Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starbucks Secrets - How to get the most out of your money, the Secret Menu

Zee

Default Re: Starbucks Secrets - How to get the most out of your money, the Secret Menu

I travel a good bit and love coffee from Tim Hortons, Dunkin Donuts and just about every other chain. Never really got into Starbucks.

If it is the only option, would rather suck on a caffeinated candy like moovitz instead or drink hotel coffee.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Wink Re: Starbucks Secrets - How to get the most out of your money, the Secret Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    Relayed in Slate

Tim Harford is a columnist for the Financial Times

in the last paragraph
    sorry I didn't know what "relayed" meant! I'm American remember
    read my PM please?!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: Starbucks Secrets - How to get the most out of your money, the Secret Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zorbeet
    I travel a good bit and love coffee from Tim Hortons, Dunkin Donuts and just about every other chain. Never really got into Starbucks.

If it is the only option, would rather suck on a caffeinated candy like moovitz instead or drink hotel coffee.
    Timmy H's rocks!!! We got one right next to our building thats 24 hrs.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I think all Timmys are 24 hours. I don't think their coffee is "good", but I like that you don't need to add sugar to it. It barely tastes like real coffee at all.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon
    I've never stepped foot in a Starbucks. I was given a 5.00 giftcard for Christmas so I suppose I will get a drink one of these days. But it's never called my name, that's for sure.
    I thought I was the only weirdo who had never been! I like coffee, but I can make it at work and save that money for something else...I just can not rationalize paying that for coffee....
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

thanks to starbucks decent coffee is now available all over north america. it used to be awful to come over for a visit and drink the muddy water that passed for coffee. i never have starbucks in europe since coffee is good everywhere and i'd rather not give money to a chain, but i'm grateful that because of its popularity, similar chains and coffee shops have sprung up everywhere

Elite Member

I work at a coffee shop of a *very* small chain and of the three sizes of caps available the 'small' is the 8oz. they're talking about here. We actually have four cup sizes, including a 'tall' as mentioned in this article, but the cap is not available in that particular size as I believe it screws up the proportions and makes it tricky to make a real cap.

Of course since we're kind of a competetor of Starbucks I have a silly grudge against them but to egde over to their side, most people complain when they ask for a small cap and receive it in an 8oz cup--we have to warn them beforehand just how small and bitter it will be as it is made in the traditional style and most just ask usk to make the caps in the taller cup anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information