Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Should I get an Instant Pot?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    her loss!

You don't have to be home at a particular time. You can program it with a delay and it can keep stuff warm for you. Whenever you get home, food will be there.
    That's good to know! And obviously I haven't gotten a chance/time to use it yet...I mean, I'm sure I have, but just taking it out and setting it up sounds exhausting to me some days. My schedule has shifted a bit anyway, so I really don't have an excuse either way.

I think we all have an aunt who's blown a hole in ceiling from a damn pressure cooker. lol
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

i know there's an instant pot recipe thread somewhere but this seems to be the active one (or maybe mods could merge them).

another great use for the instant pot: hard boiled eggs. i made an egg salad while i was at my sister's and tried out the 5 5 5 method and it works. basically, put a cup of water in your instant pot, then put the eggs in a steamer basket in the IP (if you don't have one the little rack that comes with the instant pot works fine too) and set the IP to high pressure for 5 minutes. let the steam release naturally for another 5 minutes, then put the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes (i didn't time that but basically took them out once the eggs were cool to the touch. it makes perfect hard boiled eggs, they're super easy to peel and the yolks are perfectly cooked and no grey stuff.
    i mean, yeah, you could do it on the stovetop but it's messier and requires more attention to time, etc.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

i made a chickpea and tofu (done first in my air fryer) curry and it was delicious!
    sputnik likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

what did you air fry? the tofu?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

yes. i pressed it to get the water out, cubed it, marinated it over night and then air fried it for 10-15 min. it turned out great!
    sputnik likes this.

Has anyone made yogurt yet? I was at the store this morning looking at the low carb yogurts and they were like $2.50 for a little tiny container. Screw that noise. I want to try making my own.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i know there's an instant pot recipe thread somewhere but this seems to be the active one (or maybe mods could merge them).

another great use for the instant pot: hard boiled eggs. i made an egg salad while i was at my sister's and tried out the 5 5 5 method and it works. basically, put a cup of water in your instant pot, then put the eggs in a steamer basket in the IP (if you don't have one the little rack that comes with the instant pot works fine too) and set the IP to high pressure for 5 minutes. let the steam release naturally for another 5 minutes, then put the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes (i didn't time that but basically took them out once the eggs were cool to the touch. it makes perfect hard boiled eggs, they're super easy to peel and the yolks are perfectly cooked and no grey stuff.
    i mean, yeah, you could do it on the stovetop but it's messier and requires more attention to time, etc.
    Mr Twitchy says thank you. He made a batch.
    sputnik likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    yes. i pressed it to get the water out, cubed it, marinated it over night and then air fried it for 10-15 min. it turned out great!
    ooh that sounds good!
    what kind of tofu did you use? firm or extra firm?

Mr Twitchy says thank you. He made a batch.
    you're welcome!

fgg

i used extra firm.
    sputnik likes this.

czb

what did you use to marinate it?

i really like marinated tofu that i get in restaurants but don't how to make it at home.

fgg

nothing special, just soy sauce, curry powder, powdered ginger, garlic powder and some garam masala.
    czb, sputnik, twitchy2.0 and 1 others like this.

ooh, powdered ginger, I think I should add that to my embarrassing arsenal of spices. That I never use...
    Novice, fgg and SHELLEE like this.

her loss!

You don't have to be home at a particular time. You can program it with a delay and it can keep stuff warm for you. Whenever you get home, food will be there.
    SOLD!! That sounds grand!
    Also I know I've posted this before but these guys have a blog/recepie thing with instant pot recepies (they do air fryers & all sorts instant-pot Archives - twochubbycubs )
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    That's good to know! And obviously I haven't gotten a chance/time to use it yet...I mean, I'm sure I have, but just taking it out and setting it up sounds exhausting to me some days. My schedule has shifted a bit anyway, so I really don't have an excuse either way.

I think we all have an aunt who's blown a hole in ceiling from a damn pressure cooker.
    lol
    Now you're worrying me because we don't which suggests that it'll be me since I stole my dad's pressure cooker....

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i made a chickpea and tofu (done first in my air fryer) curry and it was delicious!

I've done chickpeas in my air fryer before and eat them like chips.
    Novice and fgg like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Has anyone made yogurt yet? I was at the store this morning looking at the low carb yogurts and they were like $2.50 for a little tiny container. Screw that noise. I want to try making my own.

Yes I do. I make a batch every couple of weeks or so. When Zack was home for the summer I made it with zero sugar since he is diabetic and then flavored it per serving with Torani sugar free syrups.
    twitchy2.0, Novice and sprynkles like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information