Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Spiced Pumpkin Ice Cream

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Pumpkin, any style, is Satan’s slime. I’m glad we can’t get this in Oz.
    i love pumpkin, squash, etc. in savoury dishes and soups, but hate it in desserts. pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice, all that shit can die in a firepit of e-coli induced diarrhoea.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I know I'm unpopular for this but the pumpkin pie ice cream sandwiches from Whole Foods are really good...and they're organic which kind of blows my mind because they don't taste like it.

I like pumpkin pie because it's not usually super sweet like some apple and cherry pies.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    When are they bringing back the yummy Listeria flavor?

I don't like blue bell. HFCS, artificial flavors, carageenan and other weird stuff. Hub swears by Breyer's Natural and I love HEB creamy creations premium, especially their Mint Chocolate Chip. Their Swoon ice cream is also drool worthy, especially the hazelnut swirl.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I won't buy Breyer's anymore since the whole "frozen dessert" vs real ice cream fiasco. But I don't know about their naturals. It doesn't taste like it used to, though.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I know I'm unpopular for this but the pumpkin pie ice cream sandwiches from Whole Foods are really good...and they're organic which kind of blows my mind because they don't taste like it.

I like pumpkin pie because it's not usually super sweet like some apple and cherry pies.
    I went to WF yesterday just to get my coconut flour tortilla chips and while in the chip aisle I remembered this post. I almost said screw keto, I need pps ice cream sammies. But I was strong! I think they sound heavenly. Maybe for dessert on Thanksgiving.

Waterslide and I'mNotBitter like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

They're totally worth it. Imo. Even the cookie part is really good. I would keep an eye on them to make sure they don't sell out.

I need to try their peppermint ice cream... one of my all time favorite flavors for any time of the year.

I might have to check for those peppermint bars when I hit up WF for our Thanksgiving turkey.

Which...totally unrelated, but thank you WF for letting me order that online and pick it up, I think I'm going to actually make it through this entire holiday season without doing real grocery shopping in a store with all the crazy people. I've been able to amass shopping lists for grocery pickup, outside the store, for everything for the meal except my turkey. But WF allowed me to order a bone in, skin on, half turkey breast from their online shop for pickup next week, so I'll just have to go pick it up and be in the store for a few minutes and then move on with my life. Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I won't buy Breyer's anymore since the whole "frozen dessert" vs real ice cream fiasco. But I don't know about their naturals. It doesn't taste like it used to, though.
    Yep, I fell victim to their butter pecan before I noticed the "frozen dessert" label and researched it. No thanks. Husband loves their natural vanilla, that's pretty much the only flavor he eats.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Frozen dessert is the equivalent to processed cheese food. I LOVE ice cream sandwiches. Love them. But I can not find any made from real vanilla ice cream. They all say artificially flavored. I'm sure they have probably always been like this. I am just more aware of labels and don't want artificial stuff as much as possible. It's a bummer. I think it's the outside part I like the most. Just like the cookie on an Oreo. Not the icky filling. Maybe I could dissect Oreos and scoop real vanilla on them. Hmm. I'll do that when I retire and become a stoner.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information