Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Restaurant that has banned screaming children says business is better than ever

I really do not understand how the world has come to tolerate the awful behavior of children but I am glad this restaurant owner stepped up.

I have seen things from children and their parents in restaurants that just bewildered me. A family of five seated at a table with baby in a high chair. The three children threw all their food on the floor and it was just a mess that we had to walk through. The parents were completely oblivious to it all. Now if all three of these children were autistic, it was still the responsibility of the parents to pick that garbage up and proceed to feed their kids to keep the food on the plate. I was just disgusted. I don't think that it is responsibility of waiters and waitresses to clean up a mess that was deliberately thrown down. And you know they didn't get a tip.

I don't think there is as much autism as there is lack of discipline. You separate the careless parenting from the parents who truly have autistic children and there wouldn't be the great numbers we think there are.

I'm thinking that if a kid cannot sit down and behave because they have ADHD then what good does do him/her to be brought into public where they disturb other people? They are not gaining any social skills or growth. So why bring them out to restaurants? Get a babysitter or something. Take them to water parks, regular parks, playgrounds and such where they can run around freely as much as they want.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

I wish more restaurants (and stores!) would have a policy like that.
    If I'm having dinner, even if it's not an upscale place, I'd like to do it in peace. I do not need other people's kids running around, screaming and bothering people.

Which reminds me...

This afternoon I was in a grocery store, and it was really quiet as it was almost closing time. There were 2 kids running around, playing and screaming. No parents in sight. The boy came running around the corner, straight at me, and I gave him the diertiest of dirty looks I could. The kid stopped in his tracks, looked up and just said 'hi' and then walked on.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Lord have mercy! I love this place. Long overdue. I never once let me child make a rucus in public and I don't think I ought to be the only one.
    I think that we're going to more & more have a society of those that do & can (or can not in this case) and those who just think that they are entittled to...

As for ADHD, my god son as it ere has ADHD. His parents have both worked exceptionally hard with him & he was never medicated until he was 13 or so (& then it was a small amount). He goes out to restaurants and generally is just fine. If he's bit one patent takes him outside while he cools down. See, rocket science. I have nothing but admiration for his parents, his mom especially!
    Free Charmed.

@Novice, now see, a bit of parent involvement like that makes others sympathetic. I think it is the lack of involvement that makes everyone hostile.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Yeah, I get that, I just wanted to share. They make me so proud & the boys are both such lovely people. My friend worked so very hard to try to ensure that he didn't have to take the meds; I think that she took it as a defeat when he did, but he needed something to help him concentrate to get him through the school classes & exams, etc.
    Free Charmed.

Good for her for sticking to her guns, no wonder business is booming

That's an excellent idea, and makes great business sense.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information