Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Sandra Lee Storms Out of Bergdorf's; Nick Gruber's New BF Insults Her!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I loved Paula in the beginning, but she turned into a bit of an ass with her obvious corn-pone schtick.
    I absolutely agree. I hate that she went from something of a biker chick to a Savannah social climber with some Beverly Hillbilly aesthetic thrown in at the end. The butter thing got to me after a while too. There is no way she uses as much butter as Julia Child and every other chef under the planet. And her newer restaurants seem to be as big a joke as Guy's.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I absolutely agree. I hate that she went from something of a biker chick to a Savannah social climber with some Beverly Hillbilly aesthetic thrown in at the end. The butter thing got to me after a while too. There is no way she uses as much butter as Julia Child and every other chef under the planet. And her newer restaurants seem to be as big a joke as Guy's.
    Some people say her restaurant, The Lady & Sons, is not as good as it used to be. And when she deep fried that lasagna and made the Krispy Kreme cheeseburger, I wanted to throttle her - she did it strictly for shock value. It had NOTHING to do with home cooking, which is why people watched her original shows. I hated Paula's Party - she was a complete idiot on that show. No wonder she likes Gina Neely so much. She had the Neelys on her show and between all the shrieking and grandstanding, I was ready to turn the channel.

Then Bobby Deen, bless his closeted heart, came out on stage, walked up to one of the Neely brothers, and planted a kiss on his face...swear to God. I know I wasn't the only one who saw this...but it made up for Paula's assholery and Gina's loud, grating voice.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

OMG, the Neelys! They need a permanent Ambien drip or something, I just always want them to calm down. Or take it down a few notches. But I love that Bobby Deen kissing story! Ha! I should see if I can find that.

I'd heard that The Lady & Sons restaurant wasn't that great anymore, too. I'd heard somewhere (but I can't remember where) that there were other restaurants in Savannah that were very similar, but better, even before she got famous. If it were up to me, I wouldn't stand in line to eat there, but I know a few people who still want to go. It's not to say I wouldn't let her cook for me if she was just at home and being herself though. A friend went to Savannah in October and everyone kept asking her if she was going to Paula Deen's restaurant, as though there aren't other things to do there. Is that all anyone associates with Savannah now? I'd be curious to know what people who live there think about her. But anyway, she's got these over-priced buffets all over the place now and the Yelp people are not impressed. $25 per person for a buffet ($20 for shrimp and grits seems high to me too) and the food sounds terrible.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

ENOUGH with the Paula bashing! She still doesn't use as much butter as Julia Child, so get off it! She tells you to use less anyway.
    Actually, enough with Sandra downing,too.
    Both call themselves cooks and do not prance around as Chefs.
    Both are self made,hard working women who support their families.
    Both have come from low poverty to high millions and neither seems anything but nice and actually caring.

Paula had a fair childhood, but Sandra was shoved off on a grandfather she had never even met at 12 or so, yet continued right on-always taking care of her younger siblings including step siblings and still does.

Paula fought off agoraphobia and had to repay her ex husband ge $200 he loaned her to get started.
    These are two self made against all odds women. I admire what they have done and wish them much hard earned success.

Bitter! I have a good mind to start calling you Butter,Sonny!

Please excuse this hissy fit. I have felt it coming on for days. I feel better.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I won't take that from Paula; she overcame a painful divorce and mental illness (agoraphobia) to make her success.
    But I can't stand Sandra. I think she's an awful "cook" or "chef" or whatever you wanna call her. And Sandra has been called on a lot of her BS as I've mentioned in more than one thread about her. Not going into it again.
    And personally, I don't care how much butter a person cooks with, so long as the meal is tasty. Butter and bacon, can't live without 'em. Praise JE-sus!
    But I'm glad you feel better McJag. I think.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    ENOUGH with the Paula bashing! She still doesn't use as much butter as Julia Child, so get off it! She tells you to use less anyway.
    Actually, enough with Sandra downing,too.
    Both call themselves cooks and do not prance around as Chefs.
    Both are self made,hard working women who support their families.
    Both have come from low poverty to high millions and neither seems anything but nice and actually caring.

Paula had a fair childhood, but Sandra was shoved off on a grandfather she had never even met at 12 or so, yet continued right on-always taking care of her younger siblings including step siblings and still does.

Paula fought off agoraphobia and had to repay her ex husband ge $200 he loaned her to get started.
    These are two self made against all odds women. I admire what they have done and wish them much hard earned success.

Bitter! I have a good mind to start calling you Butter,Sonny!

