Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Recommend a restaurant

Elite Member

My very favorite restaurant of anywhere I've been is The Outback. Great food, great atmosphere and amazing service. We need to get that chain up North.
    Last edited by Elisa; March 25th, 2007 at 09:46 AM.

What! No Outback Steakhouse? Unfair!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^ We do have them in Canada, which I think is where Elisa is? I'm not certain, she edited her post. It just depends on where you are, they're not in every city.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    ^^ We do have them in Canada, which I think is where Elisa is? I'm not certain, she edited her post. It just depends on where you are, they're not in every city.
    Wow - we have them in Canada?! I had no idea. Do you know where Tati? I'm presuming bigger cities like Toronto and Vancouver.

Dallas: Sonny Bryan's (N. Market Street location) Really laid back but I loved it! They have barbecue and all of the traditional bbq sides (cole slaw, potato salad, beans) but they also have vegetables like fried okra, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, and squash. Salads and bread (always fresh out of the oven) are included with your meal. I ordered pecan pie for dessert and they threw in a free slice for my boyfriend! Both the service and the food were outstanding.

Houston: I know I've recommended this before but I just went back last weekend and I felt compelled to tell y'all again how great it is- Denis' at 12109 Westheimer. The name was recently changed to Jimmy Wilson's due to franchising but it's the same menu. I got cream crab bisque and grouper broiled in butter and topped with lemon butter and crab meat with a side of sauteed asparagus. This is the best seafood I've ever had.

Galveston: The Phoenix Bakery behind the strand. Try the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Wow - we have them in Canada?! I had no idea. Do you know where Tati? I'm presuming bigger cities like Toronto and Vancouver.
    I know there's one in Hamilton (I went there as a kid and loved it!) and I think some of the Toronto suburbs have them. There aren't really many big steakhouse chains like that in Toronto proper, just in the surrounding area.

You edited the Halifax places out of your original post! Now I'll have to bug you for recommendations if I end up travelling out there, LOL. I live for seafood...
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I know there's one in Hamilton (I went there as a kid and loved it!) and I think some of the Toronto suburbs have them. There aren't really many big steakhouse chains like that in Toronto proper, just in the surrounding area.

You edited the Halifax places out of your original post! Now I'll have to bug you for recommendations if I end up travelling out there, LOL. I live for seafood...
    Ooops, sorry Tati. Here are my recommendations for Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada:

Bish, Il Mercato and Da Maurizio are the best in the city and all under the same owner. They're exquisite.
    il Mercato Restorante, Halifax and Bedford Restaurants, Traditional Italian Cuisine, Nova Scotia
    *Links to Bish and Da Maurizio are along the top.

My personal favorite for a night out is East Side Marios (very reminiscent of The Olive Garden in the US). In The Community - East Side Mario's

For something a bit more casual, Salty's Restaurant has the best seafood. We're on the Atlantic Ocean so it's gotta be fantastic. Salty's is situated on the waterfront with a patio overlooking the harbour and a great view of all the festivities in the middle of the city.
    Salty's Restaurant, Location, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Here's your view - well...at least when the Tall Ships are here.

Awww... so pretty. Thanks!

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information