Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spicy foods : why do people like it?

I like spicy food but not to the point where it hurts. There has to be a depth of flavor.

omg i had some hot ans sour soup made by this indonesian restaurant, and it was so hot it burnt my lips. Chemical burn. I couldn't finish it. The owners of the restaurant were chuckling at me.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    exactly. but i think there's also a kind of masochistic element i enjoy because i like really hot foods too. they also have to be well made and full of flavour but i do like a bit of burn. i love nothing more than a good indian or thai curry.
    ditto that for me.

i also love that burn my nasal passages get from eating wasabi & hot mustards. it feels so good!!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I like enough heat to feel some tingling on my tongue and even enough to have me reaching for my drink, but not enough that my eyes water and I have to fan my open mouth. But I don't equate 'spicy' with 'hot'. Indian curry is one of my favourite things ever- I love how the spices can turn bland ingredients into something eye-poppingly delicious- and some of it is not hot at all. Usually at Indian restaurants, I will order from the mildly or moderately hot sections. Once I sampled my husband's dish from the 'very hot' section and I thought I might have to be hospitalized. (OK, not really, but DAMN!) My husband enjoyed it, but I don't like pain.
    I'm the same as you, I absolutely LOVE curry, could live on it! I don't like the super-dooper hot ones though, I'm all about flavour. I find most british food ridiculously bland though, I tend to add loads of salt, pepper and garlic whenever i'm cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    omg i had some hot ans sour soup made by this indonesian restaurant, and it was so hot it burnt my lips. Chemical burn. I couldn't finish it. The owners of the restaurant were chuckling at me.
    Haha I hate when that happens and you can just tell that although they're smiling politely, inside they're smirking and thinking you're a noob.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Gold Member

I love spicy food, but not to the extreme. I put cayenne pepper on everything just to enhance the flavors. I like to mix spicy with something else like spicy ranch, spicy bbq, I even love my chocolate to have a spicy kick to it. If I get chinese food, I always ask for extra spicy.

I'm not a fan of salty foods though. I will use just a little while cooking, but once it's on my plate I don't put anymore on. I can't stand salty potato chips and fries.

Ovet the past years, I have become a whimp concerning spicy food. But after my latest trip to Thailand and Malaysia, I got used to it again. There is something about real spicy food, it feels like a cleansing. I toughend up big time.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I think most people love some spicy stuff-just not hot enough to ruin your mouth. Most Mexican restaurants here bring hot-hot sauce & chips to your table the minute you sit down. Then there is a looong 10 minute delay before they show up with water!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I will never touch habaneros again in my life.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I will never touch habaneros again in my life.
    Those should come with a "dangerous" sticker!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I absolutely LOVE spicy food. The hotter the better! LOVE IT!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I love spicy food. I do not care for the flavor of jalapenos, I just don't like their particular taste. The best way to get curry that's not too hot is to just get it with minimal heat and then add chili oil/paste as you go.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Those should come with a "dangerous" sticker!
    I had a very unpleasant incident with these suckers when I was in South Africa:

Tomato Growers Supply - huge selections of both hybrid tomato seeds and heirloom tomato seeds, hot chiles, sweet peppers, tomatillos and eggplants, plus garden supplies, garden books, and posters.

It was incredibly painful. I was just cutting them up and only touched them on the outside. Then I touched my face and it started swelling. The hand that held them was swollen and sore for three days! It felt like an injury and I didn't even eat them!

That shit wasn't funny.
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I had a very unpleasant incident with these suckers when I was in South Africa:

Tomato Growers Supply - huge selections of both hybrid tomato seeds and heirloom tomato seeds, hot chiles, sweet peppers, tomatillos and eggplants, plus garden supplies, garden books, and posters.

It was incredibly painful. I was just cutting them up and only touched them on the outside. Then I touched my face and it started swelling. The hand that held them was swollen and sore for three days! It felt like an injury and I didn't even eat them!

That shit wasn't funny.
    Heck,no. They are just lethal. Too hot to handle for real.

I used to hate spicy food until about the last 2 years, I'd say.

Now I luves it!

Remember, if it goes in spicy, it goes out spicy....been there done that. But I am partial to some hot foods in various ethnic cuisines.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information