Please excuse this hissy fit. I have felt it coming on for days. I feel better.
    Uh, OK. What the hell? Get off it? Are you serious? I never said I hated Paula. In fact, I said in this thread that I do like her recipes. I said I don't want to take a chance on eating in her restaurants because they seem like over-priced, badly managed tourist traps, an opinion I formed from from reading countless online reviews from regular people. I also do not like the persona and shtick she's adopted as of late. Selling aprons from your Lady & Sons shop with the word "Butter" emblazoned on it? Yeah, I think it's OK that I associate Paula and butter. She's such a successful business lady, she's got the world convinced she invented it. I have no idea how we got on the "chef vs cook" debate, but I don't really care what they call themselves. I'm well aware of both their backgrounds, but that doesn't mean that everything they get paid to do on their televised cooking shows is above criticism. If you think that's bashing, you should read what other people say about Paula and Sandra. Now please excuse my hissy fit.

And I love butter, bacon and all other food decadence and I don't need someone to be Cordon Bleu-educated to cook for me. And for the record, I also don't hate Sandra Lee, but she has proven herself to be kind of ridiculous and ignorant.
    BITTER likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Not to mention that there are lots of celebs in the public eye who have had difficult pasts, and they are slagged on here as well. Paula and especially Sandra are not immune. Especially since Sandy LIES.

Sandra sucks ass. I will never forgive her for that Kwanzaa cake, how fucking ridiclous. I love Paula.
    McJag and BITTER like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Not to mention that there are lots of celebs in the public eye who have had difficult pasts, and they are slagged on here as well. Paula and especially Sandra are not immune. Especially since Sandy LIES.
    I agree, I think every celeb catches some flak here, regardless of their pasts.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Sandra sucks ass. I will never forgive her for that Kwanzaa cake, how fucking ridiclous. I love Paula.
    I never could forgive the Kwanzaa cake and now I'm adding the Hanukkah one to that list as well.
    ~Manx Mouse

Elite Member

I know, right? Like a cancerous lung or something...
    Or Sandra Lee's liver.
    BITTER likes this.

Uh, OK. What the hell? Get off it? Are you serious? I never said I hated Paula. In fact, I said in this thread that I do like her recipes. I said I don't want to take a chance on eating in her restaurants because they seem like over-priced, badly managed tourist traps, an opinion I formed from from reading countless online reviews from regular people. I also do not like the persona and shtick she's adopted as of late. Selling aprons from your Lady & Sons shop with the word "Butter" emblazoned on it? Yeah, I think it's OK that I associate Paula and butter. She's such a successful business lady, she's got the world convinced she invented it. I have no idea how we got on the "chef vs cook" debate, but I don't really care what they call themselves. I'm well aware of both their backgrounds, but that doesn't mean that everything they get paid to do on their televised cooking shows is above criticism. If you think that's bashing, you should read what other people say about Paula and Sandra. Now please excuse my hissy fit.

And I love butter, bacon and all other food decadence and I don't need someone to be Cordon Bleu-educated to cook for me. And for the record, I also don't hate Sandra Lee, but she has proven herself to be kind of ridiculous and ignorant.
    I never said you said anything. I was addressing Butter,formally known as Bitter. And there is no Chef debate. Both call themselves cooks.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I never said you said anything. I was addressing Butter,formally known as Bitter. And there is no Chef debate. Both call themselves cooks.
    My mistake, McJag. It sounded like you were addressing everyone in the thread, not just Butter, and Butter and I were the only ones complaining about Paula and I was the only person who brought up Julia Child's recipe butter content. (I meant it as a compliment to Paula - that people complain about her butter consumption when in fact Julia Child used more butter, so we agree on that?) And since you answered right after my post, I thought perhaps some of your response was directed at me. Sorry about the confusion.
    ~Manx Mouse

My mistake, McJag. It sounded like you were addressing everyone in the thread, not just Butter, and Butter and I were the only ones complaining about Paula and I was the only person who brought up Julia Child's recipe butter content. (I meant it as a compliment to Paula - that people complain about her butter consumption when in fact Julia Child used more butter, so we agree on that?) And since you answered right after my post, I thought perhaps some of your response was directed at me. Sorry about the confusion.
    It was not. I have a crush on Bitter. Except for his gayship & my marriage and maybe a few extra years(not that anyone dares question my age) we would make a perfect match. Minor points.
    Waterslide and BITTER like this.

It was not. I have a crush on Bitter. Except for his gayship & my marriage and maybe a few extra years(not that anyone dares question my age) we would make a perfect match. Minor points.
    Well you know what they say, the course of unrequited love never does run smooth, does it? Such a shame, too. lol
    BITTER likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Oh McJag, I am blushing, thank you !!
    McJag likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information