Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slimfast shakes??

I eat lunch with a group of ladies a lot at work. One woman has been desperate to lose weight for all the years I've known her. She has started bringing Slim Fast to lunch. Thing is, she also brings yogurt, bagel chips, salad, a treat... I mentally calculated her calories one day because she obviously doesn't *get* that Slim Fast is not a magical weight loss supplement. Her lunch was about 900+ calories. For that, you might as well eat something GOOD.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

I make my own homemade smoothies...much healthier. I use a cup of 1% milk, a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, a cup of blueberries or strawberries, and a banana. Very healthy (antioxidants) and yummy!

Slimfast has lots of chemicals in it. I tried them in the past and they never, never satisfied my hunger.

I liked them, but I'm so darned lactose intolerant that they would jack up my stomach.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

ew, you're right ncmom. I use Alive shakes and doctor them up too, using a half scoop rather than a full scoop.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I eat lunch with a group of ladies a lot at work. One woman has been desperate to lose weight for all the years I've known her. She has started bringing Slim Fast to lunch. Thing is, she also brings yogurt, bagel chips, salad, a treat... I mentally calculated her calories one day because she obviously doesn't *get* that Slim Fast is not a magical weight loss supplement. Her lunch was about 900+ calories. For that, you might as well eat something GOOD.
    yea, i see co-workers drinkin these with their lunch and it really makes no sense. i drink them as a lunch and breakfast and they do fill me up good. i might be a freak tho cuz i usually hear the opposite. i just make sure i include them in my calorie intake and its all good. pants are fitting better now, too.
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

I tried them years ago when you had to lug out the blender and scoop out the powder and they were a little grainy. Not gross, but not great.

The people I've known that really tried to lose weight on them usually don't use them correctly and eat a meal along with the shake and treat the shake as a milkshake or drink. They don't think of it as a meal replacement, but as something that will cut down on their calories they're eating or something. Most of them really packed on the pounds doing that, too.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

^You just described what happened to me exactly!

I thought because I was running after two little ones that I'd somehow lose!

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

except they make me pee so much! thats the only thing i dont like
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

So...you're not supposed to put them in the blender with a couple scoops of ice cream and some chocolate syrup?

Is that why I gained weight when I was drinking them?

Elite Member

I love them. I have a chocolate shake every morning when I get into work. They really do hold me over to meal time. They're very satisfying and I always look forward to having one.

I tried them, they irritated my stomach though. I also tried Boost/Ensure meal replacement. They tasted gross, I always wondered why the old folks on the geriatric ward never liked them. I know why now.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information