Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Tea Time

Hit By Ban Bus!

A friend of mine is an ex pat from England and she goes all out every time she makes a pot of tea. She also uses a tea cozy which I've picked up on as well. Nothing like a true proper brewed pot of Earl Grey

I tried lapsang souchong last sunday for breakfast and I loved it.

I bought a big box of green tea. I also purchased some raw honey. The tea bags are a thin silk like stuff. Anyway,I love it! I am having 3 cups a day. Fabulous! I just cover the bottom with honey,then hot water and seep several minutes.
    Next,Earl Grey!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

that reminds me, i should try lapsang souchong again. last time i had it i was maybe 13 and i remember thinking it tasted like smoked sausage which is not how i like my tea but maybe my tastes have evolved and i should give it another go.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on. ”

― Billy Connolly

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

A*O

Lapsang Suchong is definitely an acquired taste which I never acquired. Too smokey for me.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I love tea. My favorite is just iced black tea, no sugar, but I also enjoy hot tea. I like English Breakfast and Oolong. I'm not a fan of the overly-flavored teas. I hate berry flavored teas. My sister in law is super into blueberry/pomegranate teas and I can't even stand the smell of them, much less drink them.

Do any of you still use good old fashioned tea kettles? If so, what kind? I might give Mr. B a new one for Xmas. I know microwaving is fast and easy but there's something nice and homey about a real kettle.

A*O

Oh you MUST boil the water in a proper kettle, either electric or on the stove. Microwave it? Are you MAD? Sacrilege!

Black tea needs fresh and boiling water, green tea should be made with water that's just gone off the boil or it tastes a bit sour.
    levitt likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I use this one because the sound makes me happy.

"A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Can you get your hand in there to clean it? I love red tea kettles, but I'm open to other colors as well, or funky (yet still functional shapes).

A*O

Why would you need to clean it? It's only used for boiling water??
    dolem likes this.

i love black tea, earl grey, english breakfast, irish breakfast and lady grey. green tea and white tea as well but not as often. herbal teas before bed - camomille, tilleul (i think it's called limeflower in english), fennel, ginger.
    not a fan of fruity or flavoured teas. things like vanilla or caramel or butterscotch 'tea' make me want to vomit.

i never sweeten my coffee but if i drink black tea and put milk in it then i will also add a bit of sugar or honey. no sugar if i drink it black. and i never sweeten green, white or hearbal teas.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Why would you need to clean it? It's only used for boiling water??
    Cause I'm sure we'll forget to dump out the water, leave water standing in there and after a couple of days I'm sure nasties grow.

A*O

No, my germphobe friend. Just pour out the "old" and put fresh water in (always use fresh water for tea) and the boiling will sanitise it anyway. I have never cleaned inside a water kettle, even the gnarly lime scale from the insanely "hard" UK water and I've never heard of anyone getting gastro from one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information