Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: The scary-ass 'dips' on Pinterest?

Party night! If there are any super crazy ones, I'll take pics and give a full review
    Waterslide likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Well, the only really 'crazy' ones were a sour cream spicy bacon chipolte dip, which was amazing, and an eggplant parmesan dip, which was...not that great. It was like putting chopped up eggplant parmesan on top of a can of campbells soup The more typical dips, 'chili cheese,' three kinds of queso, a couple of different Salsas, were all pretty good, and all of the salsa recipes were from pinterest. So the lesson here is, "If that salsa recipe on Pinterest seems legit, it probably is "

Great party. I recommend the format; easy cleanup this morning and overall a cheap date!
    Just Kill Me and I'mNotBitter like this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

fgg

ooh, i love the idea of a dip potluck party!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Thanks again for the recipe, louisw! I made it on New Years Day and everyone loved it. I baked a chicken breast and used blue cheese instead of ranch dressing because I forgot I didn't have a new bottle of ranch, but I did go get the Chicken in a Biskits. I love those things.
    I'm glad you liked it. I don't know how everyone in america HASN'T heard of this dip by now.

I make pickle wrap dip on Christmas. Same concept as pickle wraps, just in a dip. It was awesome.
    Last edited by louiswinthorpe111; January 12th, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Waterslide likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

We need that recipe!
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Pickle Wrap Dip Recipe - Food.com - 397575

16 ounces cream cheese, softened
    12 ounces Buddig beef, chopped
    16 ounces baby dill pickles, drained, diced
    16 ounces Ritz crackers

Directions:
    1.Combine softened cream cheese, chopped beef, and diced pickles; mix well.
    2.Serve with Ritz crackers, chilled or up to room temperature.
    3.Refrigerate leftovers

There are a couple of other variations of this on Pinterest adding other spices, like onion powder. I say any variation is up to you.
    Waterslide likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I'm glad you liked it. I don't know how everyone in america HASN'T heard of this dip by now.

I make pickle wrap dip on Christmas. Same concept as pickle wraps, just in a dip. It was awesome.
    Most of the people I know are infuriatingly picky, or spicy-food challenged, so I basically have to beat them over the head to try new stuff. We're talking grown adults who won't eat something if they think there might be onion in it. I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Pickle Wrap Dip Recipe - Food.com - 397575

16 ounces cream cheese, softened
    12 ounces Buddig beef, chopped
    16 ounces baby dill pickles, drained, diced
    16 ounces Ritz crackers

Directions:
    1.Combine softened cream cheese, chopped beef, and diced pickles; mix well.
    2.Serve with Ritz crackers, chilled or up to room temperature.
    3.Refrigerate leftovers

There are a couple of other variations of this on Pinterest adding other spices, like onion powder. I say any variation is up to you.
    That's like one of those kind of old-fashionedish kind of dips my Mom and grandma make. We usually have it as a cheeseball and she puts horseradish in it. I don't know why they don't put pickles in it, but it sounds good that way. None of us could find that Buddig meat at any of the stores this year, so we didn't get the cheeseball.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

What kind of crazy people don't like onion? Mmmm. Onion is sooo good in everything. We make the onion, dried beef, etc. cheeseball every year. Actually I make two huge ones and they are gone superfast. That's my absolute favorite, so I might really like that kind. I googled and saw the pickle variation with onion and a couple of other things. I'm going to have to make this soon.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    What kind of crazy people don't like onion? Mmmm. Onion is sooo good in everything. We make the onion, dried beef, etc. cheeseball every year. Actually I make two huge ones and they are gone superfast. That's my absolute favorite, so I might really like that kind. I googled and saw the pickle variation with onion and a couple of other things. I'm going to have to make this soon.
    It drives me batty that people won't eat onions. There are two people I know who claim they're "allergic" (and not even in a mild way), but it's funny because they've eaten things I've made and there's onion in there and nothing happened to them. I don't even know how to cook without onion, it's unnatural. But then I've been tortured by knowing many uninspired eaters.

But yeah, I could scarf down one of those cheeseballs all by myself. I usually just put a glob of it on a Triscuit and I'm good to go.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

My ex didn't eat onion and when we were in the middle of breaking up I said I hoped he moved out so I could cook with onion every day. He did, and I do!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    My ex didn't eat onion and when we were in the middle of breaking up I said I hoped he moved out so I could cook with onion every day. He did, and I do!
    Ha! Unless he was deathly allergic or he'd get sick, you should have snuck some in something he was eating just to see what would happen or whether he'd notice or not. I'm awful that way....

I tried it a few times but onion has such a strong smell he'd know if I'd been cutting it up. Sometimes I'd say fuck it and tell him i was putting some in anyway but then he wouldn't stop whingeing.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

That's just annoying then. Absolutely nothing is worse than hearing a guy moaning about whatever he doesn't want to eat. 3 year olds, the entire lot of them.

fgg

i hate raw onion but i'll eat them any other way.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

My hubby's picky, as well as my middle son. They have issues with tomatoes. Can't have anything with tomatoes in it. Yet, spaghetti sauce is ok. Or Rotel in the sausage dip I make. They are so ridiculous. *sigh*

This isn't a big onion house. I do look with it, because I like the flavor it provides. Personally, I think it's a texture thing for me, because I can't stand biting into it. I use a lot of dried onion in crock pot recipes. That way, none of my picky eaters know I'm using it, so I don't have to hear them bitch.

They won't do mushrooms, either. Do you know how many times I pass off Cream of Mushroom soup as Cream of Chicken? Just typing this makes my shake my head at all their stupidity.

I quit catering to them in cooking. Then I don't get to eat anything I want. At New Years, I made a southern style gumbo. Made the perfect roux, with andouille and shrimp. No one would eat it because "they're too many vegetables in it." Okra and Celery, onion and tomatoes. Wouldn't even try it. So I ate the whole thing by myself over a week and a half.

My youngest will eat anything. Raw onion, bites into it like an apple. My oldest is right in the middle, larger food palate, but definately has things he doesn't like.

Hubby doesn't like Chicken. Especially if it's wings or something where he "can see the bones and veins and stuff." I can only make him boneless chicken breasts, and he still complains. Who the fuck doesn't like chicken? The kids love chicken wings. So I make those for us and hubby's on his own, which usually means he eats frozen pizza. His diet slays me. /endrant

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information