled them using the lemon/vinegar trick more because it took so long for the kettle to boil rather than aesthetics or taste. More often than not we just threw out the old one and bought a cheap replacement.

The drinking water here in Melbourne is beautifully soft natural rainwater and tastes great straight from the tap. Kettles last for YEARS and the tea is lovely. You also need only a small amoint of shampoo, dish washing liquid etc.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

In my town of birth (Manchester) the water is lovely and soft, but down 'ere in Surrey/London town it's hard and regardless of limescale or not, the tea is just not the same. Even with Yorkshire Tea "hard water" teabags.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Bronze Member

Tea is a good thing. Almost people like tea. Tea gives us freshness. I drink a ton of tea every day. I don't enjoy coffee much, but I make up for it with the amount of tea I take in. The tea gives me a filthy migraine even though I know people who swear by it for relieving headaches. What are you like tea?

What are you putting in the tea? Long Island tea can be quite dangerous.
    palta likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Bronze Member

"Tea seems first to have established for itself a particular niche in the day in the 1740s, by which time it had become the fashionable breakfast drink. We were going to Karachi on the way we take tea 5 o clocks. We were bore and lazy. After taking tea we feel freshness and active. We enjoy

Top score.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information